You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

This Ain't Vikings Talk II - MN Sports Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 42, 43, 44  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wcblack34

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a top flight defender in that draft that Tom Thibodeau could surprise everyone with? It seems to me that the Wolves could use a stopper on the defensive end more than another shooter at the offensive end.

“Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.”
disaacs

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wcblack34 wrote:
Is there a top flight defender in that draft that Tom Thibodeau could surprise everyone with? It seems to me that the Wolves could use a stopper on the defensive end more than another shooter at the offensive end.

Jonathan Isaac. He probably has the highest ceiling defensively in the draft. Of course, he's rather raw, but he would fit in well with KAT and Wiggins in the frontcourt.

Thx to Lil Uno!
Boda

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wcblack34 wrote:

OG Anunoby who probably would go higher than he's going to be drafted if he didn't get hurt
Heimdallr

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wcblack34 wrote:

Zach Collins from Gonzaga was the guy that PA was talking about today. Shot blocker.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boda wrote:
wcblack34 wrote:

OG Anunoby who probably would go higher than he's going to be drafted if he didn't get hurt

Anunoby could be categorized as a surprise. I'd throw Ike Anigbogu or Jarrett Allen in there too.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
Boda wrote:
wcblack34 wrote:

Anunoby could be categorized as a surprise. I'd throw Ike Anigbogu or Jarrett Allen in there too.

I like Jarrett Allen, I was talking about him around a month ago if they decided to go with a big. Also helps him being a Longhorn and all Cool
disaacs

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heimdallr wrote:
wcblack34 wrote:

Zach Collins from Gonzaga was the guy that PA was talking about today. Shot blocker.

I just read up on him. I would be disappointed if they took him. He was the backup center, playing limited minutes, in a small conference. No thanks. He should have stayed in school.

Thx to Lil Uno!
disaacs

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boda wrote:
Klomp wrote:
Boda wrote:
wcblack34 wrote:

I like Jarrett Allen, I was talking about him around a month ago if they decided to go with a big. Also helps him being a Longhorn and all Cool

I'd be okay with him...I'd rather see them take Isaac, since he's a better fit athletically with the current group than Allen would be, but he's okay. He may eventually be a solid role player, but that's as much as I'd expect.

Thx to Lil Uno!
Worm Guts

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
Heimdallr wrote:
wcblack34 wrote:

I just read up on him. I would be disappointed if they took him. He was the backup center, playing limited minutes, in a small conference. No thanks. He should have stayed in school.

He's going to be a lottery pick, so he probably made the right decision entering the draft, especially if you think more minutes would expose him.
disaacs

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worm Guts wrote:
He's going to be a lottery pick, so he probably made the right decision entering the draft, especially if you think more minutes would expose him.

I understand the reasoning...but it's also one of the reasons I hate the rule. I think it should be changed to something more similar to what the MLB has. You either can come out as a HS player, or if you go to college, you have to stay for 2 years. The 1 year stuff is nonsense, as it really isn't that much of a difference from coming out as a HS player.

Thx to Lil Uno!
JDBrocks

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

9 Ks through 5 innings for Berrios. Shocked

Josh Ritter wrote:
I became a thin blue wire, that held the world above the fire
Boda

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDBrocks wrote:
9 Ks through 5 innings for Berrios. Shocked

Berrios was even more filthy than his last start. Finished with 11 K's. I don't think I've been this excited about a pitcher since Johan Santana.
Boda

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
Boda wrote:
Klomp wrote:
Boda wrote:
wcblack34 wrote:

I'd be okay with him...I'd rather see them take Isaac, since he's a better fit athletically with the current group than Allen would be, but he's okay. He may eventually be a solid role player, but that's as much as I'd expect.

I'd also rather have Isaac but I think Allen is going to be better than a solid role player, I think that's probably his floor. What I see is a Tyson Chandler/ Joakim Noah type of player but a little better offensively.
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not much of a baseball guy, but this Twins team is FUN!!! A lot of youth, a lot of rare/exciting skillsets, they are energetic and winning!

Also, it's time to get hockey the hell out of Anaheim. What a pathetic showing. A team in the WCF and they don't give a rip. Minnesota might as well have a 2nd team.

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
I'm not much of a baseball guy, but this Twins team is FUN!!! A lot of youth, a lot of rare/exciting skillsets, they are energetic and winning!

Sure is!

I've barely watched baseball the previous 3-4 years, but I've watched at least part of most of the games this year. And now it looks like we may have two aces in the rotation, something that's sorely needed.

If it keeps up, we may be buyers at the trade deadline!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 31 of 44

Jump to: