Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Team Needs
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mike23md

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:24 pm    Post subject: Team Needs Reply with quote

If this has been posted before I apologize, but I am trying to get a fan base opinion of the team needs.

Just the top 3 or 4.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1: Cornerback
2: Edge rusher
3: OC
4: WR
5: Safety
sp6488

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danand wrote:

Pretty much this, although I would flip WR and safety personally. Depending on our offseason signings/departures, OG/RT could leapfrog them to #4.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same positions, but different order for me. I think the top five is what you can expect from us. The Ravens need a lot and it's hard to leave out any of those positions.

1. CB
2. C
3. S
4. EDGE
5. WR

If/when Wagner leaves in free agency then RT shoots up the board since it seems like the team is setting up to have Lewis at LG. In that scenario I would probably put it just after C on my list.
Danand

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
Danand wrote:

Pretty much this, although I would flip WR and safety personally. Depending on our offseason signings/departures, OG/RT could leapfrog them to #4.

A farewell to Webb and his cap number would bump safety up way higher, but so far I believe Aiken is gone first.

Basically it is way early to talk about needs.
Danand

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Same positions, but different order for me. I think the top five is what you can expect from us. The Ravens need a lot and it's hard to leave out any of those positions.

1. CB
2. C
3. S
4. EDGE
5. WR

If/when Wagner leaves in free agency then RT shoots up the board since it seems like the team is setting up to have Lewis at LG. In that scenario I would probably put it just after C on my list.

The thing is, it seems Urschel and Jensen didn't cut it as centers, while we do have some talent in De'Ondre Wesley and Stephane nembot at RT tackle who both have plenty of physical talent.
sp6488

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danand wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
Danand wrote:

A farewell to Webb and his cap number would bump safety up way higher, but so far I believe Aiken is gone first.

Basically it is way early to talk about needs.

Yea. Personally I think Webb stays but the number is reduced through an extension or something to that effect, but who knows until it actually happens. With Weddle and Webb, my thought is that the average age is much higher than at WR, where Perriman and Moore (and Campanero to a much lesser extent) appear to be credible guys as far as future potential. Don't really have that behind the Ws.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think we'd extend Webb to lower his cap. My guess is that we talk to him about a pay cut honestly. He's older (will turn 32 during the season), his knees are shot, and he's been converted to FS because he can't cut it as a CB anymore. I think even he knows that he isn't worth a $5.5m salary ($7.5 cap hit) anymore. He certainly wouldn't get it elsewhere if he were released. So, I think they'll mutually agree to decrease that $5.5m salary to like $3m and he'll stay in the organization he's been with for his career and we'll keep an average FS for a better price.

[quote="SFPatsFan"]

Flaccomania is a genius who is an expert on literally everything he talks about so you should trust him. [/quote]
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edge, corner, center are the top 3 in some order.

I expect Weddle and Webb to be here and continue being good for the next two years, so safety isn't very high as an immediate need for me. Possession type WR would be 4th for me.

Though if we are talking first round of the draft, I endorse going BPA at almost any spot.
sp6488

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
I don't think we'd extend Webb to lower his cap. My guess is that we talk to him about a pay cut honestly. He's older (will turn 32 during the season), his knees are shot, and he's been converted to FS because he can't cut it as a CB anymore. I think even he knows that he isn't worth a $5.5m salary ($7.5 cap hit) anymore. He certainly wouldn't get it elsewhere if he were released. So, I think they'll mutually agree to decrease that $5.5m salary to like $3m and he'll stay in the organization he's been with for his career and we'll keep an average FS for a better price.

To clarify a bit, my thought on extension would be something like turning his entire 2017 salary into bonus, then adding two years at vet minimum or something like that. I could see the approach you outline as well, though.

Either way, I believe he will be at FS for 2017.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) Head Coach
2) Offensive Coordinator
3) Defensive Coordinator
Harding

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Offensive Line
2. Corner
3. WR
4. Safety

**** High potential edge player or nothing. We have enough solid edge guys.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danand wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:

1. CB
2. C
3. S
4. EDGE
5. WR

The thing is, it seems Urschel and Jensen didn't cut it as centers, while we do have some talent in De'Ondre Wesley and Stephane nembot at RT tackle who both have plenty of physical talent.

Meh, I don't count Wesley or Nembot as anything. If they're in the mix for starting at right tackle next season something went horribly wrong between now and June.

As for Urschel and Jensen not cutting it at center... that's not really a surprise. Because neither one of them are centers. Urschel was a guard at Penn State, did well at guard filling in his first two seasons in Baltimore (not in his stint at center last season though), and had a fairly disappointing year this season. Jensen was a left tackle at a small college. It would be really nice in the front office invested in an actual center to solidify that position. Also a coach that isn't trash, but can't really do anything about that with Harbaugh around.
Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Danand wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:

1. CB
2. C
3. S
4. EDGE
5. WR

Meh, I don't count Wesley or Nembot as anything. If they're in the mix for starting at right tackle next season something went horribly wrong between now and June.

As for Urschel and Jensen not cutting it at center... that's not really a surprise. Because neither one of them are centers. Urschel was a guard at Penn State, did well at guard filling in his first two seasons in Baltimore (not in his stint at center last season though), and had a fairly disappointing year this season. Jensen was a left tackle at a small college. It would be really nice in the front office invested in an actual center to solidify that position. Also a coach that isn't trash, but can't really do anything about that with Harbaugh around.

Jensen is just the new Jah Reid. A developmental O-line guy who has managed to stick around because he can play a couple of different positions. I don't think we'll ever see him become a starter.

I'm disappointed in Urschel, I have to say. If any O-lineman should have had the smarts to become a good Center, it would be him. If Lewis is tagged to move to RT next year, then Urschel might have a shot at LG. But perhaps he needs to spend the off-season thinking more about football than maths, this time around.

Anyway, top three needs -

1. Corner
2. Edge rusher
3. O-line

Of course, I expect the Ravens will probably draft another D-line guy who slips a little, with one of their first two picks. Yay.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Danand wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:

1. CB
2. C
3. S
4. EDGE
5. WR

Well it seems we are often satisfied with giving our fringe players on the offensive line a chance until we figure out it won't hold, and we draft players like Osemele in the 2. round and Stanley in the 1. round. Wesley and Nembot at least have the physical skillset to potentially be good players, while Hurst already has proved he doesn't cut it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: