You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lets get "Offensive" mock draft

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
big poppa pump

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:38 am    Post subject: Lets get "Offensive" mock draft Reply with quote

This is purely for fun, and while the picks may seem unreasonable because it excludes any defensive players, I tried to pick guys where I thought they could be realistically drafted. Anyways...go ahead and tear it apart... Laughing

Browns resign Pryor
Sign Zeitler and Tyrod Taylor

1. Trade down with Jets (who want a QB) We get pick 6 and 38 and a first and second next year

6. Mike Williams WR the best wideout in this draft and a true No. 1
12. Dalvin Cook RB- He and Fournette are the cream of the crop, and although Crow has been nice...this is an upgrade
33 OJ Howard...alright he may not last, but you never know
38 Garett Bolles RT...He and Zeitler may be able to put a lil nasty into the right side of our O-line
52 Dede Westbrook WR Oh look...another weapon for Tyrod...you can never have too many
65 Ethan Pocic C Maybe getting one of the top (if not the best) Center in the draft will finally fix the problem

Defense next year...lol

BIG UPS TO REG....DA MAN
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's to tear apart?

Browns go all offense in the most defense heavy draft I can remember.

I'd expect nothing less lol.
DaWg_LB.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if you took those picks......with the extra 3rd day picks we have....I think we could STILL add some defensive players...(Boom or bust types, lower level schools, or top notch talent with "Problems" i.e. Josh Gordon)...

Second Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
big poppa pump

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaWg_LB. wrote:
Even if you took those picks......with the extra 3rd day picks we have....I think we could STILL add some defensive players...(Boom or bust types, lower level schools, or top notch talent with "Problems" i.e. Josh Gordon)...

For sure....It would be fun to see the new toys we had on O. Some of those cats may not end up working out, but I am fairly certain that the O would be DRAMATICALLY improved.

And you are absolutely correct. We could find a couple diamonds on D from the 4th round on.

BIG UPS TO REG....DA MAN
DaWg_LB.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big poppa pump wrote:
DaWg_LB. wrote:

For sure....It would be fun to see the new toys we had on O. Some of those cats may not end up working out, but I am fairly certain that the O would be DRAMATICALLY improved.

And you are absolutely correct. We could find a couple diamonds on D from the 4th round on.

When I get into the office tomorrow....I'm going to see if I could take the 2nd half of your draft and call it...."Defensive 3rd day" LOL

Thomas5737

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we sign Taylor he bring some instant offense and I think role players with special traits would work about as well as the highly drafted guys. Get guys who can work in space and guys who are deep threats. Our running backs would be fine with the additional threat of Taylor. I would probably invest in offensive line before play makers.

I'd say if we add Taylor we should build up the defense. Sign Pryor, add a real good possession guy assuming we don't keep Gordon (not that he is a possession guy but we wouldn't need one with him actually playing) and solidify the offensive line. Then go defense heavy.

If we keep Kessler as our starter then all of the weapons on offense make sense. He is a QB who can get the ball to the play makers and let them do their thing. Taylor is more of a specialty QB, he can throw the deep ball and use his legs to extend drives but he probably isn't the best game manager which can make full use of those toys.
DaWg_LB.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:30 am    Post subject: Re: Lets get "Offensive" mock draft Reply with quote

big poppa pump wrote:

1. Trade down with Jets (who want a QB) We get pick 6 and 38 and a first and second next year

12. Dalvin Cook RB- He and Fournette are the cream of the crop, and although Crow has been nice...this is an upgrade
38 Garett Bolles RT...He and Zeitler may be able to put a lil nasty into the right side of our O-line
52 Dede Westbrook WR Oh look...another weapon for Tyrod...you can never have too many
65 Ethan Pocic C Maybe getting one of the top (if not the best) Center in the draft will finally fix the problem

Defensive 3rd day....we we get Defensive.

4th (Comp) Damontae Kazee, CB, San Diego State
Height: 5-11. Weight: 185

5th Haason Reddick, OLB, Temple
Height: 6-1. Weight: 230

5th (NE) Lorenzo Jerome, S, St. Francis
Height: 6-0. Weight: 195.

5th (Comp)Keionta Davis, DE, UT-Chattanooga
Height: 6-4. Weight: 270

6th Brendan Langley, CB, Lamar
Height: 6-1. Weight: 190.

7th (Indy) Austin Rehkow, P, Idaho
Height: 6-3. Weight: 215.

ditchdigger

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That better be a 36 point per game offense to make up for the 35 point per game defense.
Mind Character

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:33 am    Post subject: Re: Lets get "Offensive" mock draft Reply with quote

DaWg_LB. wrote:
big poppa pump wrote:

Dawg...what's your take on Lorenzo Jerome. He's the one smaller school guy that I haven't got the chance to really assess except for a few grainy highlight vids. Is he a rangier ball hawk type, or in the box SS guy? You were up on Hassan Reddick and maybe Forrest Lamp before anyone even before I joined the board if my memory serves me correct (unless I'm thinking of another poster). Good call.

Also, your comments about louisiana tech's Jaylon Ferguson made me watch his reel of sacks. It will be harold landry, ferguson, and arden key making elite edge rush noise in the draft talk next year.
(5/22/17) '18 QB1s: 1. Sam Darnold, 2. Luke Falk, 3. Josh Allen, 4. Josh Rosen, 5. Riley Ferguson, 6. Baker Mayfield / FS1s: 1. Armani Watts, 2. Godwin Igwebuike, 3. Jordan Whitehead / SS1: 1. Derwin James / CB1s: 1.T. McFadden, 2. M. Fitzpatrick
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MSURacerDT55

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:51 am    Post subject: Re: Lets get "Offensive" mock draft Reply with quote

DaWg_LB. wrote:
big poppa pump wrote:

Getting Riddick in the 5th would be the biggest steal in the 2017 Draft
DaWg_LB.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Lets get "Offensive" mock draft Reply with quote

Mind Character wrote:
Dawg...what's your take on Lorenzo Jerome. He's the one smaller school guy that I haven't got the chance to really assess except for a few grainy highlight vids. Is he a rangier ball hawk type, or in the box SS guy? You were up on Hassan Reddick and maybe Forrest Lamp before anyone even before I joined the board if my memory serves me correct (unless I'm thinking of another poster). Good call.

Also, your comments about louisiana tech's Jaylon Ferguson made me watch his reel of sacks. It will be harold landry, ferguson, and arden key making elite edge rush noise in the draft talk next year.

I found this kid when I was scouting Tanoh Kpassagnon from Vilinova...they played St. Francis in the first round of the FCS playoffs...T.K had 3 sacks and 4-5 pressures that day...L.J. has a little knack to be around the football kinda reminds me from that aspect of Kevin Byard ('16 Middle Tenn) and the Kid from BYU this year.....but L.J. is definatly a center fielder type......from the one game I saw + Highlights he's a poor mans Marcus Williams ('17 Utah)....but he's defintyl more of a Center Fielder then down and dirty in the box guy....but he WILL tackle...he's a "willing tackler" but he wont be confused with Bob Sanders...

Thanks for the Props....I did say the Jaylon Furgeson kid....in my futures post....I'll PM you my list of cats that will be making noise next year....
Reddick and Lamp were KamT's was the first to talk about them....I knew about Reddick (My Brother was on Baseball Scholarship there) but I knew nothing about Forest Lamp.....so I gotta give props where props is due Cool

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: