Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

This Ain't Vikings Talk II - MN Sports Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 42, 43, 44  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Klomp

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a pretty cool video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5_WgSTyqHo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was at the Royals-Twins game yesterday at the K. Maybe I'm just getting too old, but I found their effort awfully disappointing. It wasn't just their performance, it was their effort. I found them awfully lackadaisical.

I was sitting just behind the right field pole, and I think I saw Robbie Grossman spend more time checking his cell phone than being engaged in the game on the field.

Thx to Lil Uno!
The Gnat

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
I was at the Royals-Twins game yesterday at the K. Maybe I'm just getting too old, but I found their effort awfully disappointing. It wasn't just their performance, it was their effort. I found them awfully lackadaisical.

I was sitting just behind the right field pole, and I think I saw Robbie Grossman spend more time checking his cell phone than being engaged in the game on the field.

He was play RF yesterday? He was actually checking a cheat sheet to know where to position himself for the various batters.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Gnat wrote:
disaacs wrote:

He was play RF yesterday? He was actually checking a cheat sheet to know where to position himself for the various batters.

I did see him pull out a white piece of paper a few times, so that makes some sense, but there were other times it looked like he pulled his cell phone out of his back pocket and was swiping stuff (or checking to see if someone had called him. Laughing) I think that was partially the reason why he got the late jump on the ball that he dropped.

But, there were other players that I thought were playing pretty hard, but it seemed to be inconsistent. I loved the aggressive play from Sano, even though he got thrown out and I did like Buxton's play...but there were a few players out there (with Grossman being the most obvious from my vantage point) that seemed to be dogging it.

Again, I may just be too critical, because I grew up watching teams that were fundamentally pretty sound and scratched and clawed their ways to WS titles.

Thx to Lil Uno!
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kirill Kaprizov resigning in Russia is a gut punch. Looks like he will be there 4 more years.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
Kirill Kaprizov resigning in Russia is a gut punch. Looks like he will be there 4 more years.

So are the Wild even a playoff team next season? Do they have money to sign anyone that can help this club?
vikesfan89

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
The Gnat wrote:
disaacs wrote:

I did see him pull out a white piece of paper a few times, so that makes some sense, but there were other times it looked like he pulled his cell phone out of his back pocket and was swiping stuff (or checking to see if someone had called him. Laughing) I think that was partially the reason why he got the late jump on the ball that he dropped.

But, there were other players that I thought were playing pretty hard, but it seemed to be inconsistent. I loved the aggressive play from Sano, even though he got thrown out and I did like Buxton's play...but there were a few players out there (with Grossman being the most obvious from my vantage point) that seemed to be dogging it.

Again, I may just be too critical, because I grew up watching teams that were fundamentally pretty sound and scratched and clawed their ways to WS titles.

I'm not saying it didn't happen, but I have a hard time seeing some one checking their phone in the outfield. Who knows, maybe its electronic scouting report thats always updating Smile
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TENINCH wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:

So are the Wild even a playoff team next season? Do they have money to sign anyone that can help this club?
I don't know. It's going to be tough sledding for the Wild. Chicago is still Chicago. Dallas made a hell of a push to be good this year. Nashville was just 2 games away from being champions. Jake Allen was like the best goalie in the NHL the 2nd half of last year. Winnipeg has a lot of talent and upgraded at goalie. Wild have done nothing to get better this year IMO.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chicago actually got markedly worse, in my opinion

Shaw vs Panarin is a loss for Chicago
Hjalmarsson vs Murphy is a loss for Chicago (at least at first; he's much younger)
Bringing back Patrick Sharp makes them slower
No Marian Hossa

Dallas definitely attacked their deficiencies hard, but it is a Ken Hitchcock coached team now. Nashville is going to be very tough, and the Blues will be good.

The Wild are still very much a playoff caliber team, and in the NHL that's all the matters.

-----

On Kaprizov, he hasn't officially signed anything. He's said that much himself in an interview yesterday. This is what they do in Russia, they put a lot of external media pressure on their players to try and get them to stay. Kaprizov has said he's dreamed of being an NHL player, and the KHL isn't exactly known to reliably pay their players. I still think there is a decent chance he ends up here next year.

2017 Aggregate Draft Board
JDBrocks

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only one I would disagree with you on is Saad vs Panarin. Panarin is older than Saad, costs the same, and hasn't performed in the playoffs. I'd say it's mostly a wash, except Saad is under contract for longer.

Josh Ritter wrote:
I became a thin blue wire, that held the world above the fire
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking in terms of the power play. Saad v Panarin even strength is pretty much a wash I would agree, but Panarin is better with the man advantage, IMO.

2017 Aggregate Draft Board
VikeManDan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Nino and Granlund reach their arbitration hearings would those deals be for 1 year and then they are RFA's again next off-season? From the little I've read that is what it sounds like to me.

"My purpose will not be denied."
- Teddy Bridgewater 9/1/16
TENINCH

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolves are going to be a lot of fun to watch this season.
The Gnat

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twins won again! There are some really good parts of the pen right now with Duffey, Rogers, and Kintzler, now if other pieces were as good that would be nice.

Beating the Yankees is always worth celebrating, and to have Judge do nothing was a lot of fun.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Gnat wrote:
Twins won again! There are some really good parts of the pen right now with Duffey, Rogers, and Kintzler, now if other pieces were as good that would be nice.

Beating the Yankees is always worth celebrating, and to have Judge do nothing was a lot of fun.

Judge is in a huge slump right now. I pity the pitcher he faces the day he breaks out of it. and yes, it is always good to beat the Yankees

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 43 of 44

Jump to: