Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

This Ain't Vikings Talk II - MN Sports Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31, 32  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wcblack34

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
TENINCH wrote:
Draft Lottery is tomorrow night for those interested in seeing where the Wolves will be picking.

They'll probably be picking exactly where they are slotted to pick...#6.

Who are the big prizes this year? What's the Wolves' best scenario?

“Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.”
disaacs

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wcblack34 wrote:
disaacs wrote:
TENINCH wrote:
Draft Lottery is tomorrow night for those interested in seeing where the Wolves will be picking.

I haven't done a whole lot of research, since the NBA Draft is always such a crapshoot because the players are so young, but it looks like it's heavy on PGs at the top of the draft with Markelle Fultz, Lonzo Ball, and De'Aaron Fox.

Of course, even if the Wolves were to pick in the top 3, they wouldn't draft any of them, because the last thing they need is another PG. That would leave their options for front court players such as Josh Jackson (Kansas), Jonathan Isaac (FSU) or Jayson Tatum (Duke). I actually think their best move would be to trade out.

Thx to Lil Uno!
Boda

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
wcblack34 wrote:
disaacs wrote:
TENINCH wrote:

I haven't done a whole lot of research, since the NBA Draft is always such a crapshoot because the players are so young, but it looks like it's heavy on PGs at the top of the draft with Markelle Fultz, Lonzo Ball, and De'Aaron Fox.

Of course, even if the Wolves were to pick in the top 3, they wouldn't draft any of them, because the last thing they need is another PG. That would leave their options for front court players such as Josh Jackson (Kansas), Jonathan Isaac (FSU) or Jayson Tatum (Duke). I actually think their best move would be to trade out.

I'm taking Josh Jackson reguardless. He's my top target followed by Fultz, Tatum and then Isaac. I would take Ball before Isaac though as I think if thats who you want you could trade Ball for him and still pick up an additional asset
Boda

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
TENINCH wrote:

Hush your mouth Cool We want in the top 3 but preferably top 2
Snake Plissken

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boda wrote:
disaacs wrote:
wcblack34 wrote:
disaacs wrote:
TENINCH wrote:

I'm taking Josh Jackson reguardless. He's my top target followed by Fultz, Tatum and then Isaac. I would take Ball before Isaac though as I think if thats who you want you could trade Ball for him and still pick up an additional asset

Ideally I would also take Josh Jackson , but he will likely be gone unless we are top 3. Best somewhat realistic right now would be Jayson Tatum. If we stay in the 5-7 range where we will likely be potential picks are Jonathon Isaac, Lauri Markkonen, and Malik Monk. Point guards going early and often would be good for us.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boda wrote:
disaacs wrote:
TENINCH wrote:

Hush your mouth Cool We want in the top 3 but preferably top 2

He can hush his mouth all you want, but the Wolves have NEVER moved up in the draft. We've either stayed at our slot or moved down.

2017 Aggregate Draft Board
Klomp

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
He can hush his mouth all you want, but the Wolves have NEVER moved up in the draft. We've either stayed at our slot or moved down.

Hush your mouth! Laughing That just means we're due....

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:

They were due in 1992...yet, they ended up with Christian Laettner. In 2007, they were still due...and ended up with Corey Brewer instead of Kevin Durant. And I won't even talk about Ricky Rubio and Jonny Flynn instead of...

I ran the ChaD Ford Lottery about 50 times and I think the Wolves got a top-3 pick about 10% of the time (1 time they actually got the #1 pick and would take Fultz). More often than that, they fell to 7 or 8.

Thx to Lil Uno!
Snake Plissken

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
Klomp wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:

They were due in 1992...yet, they ended up with Christian Laettner. In 2007, they were still due...and ended up with Corey Brewer instead of Kevin Durant. And I won't even talk about Ricky Rubio and Jonny Flynn instead of...

I ran the ChaD Ford Lottery about 50 times and I think the Wolves got a top-3 pick about 10% of the time (1 time they actually got the #1 pick and would take Fultz). More often than that, they fell to 7 or 8.

Saw on ESPN we something like a 5.3% chance of getting the first pick. The Knicks also had the same odds.

Didn't we move up the year we got KAT?
Boda

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snake Plissken wrote:
Boda wrote:
disaacs wrote:
wcblack34 wrote:
disaacs wrote:
TENINCH wrote:

Ideally I would also take Josh Jackson , but he will likely be gone unless we are top 3. Best somewhat realistic right now would be Jayson Tatum. If we stay in the 5-7 range where we will likely be potential picks are Jonathon Isaac, Lauri Markkonen, and Malik Monk. Point guards going early and often would be good for us.

I'm not disagreeing at all. I just listed the order I'd take my top 4 guys
Boda

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:

Exactly, just like 2yrs ago we never stayed at pick 1 even when we had the worst record
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snake Plissken wrote:

No; we had the best odds to land the #1 pick that year.

2017 Aggregate Draft Board
Snake Plissken

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boda wrote:
Snake Plissken wrote:
Boda wrote:
disaacs wrote:
wcblack34 wrote:
disaacs wrote:
TENINCH wrote:

I'm not disagreeing at all. I just listed the order I'd take my top 4 guys

I was disagreeing either, but just piggybacking on the earlier scenario question. Think they would have any interest in Monk? It seems like outside shooting is a need.
Snake Plissken

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
Snake Plissken wrote:

No; we had the best odds to land the #1 pick that year.

Thanks. For some reason I thought it was the Sixers. Maybe it was just KAT vs Okafor at 1 and 2.
cckoonie

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love seeing my friend there with Wiggins. Never thought someone from my graduating class of 28 would be hanging out at the draft lottery.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 30 of 32

Jump to: