Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Team Needs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mike23md

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:25 pm    Post subject: Team Needs Reply with quote

If this has been posted before I apologize, but I am trying to get a fan base opinion of the team needs.

Just the top 3 or 4.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Pass rushing DE
2. Three down LB
3. WR #2, preferably a burner

With Free agency, losing Zeitler and/or Whitworth would change this drastically
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
1. Pass rushing DE
2. Three down LB
3. WR #2, preferably a burner

With Free agency, losing Zeitler and/or Whitworth would change this drastically

I don't believe we will lose both. We also drafted Westerman last year. I think Zeitler leaves and we resign Whit.

I agree

1. DE
2. LB
3. Speed WR

Thanks to mike23md for the sig
MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now I would say this

1.DE
2.C
3.DT

LB is a wildcard IMO. It's very possible the Bengals draft a LB in the 1st round which would be fine. But the Bengals primarily prefer to use a 4-2 nickle defense, and I think Vincent Rey doesn't get enough credit for what he does. So me personally I would be fine with Burfict and Vincent as there top 2 LB's. And Dansby wasn't bad either, but he's a free agent and he's old.

I would also say OT and QB are needs as well. OT because they need to bring in another vet to possibly start if Ogbuehi or Fisher continue to suck. QB only if they trade McCarron.

And depending on free agency, WR, OT, OG, LB, and CB could be needs.
Beck Bristow

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll certainly add a running back this off-season, with Gio coming off an injury, Hill being no where close to his rookie form, and Burkhead possibly on the move.

I don't see any position that couldn't see some turnover in the roster. To me,

Center
DE
LB

Are the spots that I think we could see the most impact by an upgrade through the draft.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. DE
2. WR (speed)
3. LB
4. OC
5. DT

With RB being a higher need if Burkhead leaves.

DE is widely considered to be the biggest team need by Bengal fans, as outside of Dunlap, they have little to nothing. Johnson has regressed, Clarke has only shown flashes of being a rotational player, and Hunt is a bust the Bengals need to move on from. A DE in free agency or high draft pick is imperative.

The Bengals don't have a deep threat WR beyond Green, and that really held back the passing game this year. LaFell isn't that guy, Boyd is a slot WR, and Core has potential but is nowhere near ready for a starting role. If the Bengals go into next season with this year's WRs and don't make any tangible improvements, I expect the passing game to struggle yet again. I don't expect the Bengals to do much to address this need, unfortunately.

The Bengals have little behind Burifict at LB. Maualuga needs to be cut and I suspect he will be, Rey is a decent rotational guy but is not a 3 down LB, Dawson has been a bust to date, and Vigil doesn't look ready for a starting role. They need an upgrade here but like WR, I wouldn't be surprised if the Bengals made no tangible upgrades here. The Bengals are way too conservative when it comes to addressing team needs, and it bit them in the [inappropriate/removed] this year.

The Bengals have needed an upgrade at center for at least two years but like I said above, they're slow to address needs. Bodine sucks but the coaching staff likes him for some absurd reason. I suspect he'll be the starter again this year.

The Bengals don't have much behind Geno but do have some intriguing young guys. Peko needs replaced but they don't really have his replacement. They hoped Billings would be the guy but an injury derailed his rookie year and counting on him for anything would be a mistake next season, imo. The Bengals need a new starting nose tackle. I'd go to free agency to address this, but the Bengals won't.

If Burkhead leaves they'll have virtually nothing at RB, as Gio is a likely PUP candidate. Burkhead is highly more effective than Hill but I suspect he'll leave to go to a team that will actually play him. The Bengals will need to bring in another back one way or another.

If it sounds like I'm down on the Bengals it's because I am. I have zero confidence that this team will do what is necessary to get back into contention. Mike is content with being mediocre, and the Bengals will likely continue to be mediocre.
Jason_Bengal_Fl

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

speed edge rusher
center
speed WR

But keep in mind when doing a Bengals mock they tend to go BPA over need.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason_Bengal_Fl wrote:
speed edge rusher
center
speed WR

I know its not a fashionable view; but nobody should be surprised IMO if we end up with another 1st round corner.

Adam Jones could get cut, Dre K could leave, Dennard is an uncertainty, and Jackson is coming off injury.

Whilst I would like a DE to upgrade out anaemic pass rush; we certainly should not discount another R1 CB; depending upon what happens pre-April......
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hokie wrote:
If it sounds like I'm down on the Bengals it's because I am. I have zero confidence that this team will do what is necessary to get back into contention. Mike is content with being mediocre, and the Bengals will likely continue to be mediocre.

I hear ya Hokie; but I'm not so down on this team as much as I perhaps should be.

We all know where the pressing needs are with this team; but its a close league; and I don't think we're that far away from play-off contention.

With better kicking this year; and a few breaks here and there; we could easily have been a 10-6 team......
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
Adam Jones could get cut, Dre K could leave, Dennard is an uncertainty, and Jackson is coming off injury.

We would be idiotic to not sign a corner if we lose both Jones and Dre. We shouldn't rely on a 1st rounder corner because as we've seen they take time to come up to speed...
Jason_Bengal_Fl

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
Jason_Bengal_Fl wrote:
speed edge rusher
center
speed WR

I know its not a fashionable view; but nobody should be surprised IMO if we end up with another 1st round corner.

Whilst I would like a DE to upgrade out anaemic pass rush; we certainly should not discount another R1 CB; depending upon what happens pre-April......

It would not surprise me at all. There are some good CBs at the top of the draft and based on how this team prioritizes positional value, CB may be a good fit at 9.

I'm still hoping for Foster though. lol
theJ

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:

We would be idiotic to not sign a corner if we lose both Jones and Dre. We shouldn't rely on a 1st rounder corner because as we've seen they take time to come up to speed...

They'd come along faster if they played.

Heck, they'd come along faster if they got more exposure to the big names in practice. When Dennard is barely sniffing nickle work during blowouts, you know he's not seeing any meaningful reps in practice either. There's no way the guy can develop in that situation.

~T.S. Eliot
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:

They'd come along faster if they played.

Heck, they'd come along faster if they got more exposure to the big names in practice. When Dennard is barely sniffing nickle work during blowouts, you know he's not seeing any meaningful reps in practice either. There's no way the guy can develop in that situation.

I agree but even JJoe and Hall went through growing pains. Which I'm fine with but I don't think it's wise to have WJIII + Dennard + a 1st round corner all going through those pains together... Laughing
Crickett

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I would like to ask for my current mock draft I'm trying to write a second round for: What would you guys think of the idea of the Bengals drafting back to back linebackers?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. I doubt they draft one early. Virtually any other position but qb. DE seems most likely, but I think value will have a lot to do with it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: