You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

This Ain't Vikings Talk II - MN Sports Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SemperFeist

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
Heimdallr wrote:
It is impossible for me to get excited about the Wolves when there is no chance for any team other than the Cavs or Warriors to win a title in the foreseeable future.

Not even worried about winning a title at this point. How about just ending the NBA-record playoff drought for starters....

Exactly

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed with the impossible to be excited, or all that excited. Really as long as the Cavs and Warriors teams are together, how excited can any other team really be in the NBA. I have fingers crossed we make the playoffs this year for the Wolves. At least the move helps with considerably with that.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDBrocks wrote:
I am a Bulls fan. Markkanen, Dunn, and Lavine for Butler and the Creighton dude. What a waste.

I will definitely be rooting for the TWolves now though. Thibs is my favorite, and it's hard not to like Jimmy.

I think the thing that sucks most for Bulls fans is that Butler still has a couple of years left on his deal. That said, it all depends on Lavine in my opinion. I think Dunn can be a decent guard in the NBA, but Lavine can potentially be a special scorer in the NBA. I think had the Bulls not included 16 in the deal, it looks a bit better for them.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SemperFeist wrote:
Klomp wrote:
Heimdallr wrote:
It is impossible for me to get excited about the Wolves when there is no chance for any team other than the Cavs or Warriors to win a title in the foreseeable future.

Not even worried about winning a title at this point. How about just ending the NBA-record playoff drought for starters....

Exactly

I'm okay with just ending the playoff drought now...but if they pull a Garnett-era exiting the first round for 3-4 years in a row, then I, and others will check out pretty quickly, as we've seen that movie before.

Thx to Lil Uno!
wcblack34

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
SemperFeist wrote:
Klomp wrote:
Heimdallr wrote:

Exactly

I'm okay with just ending the playoff drought now...but if they pull a Garnett-era exiting the first round for 3-4 years in a row, then I, and others will check out pretty quickly, as we've seen that movie before.

I think this team is far more complete and talented than any that Garnett was a part of. (On paper)

Butler, Towns, and Wiggins are a very formidable trio. Especially if Wiggins develops consistency.

If (and it's a big "if") Rubio can play at the level he played at the last half of the season, they could really give a lot of teams fits.

They've now got the veteran presence they were looking for. Just stoked that they didn't have to give up Wiggins to get it done.

“Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.”
JDBrocks

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Gnat wrote:
JDBrocks wrote:
I am a Bulls fan. Markkanen, Dunn, and Lavine for Butler and the Creighton dude. What a waste.

I will definitely be rooting for the TWolves now though. Thibs is my favorite, and it's hard not to like Jimmy.

I think the thing that sucks most for Bulls fans is that Butler still has a couple of years left on his deal. That said, it all depends on Lavine in my opinion. I think Dunn can be a decent guard in the NBA, but Lavine can potentially be a special scorer in the NBA. I think had the Bulls not included 16 in the deal, it looks a bit better for them.

Including 16 and taking Markkanen were bad moves IMO. Maybe Dunn takes a big step and makes this more palatable, but look at it from a fan's perspective. They are going to trot out:

Rondo
Wade
Mirotic
Portis
Lopez

as the starting 5. again. So they traded away their best player, came away with no blue chip prospect, and a couple of guys that are question marks at best. My only hope now is that this leads to GarPax getting fired and new leadership taking a direction. The sad thing is that this team will still probably compete for the 8 seed and JR will keep giving them passes. 1 ECF in 14 years under this front office. With players like Rose, Noah, and Butler.

Anyhow, go TWolves Laughing It will be a treat getting to watch Wiggins, KAT, and Buckets run together.

Josh Ritter wrote:
I became a thin blue wire, that held the world above the fire
Klomp

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDBrocks wrote:
Including 16 and taking Markkanen were bad moves IMO.

Yup, to me that combination turned the trade from an okay value for the Wolves to borderline highway robbery.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDBrocks wrote:
The Gnat wrote:
JDBrocks wrote:

Including 16 and taking Markkanen were bad moves IMO. Maybe Dunn takes a big step and makes this more palatable, but look at it from a fan's perspective. They are going to trot out:

Rondo
Wade
Mirotic
Portis
Lopez

as the starting 5. again.

I'm not so sure that's the staring 5, once you trade Butler, I'm not sure you keep Rondo or Wade around. Although I don't what exactly their options are there.
Klomp

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worm Guts wrote:
I'm not so sure that's the staring 5, once you trade Butler, I'm not sure you keep Rondo or Wade around. Although I don't what exactly their options are there.

Wade announced yesterday he's picking up his player option.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:

Wade announced yesterday he's picking up his player option.

Yes, I know. He still doesn't make sense on the Bulls anymore. Maybe they look to trade him or buy him out.
JDBrocks

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worm Guts wrote:
JDBrocks wrote:
The Gnat wrote:
JDBrocks wrote:

Rondo
Wade
Mirotic
Portis
Lopez

as the starting 5. again.

They may let Mirotic go in FA, but you can bank on Wade and Rondo being the starting back court. They could decline the option and absorb a 3m dead cap hit. I think that would be a bad decision. I think they play into the trade deadline, ship off Wade and Rondo at the deadline and make a run for Michael Porter Laughing

Josh Ritter wrote:
I became a thin blue wire, that held the world above the fire
husker_vikes3

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin Patton needs more time to develop, but he's going to be fun.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

husker_vikes3 wrote:

Yup, I'm VERY excited about him. Probably won't show it for a couple years, but that's fine. Will allow us to use Dieng as a trade piece down the road. I think they have very similar skill sets, with Patton having even higher upside.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
husker_vikes3 wrote:

Yup, I'm VERY excited about him. Probably won't show it for a couple years, but that's fine. Will allow us to use Dieng as a trade piece down the road. I think they have very similar skill sets, with Patton having even higher upside.

Watched him a lot with Creighton. He's very, very raw but he's already made fantastic strides in the last three years. If he had stayed in school another year, he would have been a top-five lock. This is a great landing spot for him though, because he's not needed right away.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So when is Butler getting introduced to the Minnesota media?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 40 of 44

Jump to: