You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

This Ain't Vikings Talk II - MN Sports Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 42, 43, 44  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Heimdallr

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heck of a game tonight for the Loons. Total inside job by the ref to take away the win, but getting a draw on the road against a good team is always nice.

Great effort from everyone, and the best game they played so far. Also just a fun game to watch; lots of good chances on both sides.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wild are soft.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
Wild are soft.

Understaremnt

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikko must mean Milk Carton in Finnish.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Find a way to dump Pominville and Suter.

Re-sign Granny and Nino

Sign Ben Bishop.

Profit.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minnesota Sports Rolling Eyes

“Once you’ve wrestled, everything else in life is easy.”
-Dan Gable
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:

Re-sign Granny and Nino

Sign Ben Bishop.

Profit.

Impossible

2017 Aggregate Draft Board
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:

Re-sign Granny and Nino

Sign Ben Bishop.

Profit.

Impossible
Yeah, a team with more money will be able to land him unless he wants to take a massive pay cut to play for us. Still think we need to dump salary. Trade away picks to get rid of Pominville and Suter, possibly Parise.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gopherwrestler wrote:
I keep trying to come to grips with the fact that I'll be 6 feet under ground before the Wild win a Cup

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:

Re-sign Granny and Nino

Sign Ben Bishop.

Profit.

I'm all for that. Be nice to find a way to free up some salary...stupid no move/trade clauses.

"My purpose will not be denied."
- Teddy Bridgewater 9/1/16
disaacs

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
gopherwrestler wrote:
I keep trying to come to grips with the fact that I'll be 6 feet under ground before the Wild win a Cup

Since the North Stars never won a cup, that dream died for me a long time ago. Even if the Wild win one, it wouldn't be the same for me...now I'm just holding out hope that the Vikings win a Lombardi Trophy before I'm under ground. If that happens, nothing else matters.

Thx to Lil Uno!
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
Yeah, a team with more money will be able to land him unless he wants to take a massive pay cut to play for us. Still think we need to dump salary. Trade away picks to get rid of Pominville and Suter, possibly Parise.

Again, impossible. No team is going to trade for either of those two because of their large cap recapture penalties should they retire before the end of their contracts... which is incredibly likely.

Pominville just has a ten team no trade list he has to submit and would be much easier to move, but unless a team is trying to reach the cap floor (and those teams would probably be on his no trade list) you're right; we would have to include an asset to get rid of him.

2017 Aggregate Draft Board
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
gopherwrestler wrote:

Since the North Stars never won a cup, that dream died for me a long time ago. Even if the Wild win one, it wouldn't be the same for me...now I'm just holding out hope that the Vikings win a Lombardi Trophy before I'm under ground. If that happens, nothing else matters.
Obviously as a Packer fan I don't want the Vikings to be the team to win it, but I feel bad for my friends. People our age have never seen a championship. In a cruel way, the team that has gotten to the playoffs consistently (Wild) might be the team farthest away from winning a championship.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
disaacs wrote:

Obviously as a Packer fan I don't want the Vikings to be the team to win it, but I feel bad for my friends. People our age have never seen a championship. In a cruel way, the team that has gotten to the playoffs consistently (Wild) might be the team farthest away from winning a championship.

True...I was still in school for both of the Twins' WS victories (8th grade for the 1st, senior in HS for the 2nd)...but I still think the Wild have a better shot to win a title than the Wolves do, since it's so difficult to win at an elite level in that league. It'll take a lot for the Wolves to win one...and to get started, they need to start making the playoffs...beginning with next season.

Thx to Lil Uno!
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
disaacs wrote:

True...I was still in school for both of the Twins' WS victories (8th grade for the 1st, senior in HS for the 2nd)...but I still think the Wild have a better shot to win a title than the Wolves do, since it's so difficult to win at an elite level in that league. It'll take a lot for the Wolves to win one...and to get started, they need to start making the playoffs...beginning with next season.
You gotta be getting close to 40 right? I'll be 27 this year and I was about 9-10 months old when the Twins won in 91. I truly believe that the Wild won't win one until they are rid of Suter, Pominville, Parise and Koivu. Going to be a while. Fletcher has made a bunch of good moves but also his mistakes have been catastrophic.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 24 of 44

Jump to: