Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

This Ain't Vikings Talk II - MN Sports Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 39, 40, 41  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PrplChilPill

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heimdallr wrote:
Not a great result tonight. I knew the first half of the season is going to be rough until the team has time to gel and we can bring in a DP or two in the summer window.

I don't really understand why Heath played Venegas as a the striker in a 4-3-3 when all during preseason he was the CAM in a 4-2-3-1. He is definitely better in the supporting role when he can play off of a striker. Ramirez definitely needs to start next game with Venegas behind him.

We desperately need Thiesson to get his visa paperwork sorted out and get here too; the defense was rough.

I almost went to the game, but the prices were high and it was POURING.
disaacs

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gopherwrestler wrote:
Darren Wolfson‏ @DWolfsonKSTP
Told Antoine Winfield Jr. not able to practice today for #Gophers because the woman is appealing the panel decision rendered on him

Rolling Eyes

My thoughts exactly. I feel some sympathy for her, but I think it's best now that she move on, as she had "supposedly" done so several months ago.

Thx to Lil Uno!
SemperFeist

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this point, it just sounds like she's positioning herself for a cash settlement from the University.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Charlie Coyle,

You make me want to gouge my eyes. Some day I might actually do it to spare myself from watching you "play hockey". How somebody with your skill can be so completely useless for such a long period of time is utterly amazing. It is truly impressive how little you score compared to the skill set and size you possess. At least you make up your lack of scoring by giving minimal effort. Must be a trait that you acquired from Thomas Vanek.

- Signed, #1 Charlie Coyle truther guy.

There, now that I have that out of the way, watch him go on a 10 game goal scoring streak and be our best player.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:

There, now that I have that out of the way, watch him go on a 10 game goal scoring streak and be our best player.

Pray

“Once you’ve wrestled, everything else in life is easy.”
-Dan Gable
The Gnat

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

T-Wolves got a very nice win and got a really nice output from the KAT and Wiggins, I caught a lot of the game. I think that with them almost losing the lead, I thought they were going to lose for sure, but they dominated for large chunks of the second half again.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Gnat wrote:
T-Wolves got a very nice win and got a really nice output from the KAT and Wiggins, I caught a lot of the game. I think that with them almost losing the lead, I thought they were going to lose for sure, but they dominated for large chunks of the second half again.
Really feels like this team/franchise is turning the corner. Also, call me crazy, but if the Warriors don't have Durant for the 1st round of the playoffs they won't want to see the Timberwolves.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Wild are a Minnesota team if I've ever seen one. And as a Minnesota sports fan (for most teams) I mean that in the most disrespectful way possible.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
The Wild are a Minnesota team if I've ever seen one. And as a Minnesota sports fan (for most teams) I mean that in the most disrespectful way possible.

They still don't feel like they are ready to compete with the elite hockey clubs
gopherwrestler

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marquee win for the Gophers Men's Basketball beating Michigan State in the Big Ten Tourney.
What a difference a year can make.

“Once you’ve wrestled, everything else in life is easy.”
-Dan Gable
disaacs

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Gophers' mens BB team just beat Izzo's squad in the game today...face Michigan tomorrow.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/game?gameId=400945801

Thx to Lil Uno!
Klomp

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
The Gophers' mens BB team just beat Izzo's squad in the game today...face Michigan tomorrow.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/game?gameId=400945801

Very glad about that upset. Though I guess we did go to OT against both teams.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TENINCH wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:

They still don't feel like they are ready to compete with the elite hockey clubs
This team is going to make me pull my hair out. Scandella is twice warmed up dog feces. Coyle couldn't score if he was at the Xcel right now, we can't get decent elevation on our shots, not playing discipline defensive hockey, Dubs let in a softy or 2. This team is driving me to drink.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
TENINCH wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:

This team is going to make me pull my hair out. Scandella is twice warmed up dog feces. Coyle couldn't score if he was at the Xcel right now, we can't get decent elevation on our shots, not playing discipline defensive hockey, Dubs let in a softy or 2. This team is driving me to drink.
All you have to do is rip the hell out of them and then they respond Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomorrow is the inaugural MLS home opener at TCF. They are expecting 35k-40k people so it should be a great atmosphere. The pregame party is at Surly (who are launching a new MLS-inspired beer) and then there will be a march to the stadium about an hour before the game.

They are forecasting 1-3 inches of snow tomorrow, so it should be really fun. There is nothing more Minnesotan than soccer in the snow. Luckily we have some Finnish, Norwegian, Swedish, Danish, Swiss, Minnesotan, Wisconsin and Michigan players, so they are used to the cold.

We are playing Atlanta who only have one player from Michigan, and nobody else from anywhere colder than German, so they are going to struggle.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 39, 40, 41  Next
Page 15 of 41

Jump to: