Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Team Needs
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mike23md

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:41 pm    Post subject: Team Needs Reply with quote

If this has been posted before I apologize, but I am trying to get a fan base opinion of the team needs.

Just the top 3 or 4.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends on the offseason.

A couple of answers I think the Giants need to answer :

1. Should Flower move to LT?
2. Do we trust Keenan Robinson enough to man the MLB spot for the future?
3. Do we resign JPP?
4. Are we set at FS with Adams and Thompson?
5. Is Perkins the answer at RB?
6. Do we bring back Victor Cruz?
7. Does Hankins resign?

If yes to those questions, then imo needs are as follows:

LT
G
TE
QB (for the future)
Go_Giants

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1 RT/RG or both - We need at least one more starter on the offensive line. I am not sure if they are happy with Hart at RT, they might move him back to guard next season or deem he is not a starter.

#2 Outside Wideout - Right now we just have OBJ and two slot receivers, as bad as Ruben Randle was last year the passing attack looked a lot better last year with him in it.

#3 Play making Tight End - None of the tight ends on this roster are explosive, and only the rookie tight end seems to be decent at blocking, this position should be upgraded next year.
GEE MEN

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LT, RT, MLB, TE (Flowers moved to RG)

Desperado82 wrote:
I will never defend Romo again. I'm done. We may only have a shot at the playoffs or what have you because of him, but he will NEVER put us over the hump.
minutemancl

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need improvements on offense at TE, LT, RT, and RB. On defense, we need help at all of our linebacker spots, DE, and DT depth. We also potentially need a kicker and a developmental QB.

1st yr head coaches rarely see success their 1st yr, if at all.
w4rrior723

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tier 1 (By far the biggest needs):
OT
TE

Tier 2:
WR
RB
LB

Tier 3:
DL depth
Interior OL
K
Backup QB
bucsEST96

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our biggest need is OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR. I seen the same damn run draws for 17 games. I watched Shepard be underutilized. I watched tonight a team treated Odell Beckham like a gunner on special teams and we had no answer vs these BS Green Bay DBs.
New LT [ ]
Micha Hyde[ ]
Dontrelle Inman [ ]
Calais Campbell [ ]
Malcolm Smith [ ]
Mike Gillislee[ ]
mattbags2313

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsEST96 wrote:
Our biggest need is OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR. I seen the same damn run draws for 17 games. I watched Shepard be underutilized. I watched tonight a team treated Odell Beckham like a gunner on special teams and we had no answer vs these BS Green Bay DBs.

FACTS

and how about our first relevant TEA since shockey
Gmen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eli is 36 and not getting any younger. We need to do what the Broncos did with Peyton and give him a strong running game and defense. I think we need invest in a good tackle and guard. I also think we need to get one of the top running backs in the draft in the first or second round.

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
bucsEST96

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go get a real OC like Wisenhunt or please Norv. No more Draws and short crosses to only Beckham
New LT [ ]
Micha Hyde[ ]
Dontrelle Inman [ ]
Calais Campbell [ ]
Malcolm Smith [ ]
Mike Gillislee[ ]
GMENNATION

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RB in 1st or 2nd round makes sense. Even if you like Perkins, there are only a handful of RBs in the league that should be true bell cows. For the position to be a strength, he needs a compliment.

OT is the biggest need though. No matter how you slice it, we need to improve there. I know Flowers should move to RT or even RG but that should not happen unless we find a legit LT, which is unlikely.

Third biggest need has to be DE. I think we can make do with a lower tier DT alongside Snacks but we can be in rough shape without a legit DE. Whether that is bringing back JPP or someone else, Okwara should not be a full-time starter. OO has shown no reason to believe he can be that guy either. Love Okwara as a situational guy but need someone ahead of him.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Move Flowers to RT, move Hart to RG and compete with Jerry (atleast build depth). Re-sign JPP, cut cruz, keep DRC, let Hankins sign somewhere else (Let Bromley start with Thomas backing him up), keep Keenan Robinson, cut Kelvin Sheppard (move goodson to back up). Defense should look the same besides Thompson back at starting FS and Bromley starting next to Hankins.

I like the guy who posted about Ruben Randle...I know he was a headache but you cant tell me that he wouldn't have done a better job on the outside than Cruz and he's younger. Bring him back and roll with RR, OBJ, Shep, Lewis, King as our WR core next year.

We get Will Johnson and Vereen back next year so I don't think RB is a huge concern, I think Perkins should start (cut Jennings), Johnson at FB, Vereen on 3rd downs.

We would in my opinion have huge holes at LT and TE...I really wanted Jake Butt from Michigan with our first pick but after tearing his ACL I don't think his value is 1st round anymore. Maybe we can grab him in the second or third depending on heath. Another option would be OJ Howard from Bama, I think he can be a really good player who can contribute on passing downs and block for the run game. Either way...LT and TE have to be the biggest holes on this roster. Period.
Go_Giants

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WiscoBlue21 wrote:
Move Flowers to RT, move Hart to RG and compete with Jerry (atleast build depth). Re-sign JPP, cut cruz, keep DRC, let Hankins sign somewhere else (Let Bromley start with Thomas backing him up), keep Keenan Robinson, cut Kelvin Sheppard (move goodson to back up). Defense should look the same besides Thompson back at starting FS and Bromley starting next to Hankins.

I like the guy who posted about Ruben Randle...I know he was a headache but you cant tell me that he wouldn't have done a better job on the outside than Cruz and he's younger. Bring him back and roll with RR, OBJ, Shep, Lewis, King as our WR core next year.

We get Will Johnson and Vereen back next year so I don't think RB is a huge concern, I think Perkins should start (cut Jennings), Johnson at FB, Vereen on 3rd downs.

We would in my opinion have huge holes at LT and TE...I really wanted Jake Butt from Michigan with our first pick but after tearing his ACL I don't think his value is 1st round anymore. Maybe we can grab him in the second or third depending on heath. Another option would be OJ Howard from Bama, I think he can be a really good player who can contribute on passing downs and block for the run game. Either way...LT and TE have to be the biggest holes on this roster. Period.

I would not want to bring back Ruben Randle he was either running the wrong routes or giving up on them. I just believe the passing attacked looked better with him in it because he was a legit outside wide out (just not a good one).

I am just having trouble thinking of who we could get in free agency to fill in that role. Alshon Jeffrey and Desean Jackson are going to be too expensive. Terrelle Pryor and Brandon Marshall are both Divas, our locker room already has one in OBJ, nothing good can happen by bringing in another.
reckless123

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Draft a RB in the first round? Are you kidding me?First of all RB wasn't the problem. Our o-line arent very good run blockers. We are a power running team that really hasn't got all that much power. Our run offense is at its best when it's on the move. Also I don't know who his declaring but the RB in this draft is deep.

I say we keep JPP and Hankins if feasible and get some situational pass rushers. That's what we need. We can't have OV playing that high percentage of snaps. Yeah we need a LBers and a TE. Keep DRC, he's still worth what he is paid. Now let's get one thing straight, you can't address all needs in one off season. So our priority is a OL and then I say some DLine depth. You gotta start there.

I want Kendall Wright, he should be cheap and Nick Perry. Both aren't gonna get long term deals. They will get short term deals.

"I'm not in danger, I AM the DANGER" - Heisenberg
Gmen

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked the idea of Melvin Gordon, Todd Gurley or Eliot in the past few drafts. If there is a true bell cow available at 23, I will once again support the idea. We need to move away from this one dimensional offense. No matter how good OBJ is, it's easy to defend when you don't have to respect the running game. The offensive line is part of the problem, but only part of the problem.

I think we need a new #2 receiver, preferably a bigger body. We need size to complement Sheppard and OBJ, so I'd pass on Kendall Wright. Nick Perry is going to get paid big money.

We also need a TE, and there are two guys that are going to blow the top off at the combine - Howard from Alabama, and the kid from Miami. Both might be intriguing options at 23.

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: