You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My one & only Official Mock

 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Ruins1984


Joined: 16 Jan 2007
Posts: 348
Location: Akron, OH
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:10 am    Post subject: My one & only Official Mock Reply with quote

First, I preface my mock by reminding everyone of the $100 Mill bucks of cap-space we're working with. Some negative folks will attack my free agent signings, saying Browns suck, we'll never get them. To that I say, Money talks! Moving on, my FA's are young and can grow with our core. I wouldn't even look at a guy over 27. And finally, please keep in mind, you can't fix every problem on a 1-15 team in one off-season.
Resign:
Jamie Collins
Terrell Pryor
FA:
CB: Trumaine Johnson 27 - played under Williams last year
S: Tony Jefferson 25 - Just scratching the surface of his potential
OG: Andrew Norwell 25 - Ohio kid, combine w/ Bitonio-strong G tandem
DT: Dominique Easley 25- Good interior rusher, William's guy, tons upside
QB: Tyrod Taylor 27 - The Man for 1-2 seasons until a QB takes his spot
Draft:
I'm not gonna write up the draft like you're probably used to seeing. I'd draft 3 first round guys, using whatever trade or trades in the process. I'm not going to dig into details or specifics, cuz there are so many variables, factors, etc...
My 3 first round guys are Myles Garrett, Solomon Thomas, & Corey Davis

I'd address QB by draft a 2nd round prospect I like, Pat Mahomes, and a late round guy because of injury and off-field concerns, Chad Kelly. I just think one of these two are going to be a franchise QB. The philosophy is sorta like Washington drafting RG3 and Cousins in the same draft, and it actually paid off.

draft Pat Elflien as our center in late second or third.
draft Jake Butt, who slides because of TE depth in this draft and his injury. If you don't think he is feasible, then Adam Shaheen from Ashland. If you don't know, look him up.
And finally, draft Joe Mixon, because he falls real far, and I don't believe in ending a man's career for one transgression. Even he deserves a shot at redemption. Plus, he's a legit stud.

I think this draft is reasonable, and do-able with maneuvering. I'll leave the hard details and strategy to the pro's

To surmise, we'd be adding:
QB: Tyrod Taylor - Pat Mahomes - Chad Kelly
RB: Joe Mixon
TE: Jake Butt or Adam Shaheen
WR: Terrell Pryor(resigned) - Corey Davis
OL: Andrew Norwell - Pat Elflien
DL: Dominique Easley - Myles Garrett - Solomon Thomas
LB: Jamie Collins(resigned)
DB: Trumaine Johnson - Tony Jefferson

Now, by all means, tear it to shreds!
_________________


Last edited by Ruins1984 on Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ruins1984


Joined: 16 Jan 2007
Posts: 348
Location: Akron, OH
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a couple of years I'd hope the core of the team would be:
Mahomes a franchise QB with a rocket arm
Lots of 3 WR and TE looks with Davis and Pryor on the outside and Coleman tearing it up underneath. Butt and Devalve at TE.
Joe Mixon being an all-purpose speed demon
Interior O-line Bitonio or Drango, Elflien, and Norwell
And a dominant DL with Garrett, Thomas, Ogbah, Shelton, and Nassib
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ohiogenius


Joined: 11 Jul 2008
Posts: 5745
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it

Just wondering how we get Garrett Thomas and Davis

I think Corey Davis goes in the first unless he poops the bed at the combine
_________________
BwickBrownie wrote:
cortes02 wrote:
Would JPP fit in the 3-4??

Peace!!!

If you're referring to fingers on his glove, the answer is yes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NudeTayne


Joined: 12 Apr 2016
Posts: 429
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:42 am    Post subject: Re: My one & only Official Mock Reply with quote

Ruins1984 wrote:
First, I preface my mock by reminding everyone of the $100 Mill bucks of cap-space we're working with. Some negative folks will attack my free agent signings, saying Browns suck, we'll never get them. To that I say, Money talks! Moving on, my FA's are young and can grow with our core. I wouldn't even look at a guy over 27. And finally, please keep in mind, you can't fix every problem on a 1-15 team in one off-season.
Resign:
Jamie Collins
Terrell Pryor
FA:
CB: Trumaine Johnson 27 - played under Williams last year
S: Tony Jefferson 25 - Just scratching the surface of his potential
OG: Andrew Norwell 25 - Ohio kid, combine w/ Bitonio-strong G tandem
DT: Dominique Easley 25- Good interior rusher, William's guy, tons upside
QB: Tyrod Taylor 27 - The Man for 1-2 seasons until a QB takes his spot
Draft:

I'm not gonna write up the draft like you're probably used to seeing. I'd draft 3 first round guys, using whatever trade or trades in the process. I'm not going to dig into details or specifics, cuz there are so many variables, factors, etc...
My 3 first round guys are Myles Garrett, Solomon Thomas, & Corey Davis

I'd address QB by draft a 2nd round prospect I like, Pat Mahomes, and a late round guy because of injury and off-field concerns, Chad Kelly. I just think one of these two are going to be a franchise QB. The philosophy is sorta like Washington drafting RG3 and Cousins in the same draft, and it actually paid off.

draft Pat Elflien as our center in late second or third.
draft Jake Butt, who slides because of TE depth in this draft and his injury. If you don't think he is feasible, then Adam Shaheen from Ashland. If you don't know, look him up.
And finally, draft Joe Mixon, because he falls real far, and I don't believe in ending a man's career for one transgression. Even he deserves a shot at redemption. Plus, he's a legit stud.

I think this draft is reasonable, and do-able with maneuvering. I'll leave the hard details and strategy to the pro's

To surmise, we'd be adding:
QB: Tyrod Taylor - Pat Mahomes - Chad Kelly
RB: Joe Mixon
TE: Jake Butt or Adam Shaheen
WR: Terrell Pryor(resigned) - Corey Davis
OL: Andrew Norwell - Pat Elflien
DL: Dominique Easley - Myles Garrett - Solomon Thomas
LB: Jamie Collins(resigned)
DB: Trumaine Johnson - Tony Jefferson

Now, by all means, tear it to shreds!


First off, solid job. If this is how the off-season & draft went, I'd be satisfied. I love Corey Davis (and I just think it'd be rad (<--80s word) to have our own dynamic WR duo called "The Coreys". I like all the free agents you brought in (don't know much about Trumaine--didn't really watch Rams), and I actually am a big fan of all three of Garrett, Thomas & Davis. That said, I'm not sure how your depth chart would look. It seems like you have five starting DL(?): Garrett, Thomas, Easley, Ogbah, Shelton. Are you signing Easley for backup $? And I don't know about the Mixon pick--personally off my board but understand the talent.
_________________
Bonanza23 wrote:
kute kittuh

ditchdigger wrote:
DGB thinks people ought to pay for photobucket, but Based Gordon wants it to be free.

Thomas5737 wrote:
I only come here to sit under the quote trees and read.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nugpimpen


Joined: 18 Feb 2006
Posts: 28488
Location: 10 Miles South of Cleveland
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Garrett, Thomas and Davis may be my perfect draft.


I know we already have Shelton and Ogbah, but I wouldn't shed a tear with our first 2 picks being Dline. Would be an insane front 4.

I'm a huge Corey Davis fan. Sadly I think we'd have to trade up into the teens to get him, so that could be costly.

I'm also in love with your FA. I think those are realistic options.


10/10 would fap again
_________________

2015 Adopt-A-Brown:
Joe Thomas, GOAT
Christian Kirksey, ILB
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ruins1984


Joined: 16 Jan 2007
Posts: 348
Location: Akron, OH
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Easley is a rotation guy at the 3tech, paid like a backup. Google and read his story. He was a high draft pick cut by the Patriots I think last year, and Rams picked him up, turned him around rotating him in. He showed good interior pass rush. Greg Williams loves him but most of the rest of the league isn't so sure. We could get him in a very reasonable deal. And with a front-4 doing your heavy lifting on defense, you need good depth.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wukusimw


Joined: 08 Mar 2011
Posts: 711
Location: Vermilion
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing thinking of Easley! He is exactly what we need. I've been trying to find a way to land Brantley or Richardson and didn't even think of Easley. Man that would be great. I wonder what they will tender him as. I think that FA class is very well within reach. 3 big money signings and Taylor basically replaces RG3 for a little extra. Really think you hit the nail on the head and this may be the plan the team has, maybe even landing 3 picks in the top 20.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ruins1984


Joined: 16 Jan 2007
Posts: 348
Location: Akron, OH
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys, I appreciate the positive feedback. When I went outside the box I was half expecting to be crucified on here. I aimed to definitely use free agency but wanted to stay a. Realistic, and b. Young veterans. I know 5 starting caliber d-linemen seems excessive, but I'm not counting on either Ogbah or Nassib, but more letting them be insurance for the other. Sorta like drafting Chad Kelly and Mahomes. If Ogbah busts, Nassib is there and vice versa. And if both are good pass rushers make valuable trade chips. Can never have enough.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FLAbrownfan


Joined: 29 Mar 2008
Posts: 4385
Location: OCA-L.A. , Florida
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wukusimw wrote:
Amazing thinking of Easley! He is exactly what we need. I've been trying to find a way to land Brantley or Richardson and didn't even think of Easley. Man that would be great. I wonder what they will tender him as. I think that FA class is very well within reach. 3 big money signings and Taylor basically replaces RG3 for a little extra. Really think you hit the nail on the head and this may be the plan the team has, maybe even landing 3 picks in the top 20.


After hearing his press conference today this really could be a possibility- Really does sound like Gregg will try and get him over here.
_________________

R.I.P Crackburn, always in our hearts
adopt a Brown: Davone Bess - The best- one catch, one first down--- never mind person foul takes away! arrghhh Reg on the SIG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
NudeTayne


Joined: 12 Apr 2016
Posts: 429
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ruins1984 wrote:
Yeah, Easley is a rotation guy at the 3tech, paid like a backup. Google and read his story. He was a high draft pick cut by the Patriots I think last year, and Rams picked him up, turned him around rotating him in. He showed good interior pass rush. Greg Williams loves him but most of the rest of the league isn't so sure. We could get him in a very reasonable deal. And with a front-4 doing your heavy lifting on defense, you need good depth.


I do remember him being a controversial pick for NE because he had an injury history (and then got injured after he was in the NFL too, yeah?), though he was a first rounder. If Greggy loves him, I'm down. I had been thinking they'd end up with someone like Nick Fairley, but it sounds like Easley could be an even better pickup.

I am still torn on Mixon. I'm hoping someone else grabs him really early so we don't have to worry about if/when to grab him based on value vs. his past.
_________________
Bonanza23 wrote:
kute kittuh

ditchdigger wrote:
DGB thinks people ought to pay for photobucket, but Based Gordon wants it to be free.

Thomas5737 wrote:
I only come here to sit under the quote trees and read.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group