Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Clint Hurtt Gone
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
G08


Joined: 28 Feb 2011
Posts: 6644
Location: World Championsville
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:39 pm    Post subject: Clint Hurtt Gone Reply with quote

fack.
_________________
topwop1 wrote:
My point is you can find a franchise guy like [Derek] Carr in every draft

jrry32 wrote:
apples

When the defense allowed 20 pts or fewer, the Cutler-led Bears were 36-7
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GOGRIESE


Joined: 04 Dec 2006
Posts: 25857
Location: Austin Texas
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah that sucks alot
_________________

^^ props to LBC on the sig Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TankWilliams


Joined: 11 Dec 2007
Posts: 16933
Location: Chicago
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Denied a contract extension? He must be convinced changes will be coming next year, that or he didn't get along with Fangio/Fox.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GOGRIESE


Joined: 04 Dec 2006
Posts: 25857
Location: Austin Texas
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also forgot they blocked him from leaving last year. Normally teams dont do that when it's a promotion(He was moving to DL Coach for the Dolphins).
_________________

^^ props to LBC on the sig Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Madmike90


Moderator
Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 26588
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really do get the impression Hurtt will go on to pretty big things...I reckon he might even get a shot as a DC or potentially go the same route as Stan Drayton and go to a college team...South Florida under Charlie Strong would make a lot of sense...

Going off the back of who Fangio has worked with him the past and who has developed talent current Stanford LB coach Peter Hansen would make sense.
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear...Adrian Amos
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
G08


Joined: 28 Feb 2011
Posts: 6644
Location: World Championsville
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TankWilliams wrote:
Denied a contract extension? He must be convinced changes will be coming next year, that or he didn't get along with Fangio/Fox.


He declined an extension
_________________
topwop1 wrote:
My point is you can find a franchise guy like [Derek] Carr in every draft

jrry32 wrote:
apples

When the defense allowed 20 pts or fewer, the Cutler-led Bears were 36-7
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TankWilliams


Joined: 11 Dec 2007
Posts: 16933
Location: Chicago
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
TankWilliams wrote:
Denied a contract extension? He must be convinced changes will be coming next year, that or he didn't get along with Fangio/Fox.


He declined an extension


I typed denied, but I meant declined. Embarassed
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
G08


Joined: 28 Feb 2011
Posts: 6644
Location: World Championsville
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TankWilliams wrote:
G08 wrote:
TankWilliams wrote:
Denied a contract extension? He must be convinced changes will be coming next year, that or he didn't get along with Fangio/Fox.


He declined an extension


I typed denied, but I meant declined. Embarassed


No worries, I just didn't want people to think we told him to EFF off Laughing
_________________
topwop1 wrote:
My point is you can find a franchise guy like [Derek] Carr in every draft

jrry32 wrote:
apples

When the defense allowed 20 pts or fewer, the Cutler-led Bears were 36-7
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Madmike90


Moderator
Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 26588
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
I also forgot they blocked him from leaving last year. Normally teams dont do that when it's a promotion(He was moving to DL Coach for the Dolphins).


Vance Joseph could very well leave Miami for an HC job...wouldn't come as a shock to me at all if Hurtt ended up as Adam Gase's DC.
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear...Adrian Amos
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GOGRIESE


Joined: 04 Dec 2006
Posts: 25857
Location: Austin Texas
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
I also forgot they blocked him from leaving last year. Normally teams dont do that when it's a promotion(He was moving to DL Coach for the Dolphins).


Vance Joseph could very well leave Miami for an HC job...wouldn't come as a shock to me at all if Hurtt ended up as Adam Gase's DC.


That wouldnt be surprising at all. Vance Joseph has done as great job and Hurtt deserves a promotion.
_________________

^^ props to LBC on the sig Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TankWilliams


Joined: 11 Dec 2007
Posts: 16933
Location: Chicago
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
I also forgot they blocked him from leaving last year. Normally teams dont do that when it's a promotion(He was moving to DL Coach for the Dolphins).


Vance Joseph could very well leave Miami for an HC job...wouldn't come as a shock to me at all if Hurtt ended up as Adam Gase's DC.


Actually now that I think about it, that makes sense. In the eyes of the NFL, a positional coach to coordinator is a lateral move, so Fox could block Gase from interviewing him for the DC job if he were to sign the extension.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WindyCity


Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 16163
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hurtt knows it is unlikely that a coaching staff comes back from 9-23. Maybe most of them know that Fox is here to supervise another year of losing before the next guy comes.

Arguably our 2 best position groups lost their coaches.

I hope he gets a DC job, that would make this all make more sense.
_________________
John Fox
3-13 this season, 9-23 overall, 4-12 at home
Pathetic
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GOGRIESE


Joined: 04 Dec 2006
Posts: 25857
Location: Austin Texas
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So he left for the exact same job with the Jets. Cool.
_________________

^^ props to LBC on the sig Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TankWilliams


Joined: 11 Dec 2007
Posts: 16933
Location: Chicago
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
So he left for the exact same job with the Jets. Cool.


Seriously? As if Bowles has that much more job security at this point. There must have been a conflict of personalities somewhere.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Madmike90


Moderator
Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 26588
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TankWilliams wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
So he left for the exact same job with the Jets. Cool.


Seriously? As if Bowles has that much more job security at this point. There must have been a conflict of personalities somewhere.


Yeah that's a strange one...only thing you can think is he is hoping this was a down season after Bowels went 10-6 year one but I would think this is more down to either a clash or money.
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear...Adrian Amos
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group