Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Team Needs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mike23md

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:22 pm    Post subject: Team Needs Reply with quote

If this has been posted before I apologize, but I am trying to get a fan base opinion of the team needs.

Just the top 3 or 4.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Team Needs Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
If this has been posted before I apologize, but I am trying to get a fan base opinion of the team needs.

Just the top 3 or 4.

Thanks.

1.LB (hoping they can find a decent FA)
Others: OG, TE, CB

Some think a play-making TE is a need. I actually don't considering our offense was fine without one.

I'm hoping Miami finds a LB and OG in FA so we can go CB and S early to build for 2018. We have some serious cap liabilities in the future (Suh & RT)and must resigns (Landry, Kiko).
Dolphinmeister

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Line Backers, At least 2 starters, 3 would be nice for depth.
2. Interior O-line, starters/depth.
3. Secondary, safety and corner depth/starter
3b.Punter, No one talks about Miami's punter but this guy is very average and never changes field position on a punt.
cddolphin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. LB

2. OG / interior OL depth

3. DE

4. S

HM: TE
mountainpd

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linebacker

Defensive End

Guard

Tight End

^^^Kempes^^^
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:
1. LB

2. OG / interior OL depth

3. DE

4. S

HM: TE

Yep. I'd put S at 2 though personally. TE and CB are equal needs.

Nacho Simulation Football League
Rgossett07

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. OLB - Kiko is the only guy on the roster that's a true starter in the NFL. Pay singer is a good depth/special teams guy. I could see Hull as a depth/ST guy as well. But Phins need 2 more starters.

2. DB depth - with so many teams using 3 WR sets, you need 3 legit cover guys. Howard and Lippett are both good development guys with big time potential. But they aren't there yet. Phins need a plan once they can rid themselves of Maxwell. McCain is bad. Really bad. Reshad Jones helps tremendously with the run. His injury should be fine coming back from next season.

3. DE - Mario Williams experiment didn't work. Wake probably has two more productive years. Dion Jordan? Who knows. Need to get younger.

4. OL - Could use a G. Juwan James has been up and down. You need to make a decision on him after next season. Albert could be gone after 2017. Time to start getting some younger guys developed in the system.

In the first two rounds, I would draft the highest rated guy on your board that's not a WR, QB, RB or TE.

TE's don't win you Super Bowls. Protecting your QB and stopping the run, which opens up your pass rush wins Super Bowls.
green4gulf

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mountainpd wrote:
Linebacker

Defensive End

Guard

Tight End

This!!!!
ericsvibe

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Dolphins beat reporters had some nuggets tonight.

#1. Dion Jordan, Mario Williams will both be cut. Williams has lost his explosiveness. Jordan's knee injury was much worse than we thought. He doesn't have any speed off of the edge. Based on what team trainers said tonight, his career is pretty much done. TannaGrier will not pay Branch the 10 mil a year he will get on the open market. With Jason Jones already cut, the team will need 4 new DE's going into next season.

#2. TanneGrier want's Stills back, but not at what he is going to get on the open market. Stills could take the Dolphins deal and leave money on the table, it is up to him. He loves Miami and really wants to stay.

#3. The entire defense is going to be blown up. With the exception of Wake and Suh, every player over 30 will probably be replaced. Gase is open to changing to the 3-4, depending on what a new DC might want. Gase isn't blaming the young players on the team as they are still learning, however he doesn't have the patience to deal with veterans making mistakes. Players like Earl Mitchell, Jalani Jenkins, won't be tolerated.

#4. Don't expect much to happen with the offense. Gase wants some competition at RG, but don't expect any big time moves. The only caveat to that is Tannehill. Gase is worried that Tanny will not be the same QB he was. He will have to wear a brace going forward the rest of his career, unless he opts for surgery. Because of the delay, surgery now will mean he will miss the entire offseason. Gase may bring in a plan B at QB. Gase doesn't believe in playing rookie QB's, so if Tanny is out or doesn't recover, Moore and another vet will be battling for the starting QB job, even if the Phins draft a QB.

Updated team needs.

