Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Team Needs
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mike23md

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:33 pm    Post subject: Team Needs Reply with quote

If this has been posted before I apologize, but I am trying to get a fan base opinion of the team needs.

Just the top 3 or 4.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OT, Guard, Defensive line , Middle linebacker, 3rd wr running back change of pace.

Big Palooka wrote:
"They don't have to worry about him making consistent passes. They will win another 2-3 max with him at QB."
Broncofan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thebestever6 wrote:
OT, Guard, Defensive line , Middle linebacker, 3rd wr running back change of pace.

Good list of our needs, just to be clear we have a 3-4 scheme ILB more accurate.
KingBishop

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need a coach Wink

But yes Oline badly outside of C. 3-4 end and NT and ILb, a CB also. Possibly a third RB and another WR. TE also.

David Njoku, Jourdan Lewis, Steven Taylor, Tedric Thompson, Marlon Mack, Brian Hill, OJ Howard, Jamal Adams, Malik Hooker, Marcus Williams, Eddie Jackson

Deforest Buckner is the best player in the 2016 draft class
BroncoBruin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Right Tackle
2. Left Guard
3. Nose Tackle
4. 3-4 Inside Linebacker
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think to win the division, the team will need at least 12 wins.
broncosfan_101

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Non-C offensive linemen, preferably 2 of them.
3. Offensive playmaker to work underneath, middle of the field...TE, pass-catching RB, slot WR.

Those are the needs. Other things like NT and ILB would be nice, but the team can compete for a championship without significant upgrades at those spots. Same cannot be said about those I listed.
Broncofan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan_101 wrote:
1. Non-C offensive linemen, preferably 2 of them.
3. Offensive playmaker to work underneath, middle of the field...TE, pass-catching RB, slot WR.

Those are the needs. Other things like NT and ILB would be nice, but the team can compete for a championship without significant upgrades at those spots. Same cannot be said about those I listed.

Since you had 1 & 3 listed, did you miss a line?

I'm guessing 3-4 DE has to be #2 - there's no way we improve our run D without an upgrade there, and we have to upgrade that significantly to compete for a championship.
BroncoBruin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think some of you underestimate how much Sylvester Williams' bad play hurts our run defense. The run defense from Crick's side could be better and should be if we re-sign Vance Walker, but the biggest problem is Sly. Remember, bad run defense keeps the nose tackle on the field. I don't care what percentage of snaps a NT plays, if he's playing less than 60% it means he's probably doing his job well. It's important enough for a serious investment, snap count be damned.
Broncofan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoBruin wrote:
I think some of you underestimate how much Sylvester Williams' bad play hurts our run defense. The run defense from Crick's side could be better and should be if we re-sign Vance Walker, but the biggest problem is Sly. Remember, bad run defense keeps the nose tackle on the field. I don't care what percentage of snaps a NT plays, if he's playing less than 60% it means he's probably doing his job well. It's important enough for a serious investment, snap count be damned.

I think everyone recognizes this - traditionally, though, 3-4 NT isn't that expensive to fill via FA, or cost a premium pick in the draft (IIRC I've seen best 3-4 NT fall to the 3rd round some drafts).
BroncoBruin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broncofan wrote:
BroncoBruin wrote:

I think everyone recognizes this - traditionally, though, NT isn't that expensive to fill.
I think a few were suggesting re-signing Sly to address the position, which to me is insane. We need to bring in someone. I wouldn't mind spending serious money on Brandon Williams.
Broncofan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoBruin wrote:
Broncofan wrote:
BroncoBruin wrote:

I think everyone recognizes this - traditionally, though, NT isn't that expensive to fill.
I think a few were suggesting re-signing Sly to address the position, which to me is insane. We need to bring in someone. I wouldn't mind spending serious money on Brandon Williams.

That was a while back IIRC - Sly's play in the 2H probably stopped that discussion in its tracks.

The only issue with Williams is as the top NT in the market, how much he costs. You get the 2nd/3rd best NT, they're dirt cheap. Or get the best NT in the draft, we could see them fall to our comp 3rd picks, who can actually help year 1 (NT, ILB, RB, G are some of the positions rookies can step in and be OK - obviously they get better with more experience, but a handful of positions the draft actually can provide starters).

Don't get me wrong, in cap-less world, you pay the best guy. I think the drop from best LT to next best is a cavern, so Whitworth is our #1 priority. I think a 3-4 DE is our next one after that (Walker is great as a rotational guy, put him as the 3rd guy with Wolfe/new DE, we're good). I think with those guys, you get a decent but not-best NT, we're in solid shape to return to 2015 elite D form.
iLikeDefense

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, let's not re-sign sly. Dude gets washed out of plays and doesn't have a good motor. I recall the Vikings game last year where AP ran up the middle because sly got moved like a push cart.

I'd have to rank needs as:

1. OL (OG/OT) - Our QB's took a pounding this season and if this doesn't get addressed they will really develop bad playing habits. You have to think CJ and co. would love a nice running lane once in awhile.
2. DL (NT/DE) - We can go either position since it's definitely killing our team on every down. When was the last time we could stop a 3rd & 1...yeah teams killed us this past year.
3. TE/Slot WR/RB - I would have put ILB but if we shore up the DL and have Nelson start (draft an ILB) I think we could get by. So I choose what BF101 put as his 3rd option. We need to have that hot route/reliable chain mover on this offense.

^ Joe_is_the_best with the sig.
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am pretty sure Sly can push the nacho cart.
broncos67

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. OT- only because both of ours are awful.
2. OG- because Schofield could be passable if we can't fix everything in a year.
3. NT- because Sly just isn't cutting it.
4. RB- I personally don't believe a long-term answer is on the team
5. ILB- Corey Nelson could be decent in the second ILB role, but upgrade is needed.
6. DE- I think they resign Vance and grab more depth in FA, but wouldn't mind more talent.

Thanks, Tzimisce

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: