Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Team Needs
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mike23md

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:43 pm    Post subject: Team Needs Reply with quote

If this has been posted before I apologize, but I am trying to get a fan base opinion of the team needs.

Just the top 3 or 4.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All Of Them Laughing...

1...QB...The most important position in all of football...we have to find some consistent savvy play at that position...maybe not even someone who will bowl us over and single handle win us games but at least someone who won't lose us them.

2a...S...This team lacks playmaking ability and speed...finding an impact safety would solve a lot of issues on the back end.

2b...CB...Exact same as the safety position...badly need some speed and playmaking ability.

3...TE...Zach Miller is a good player but he can't stay healthy...we need to find a receiving threat at the position especially with a young QB.

4...OT...We have to continue to build on a strength...our interior line is as good as you will find but we need to find some more protection for the QB and someone to open lanes up for Howard.

5...DL...Goldman & Hicks are great but we need to find someone else to play the 5 tech and act as depth in the nickel.
G08

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Team Needs Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
If this has been posted before I apologize, but I am trying to get a fan base opinion of the team needs.

Just the top 3 or 4.

Thanks.

In my quick opinion:

QB
CB
S
TE
OT
5T

jrry32 wrote:
apples

When the defense allowed 20 pts or fewer, the Cutler-led Bears were 36-7
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starters

QB
FS
SS
CB
WR, if Alshon leaves

Quality Compeition

TE
OT
DE
CB

Depth

NT
OLB
WR/KR
ILB, depending on Trevathan's surgery
topwop1

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
All Of Them Laughing...

1...QB...The most important position in all of football...we have to find some consistent savvy play at that position...maybe not even someone who will bowl us over and single handle win us games but at least someone who won't lose us them.

2a...S...This team lacks playmaking ability and speed...finding an impact safety would solve a lot of issues on the back end.

2b...CB...Exact same as the safety position...badly need some speed and playmaking ability.

3...TE...Zach Miller is a good player but he can't stay healthy...we need to find a receiving threat at the position especially with a young QB.

4...OT...We have to continue to build on a strength...our interior line is as good as you will find but we need to find some more protection for the QB and someone to open lanes up for Howard.

5...DL...Goldman & Hicks are great but we need to find someone else to play the 5 tech and act as depth in the nickel.

This. Couldn't have explained it better.

I will say that Hoyer is a guy who won't lose you games. Laughing I expect him back as a bridge guy. Makes too much sense considering they are keeping the exact same offensive staff minus Magazu and how much Fox and Pace preach ball security.

Still need to find that long term solution at QB though because I think we can all agree that Hoyer is not the long term answer.
HuskieBear

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

topwop1 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
All Of Them Laughing...

I will say that Hoyer is a guy who won't lose you games. Laughing I expect him back as a bridge guy. Makes too much sense considering they are keeping the exact same offensive staff minus Magazu and how much Fox and Pace preach ball security.

Still need to find that long term solution at QB though because I think we can all agree that Hoyer is not the long term answer.

Tell that to Houston in the playoffs last year Laughing
G08

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HuskieBear wrote:
topwop1 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
All Of Them Laughing...

Zing! Laughing

jrry32 wrote:
apples

When the defense allowed 20 pts or fewer, the Cutler-led Bears were 36-7
bearsfan323

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QB
CB
S
OT
bearsfan323

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HuskieBear wrote:
topwop1 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
All Of Them Laughing...

Didn't KC have 2 ST touchdowns in that game though?
HuskieBear

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsfan323 wrote:
HuskieBear wrote:
topwop1 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
All Of Them Laughing...

Didn't KC have 2 ST touchdowns in that game though?

Yes, Knile Davis did take the opening kick back for a TD, but Hoyer also threw 4 INTs, fumbled twice (lost 1). Took 3 sacks and only threw for ~130 yards with a 4 yard avg.
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

QB- Obviously this is the most pressing need. With Fox in a playoff or bust season and Ryan Pace's seat getting warmer, I highly doubt they bank on a rookie QB. A vet will be signed, Tony Romo makes a lot of sense.