LB

DE

OG
Daryl

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds like a lot of guessing. First of all we wouldn't be able to transition into a 3-4 in one off season. We keep going back n forth just stick to one scheme so we can stop flipping the entire roster every couples years. Beside wake what other starters are over 30? We have one of the youngest teams in the league. I can't think of one starter over 30 besides Wake n maybe Rashad Jones. Earl Mitchell is expendable but who else Koa ? We all know that his career is over. The beat writers are smoking that good good stuff tonight it sounds like.
Emerica

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mountainpd wrote:
Linebacker

Defensive End

Guard

Tight End

Pretty much this.

If I had to rank it would look like this:

1- LB
2- TE/DE
3- DBs
4- G

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ericsvibe wrote:

#1. Dion Jordan, Mario Williams will both be cut. Williams has lost his explosiveness. Jordan's knee injury was much worse than we thought. He doesn't have any speed off of the edge. Based on what team trainers said tonight, his career is pretty much done. TannaGrier will not pay Branch the 10 mil a year he will get on the open market. With Jason Jones already cut, the team will need 4 new DE's going into next season.

#2. TanneGrier want's Stills back, but not at what he is going to get on the open market. Stills could take the Dolphins deal and leave money on the table, it is up to him. He loves Miami and really wants to stay.

#3. The entire defense is going to be blown up. With the exception of Wake and Suh, every player over 30 will probably be replaced. Gase is open to changing to the 3-4, depending on what a new DC might want. Gase isn't blaming the young players on the team as they are still learning, however he doesn't have the patience to deal with veterans making mistakes. Players like Earl Mitchell, Jalani Jenkins, won't be tolerated.

#4. Don't expect much to happen with the offense. Gase wants some competition at RG, but don't expect any big time moves. The only caveat to that is Tannehill. Gase is worried that Tanny will not be the same QB he was. He will have to wear a brace going forward the rest of his career, unless he opts for surgery. Because of the delay, surgery now will mean he will miss the entire offseason. Gase may bring in a plan B at QB. Gase doesn't believe in playing rookie QB's, so if Tanny is out or doesn't recover, Moore and another vet will be battling for the starting QB job, even if the Phins draft a QB.

Updated team needs.

LB

DE

OG

Have you spoken to Gase? Your comments seem very definite You would be better saying these are the things you would do.

The offense has to get better. Whenever you say the offense has to get better it is usually due to the offensive line and/or qb. The defense needs to decide what they will run prior to making any personnel decisions. Unless something has changed with Suh, he prefers to play in a 4-3. So unless someone is trading Suh I would imagine we will continue running the 4-3.

I am not that worried about the secondary as they will look better if the front 7 improves. IMHO all three LB positions need to be addressed.
ericsvibe

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
ericsvibe wrote:

Updated team needs.

LB

DE

OG

Have you spoken to Gase? Your comments seem very definite You would be better saying these are the things you would do.

The offense has to get better. Whenever you say the offense has to get better it is usually due to the offensive line and/or qb. The defense needs to decide what they will run prior to making any personnel decisions. Unless something has changed with Suh, he prefers to play in a 4-3. So unless someone is trading Suh I would imagine we will continue running the 4-3.

I am not that worried about the secondary as they will look better if the front 7 improves. IMHO all three LB positions need to be addressed.

I'm not going to defend the beat reporters, I don't know who they have talked to. Their job is to dig up info, I'm just commenting here on what they have said. As I said last year, I like to discuss the what if's during the offseason. It would be really boring to only comment on things after they happen. All of the newspapers now are subscription only, and I know allot of fans don't pay for a subscription, so I'm just passing on the info.

Armando talked to one of the Dolphins trainers and got the info on Dion Jordan, and how much the Dolphins brain trust is doubting that Tannehill will be able to return with a brace and keep playing like nothing has happened.

Stills himself made the comment that he feels that for the first time in his career, Miami is home to him. He had some serious problems with players in the Saints locker room. I'm not going to go into details, but the info is out there. Stills agent made the statement that Pierre Garcon got 8 million a year average last season, and that is his target for Stills.

Branch talked to Armando personally, and made the statement that he expects to be "PAID" this offseason, but he is open to returning to Miami for the market rate.

As for the 3-4, I don't really care what formation is run. Gase being open to changes is a good thing in my opinion. What ever he wants, I'm good with it. As was said in another thread, it is the players that make the system, not the other way around.

I'm going to post what I would do in another thread.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: