You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Browns Fire DC Horton, Hire Gregg Williams
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
zelbell


Moderator
Joined: 08 Feb 2010
Posts: 13595
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Would be very surprised if Gregg Williams is not the next defensive coordinator of the Browns



This is from JLC but his report from a few months ago had us firing Horton
_________________

2016 Recipient of the Joe Blackburn Award
JammerHammer21 wrote:
(It's impossible to deny how good OSU has been Laughing)

sdrawkcab321 wrote:
This is better then the circus
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mind Character


Joined: 23 Dec 2016
Posts: 470
Location: N/a
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If true, changes the entire complexion of the draft in my mind. The two best players in the draft become Jonathan Allen and Solomon Thomas and it is not even close. Garrett does not have the functional strength and power and violent hands for combat in a 43 defense. Has to be an edge rush specialist. Also, would change my draft board as there are tons of 43 inside tackles that would be added to the draft board. In the 43 the big board for DE and DTs is Jonathan Allen, Solomon Thomas, Takk Mckinley, and then Myles Garrett. Also brings guys like Caleb brantley in the mix in the second.

Makes kirko and Jamie Collins, WLB and SLB respectively. Need an inside thumper with range.

Would have to go back and watch cunningham and jarrad davis. Reuben Fostor would be a monster. Our personnel is very 34centric so I'd trade out of number 1 to pick up more assets to help the transition. Target Reuben/Allen followed by Solomon/Takk.

This would be huge..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LETSGOBROWNIES


Joined: 06 Feb 2006
Posts: 15359
Location: CINCINNATI
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
buno67 wrote:
brownie man wrote:
I would have never thought this would actually happen.

Freaking amazing

Going back to the 43

Garrett at 1 Reuben Foster at 12.

I dreamt of this, but had no thought it would actually happen


Not sure on foster, depends on what defense we run. 3-4, hell ya on Foster. 4-3, I think I want McMillan


What about the 4-3 makes Raekwon a better player than Foster?


When it comes to the 4-3 the Mike has to be able to cover and play the pass. I believe McMillan is better at coverage. I also believe the Browns could get him at 12 or trade down and get him where Foster they would need to trade up. I don't think there is a major drop off between the two. I think having a potential DL Infront of him that he might have in Cleveland that McMillan could be good for us.


You may end up being right, but I don't think you'll find many people agreeing with much of this right now.

There is no way in hell I take McMillan at 12.
_________________
First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
zelbell


Moderator
Joined: 08 Feb 2010
Posts: 13595
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give me Garrett and either Foster/Hooker/Adams in the first round and this defense could be pretty solid next year
_________________

2016 Recipient of the Joe Blackburn Award
JammerHammer21 wrote:
(It's impossible to deny how good OSU has been Laughing)

sdrawkcab321 wrote:
This is better then the circus
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ohiogenius


Joined: 11 Jul 2008
Posts: 5745
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
ohiogenius wrote:
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSS

Finally a 4-3 defense

Not a fan of Gregg Williams as a human being but this defense needs to get nasty


You've got to be kidding me if you think he is the only coach to call for another players head. Bounty gate was such a joke.

Never said he was the only one, but he was the only one who got caught. Thus the only one who I can say with full confidence is not the greatest human being.
_________________
BwickBrownie wrote:
cortes02 wrote:
Would JPP fit in the 3-4??

Peace!!!

If you're referring to fingers on his glove, the answer is yes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sdrawkcab321


Joined: 23 Dec 2009
Posts: 35819
Location: Cleveland
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Would be very surprised if Gregg Williams is not the next defensive coordinator of the Browns


La canfora
_________________
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
sdraw was right.


2016 Adopt A Brown: Al Saunders
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KamTrus20


Joined: 17 Nov 2009
Posts: 6833
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mind Character wrote:
If true, changes the entire complexion of the draft in my mind. The two best players in the draft become Jonathan Allen and Solomon Thomas and it is not even close. Garrett does not have the functional strength and power and violent hands for combat in a 43 defense. Has to be an edge rush specialist. Also, would change my draft board as there are tons of 43 inside tackles that would be added to the draft board. In the 43 the big board for DE and DTs is Jonathan Allen, Solomon Thomas, Takk Mckinley, and then Myles Garrett. Also brings guys like Caleb brantley in the mix in the second.

Makes kirko and Jamie Collins, WLB and SLB respectively. Need an inside thumper with range.

Would have to go back and watch cunningham and jarrad davis. Reuben Fostor would be a monster. Our personnel is very 34centric so I'd trade out of number 1 to pick up more assets to help the transition. Target Reuben/Allen followed by Solomon/Takk.

This would be huge..


Alex Anzalone would be the man for me. I believe he could play any of the 3 spots. He is a very good run defender and excellent blitzer. He could be had in 4th maybe 3rd if his meds check out well and develop behind DeMario Davis for a year.

A 43 defense would completely change everything. We don't have the DTs for it right now. That would instantly become a huge need.
_________________


Jamison on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bosko1616


Joined: 22 Oct 2010
Posts: 3814
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Gregg Williams he brings that nasty streak we're looking for. If it wasn't for that whole thing in NO he would be a head coach already. If I'm drafting for a 4-3 I still think Garrett is our number 1 then Allen. My draft would only change in the second. I'd still go

1. Myles Garrett De
1. Hooker/Adams/Thomas FS/SS/UT
2. Jared Davis/Mckmillin MLB
2. Jordan Lewis CB
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KamTrus20


Joined: 17 Nov 2009
Posts: 6833
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ohiogenius wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:
ohiogenius wrote:
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSS

Finally a 4-3 defense

Not a fan of Gregg Williams as a human being but this defense needs to get nasty


You've got to be kidding me if you think he is the only coach to call for another players head. Bounty gate was such a joke.

Never said he was the only one, but he was the only one who got caught. Thus the only one who I can say with full confidence is not the greatest human being.


Again you're a joke. It is football. It is what happens on the football field especially in the NFL. Coaches even coach it in high school. I did it this year. #11 was the only kid on the other team who could beat us with out #11 we would win the game easily. I made sure to coach it and preach it all week and all game long. Get your block and then go find #11 and put him on his back. When we were on defense we did the same thing. We always had at least one guy assigned to bury #11 even if he didn't get the ball. We never got to him enough to put him out of the game but he definitely quit out there on the field.

That is all Gregg Williams was doing. He doesn't want to see anyone get severely injured but it is the NFL and it is grown men he is trying to motivate. Sometimes harsher words are needed to motivate men.

Get over it. It is life in football. He is not a bad person.
_________________


Jamison on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
candyman93


Joined: 02 Dec 2009
Posts: 59121
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Myles Garrett + Solomon Thomas

Not to be rude Mind, but I feel like you made your mind up on Garrett awhile ago. I feel you've wanted to trade down before this decision was made. Nothing wrong with that of course.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
candyman93


Joined: 02 Dec 2009
Posts: 59121
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
ohiogenius wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:
ohiogenius wrote:
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSS

Finally a 4-3 defense

Not a fan of Gregg Williams as a human being but this defense needs to get nasty


You've got to be kidding me if you think he is the only coach to call for another players head. Bounty gate was such a joke.

Never said he was the only one, but he was the only one who got caught. Thus the only one who I can say with full confidence is not the greatest human being.


Again you're a joke. It is football. It is what happens on the football field especially in the NFL. Coaches even coach it in high school. I did it this year. #11 was the only kid on the other team who could beat us with out #11 we would win the game easily. I made sure to coach it and preach it all week and all game long. Get your block and then go find #11 and put him on his back. When we were on defense we did the same thing. We always had at least one guy assigned to bury #11 even if he didn't get the ball. We never got to him enough to put him out of the game but he definitely quit out there on the field.

That is all Gregg Williams was doing. He doesn't want to see anyone get severely injured but it is the NFL and it is grown men he is trying to motivate. Sometimes harsher words are needed to motivate men.

Get over it. It is life in football. He is not a bad person.


Seriously? Get the [inappropriate/removed] over yourself. Calling somebody a joke because they are hesitant about a guy like Williams?

I agree and would bet my life savings other coaches do what Williams did. However, being cautious about Williams isn't stupid like you make it out to be.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 69131
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bosko1616 wrote:
Would he bring the old saints staff like vitt too


He despises Vitt. Would probably bring a lot of the Rams staff with him.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
buno67


Joined: 15 Mar 2007
Posts: 40997
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
buno67 wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
buno67 wrote:
brownie man wrote:
I would have never thought this would actually happen.

Freaking amazing

Going back to the 43

Garrett at 1 Reuben Foster at 12.

I dreamt of this, but had no thought it would actually happen


Not sure on foster, depends on what defense we run. 3-4, hell ya on Foster. 4-3, I think I want McMillan


What about the 4-3 makes Raekwon a better player than Foster?


When it comes to the 4-3 the Mike has to be able to cover and play the pass. I believe McMillan is better at coverage. I also believe the Browns could get him at 12 or trade down and get him where Foster they would need to trade up. I don't think there is a major drop off between the two. I think having a potential DL Infront of him that he might have in Cleveland that McMillan could be good for us.


You may end up being right, but I don't think you'll find many people agreeing with much of this right now.

There is no way in hell I take McMillan at 12.


Hell we would get McMillian with pick #33.

Got Garrett #1, Hooker/Adams at #12, and Mckmillin at #33. That would be amazing!

Garrett/Shelton/??Nassib.

I just wonder who plays the 3Tech
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sdrawkcab321


Joined: 23 Dec 2009
Posts: 35819
Location: Cleveland
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Source tells @sn_nfl that @RamsNFL Gregg Williams has until Monday to decide whether he wants to accept @Browns DC job. Tick. Tick. Tick.


lol we're setting deadlines
_________________
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
sdraw was right.


2016 Adopt A Brown: Al Saunders
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ohiogenius


Joined: 11 Jul 2008
Posts: 5745
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure I agree with you KamTrus20 on the assessment we dont have the DTs for it.

Shelton did have skills to get a push in the pocket coming out of college. I always thought his weakness was he got too high which made him easy to move. This year it seemed like he figured out how not to get moved around. I do think he needs to drop another 10-20lbs this offseason so he sits at 315-320. (This math was based on the reports he came in to this year at 335)

Meder is a good backup NT in a 4-3. He was never the huge NT a 3-4 needed but he is a better fit in the 4-3. Good back up maybe even a 1st and 2nd down player next to Shelton

At UT (3 tech) we have at best bodies.

Desmond Bryant who might be a better fit at 5-tech than 3-tech. He was good against the run and got a little push from what I recall 2 years ago. I cant say for sure since I havent focused on his play that much.

Stephen Paea was a 3 tech who played really well in Chicago before going to Washington and failed playing at 3-4 DE. He was a pro-bowler if I recall correctly. Right now hes a camp body who you hope can re-discover his past glory

Xavier Cooper was horribly out of position in the 3-4. Again camp body who you hope can show something to be a rotational pass rusher. Not counting on it.

If Bryant actually can play decently at UT then we arent as bad off.

If he cant then Jonathon Allen vs Myles Garrett will be the new Anderson vs Quinn debate.
_________________
BwickBrownie wrote:
cortes02 wrote:
Would JPP fit in the 3-4??

Peace!!!

If you're referring to fingers on his glove, the answer is yes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 3 of 24

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group