S- Similar to ILB for the Bears last offseason where Pace signed both Trevathan and Freeman to give them two new starters, my guess is the same is done with S this offseason. Two new starters here.

CB- Unlike S, the Bears have a couple young players with potential. Pace went after Janoris Jenkins, AJ Bouye, and Josh Norman last offseason. I would be highly surprised if he doesn't land Johnson/Bouye/Gilmore this offseason. Paired with a high draft pick.

DE- Akiem Hicks played at an elite level this year, unfortunately Mitch Unrein was starting opposite him. One of the worst starters on the team without question. Jonathan Bullard has potential but nothing's come of it.

OT- Charles Leno Jr has been a pleasant surprise at LT and is still only 25, he could be upgraded but I wouldn't consider it a pressing need. RT is a major weakness in my book, Massie isn't worth what he's being paid. I could see Pace going after a Wagner/Reiff/Volmer like player in FA. A swing OT is needed as well, I bet we see a mid round pick there in April.

BEARS----BULLS----DODGERS----KINGS--
bkokot

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I apparently think OLB is a much bigger need than most other people here do.

In fact, with as much as Pernell McPhee has been injured, i'm not sure he's even back in 2017. He's only got $1.5 mil in dead money left on his contract.

Lamarr Houston is lackluster at best, plus he's always injured, and he can be cut for just under $2 mil.

I'd hardly want to rely on Willie Young, but we're likely stuck with him for another season, or we will have to burn $5 mil, so he'll be on the roster, but I don't think of him as a starter. God willing we could trade him.

Sam Acho is a nice special teams guy, and good for a few solid plays in a season, but he's a rotational guy, who also happens to be a UFA.

Unless we are relying on Roy Robertson-Harris to become something, I think we need to address the position in FA or the draft.

2013 Bears Forum Pick'em Champion
TankWilliams

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkokot wrote:
I apparently think OLB is a much bigger need than most other people here do.

In fact, with as much as Pernell McPhee has been injured, i'm not sure he's even back in 2017. He's only got $1.5 mil in dead money left on his contract.

Lamarr Houston is lackluster at best, plus he's always injured, and he can be cut for just under $2 mil.

I'd hardly want to rely on Willie Young, but we're likely stuck with him for another season, or we will have to burn $5 mil, so he'll be on the roster, but I don't think of him as a starter. God willing we could trade him.

Sam Acho is a nice special teams guy, and good for a few solid plays in a season, but he's a rotational guy, who also happens to be a UFA.

Unless we are relying on Roy Robertson-Harris to become something, I think we need to address the position in FA or the draft.

I still think S and CB are bigger needs, but I was just thinking that TJ Watt might be an interesting pick in the second if he's there.
Rogerthat

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like bkokot except with OT. Since we are drafting Watson at #3 we need to protect him. Leno can play but he doesn't have the size. I would hate see another JaMarcus Webb Jay Culter combo with Watson. They have the cap to upgrade the position. Compton or Kalil or Jokel to upgrade the left tackle. A lot of people on the forum likes Vollmer on the right.

LT
Compton/kalil/Jockel
Leno
RT
vollmer
4th rounder or maybe massie.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerthat wrote:
I feel like bkokot except with OT. Since we are drafting Watson at #3 we need to protect him. Leno can play but he doesn't have the size. I would hate see another JaMarcus Webb Jay Culter combo with Watson. They have the cap to upgrade the position. Compton or Kalil or Jokel to upgrade the left tackle. A lot of people on the forum likes Vollmer on the right.

LT
Compton/kalil/Jockel
Leno
RT
vollmer
4th rounder or maybe massie.

Have you actually watched Kalil and/or Joeckel play? Kalil is a turnstile and Joeckel played guard this year. Neither is an upgrade over Leno.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: