You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mock Drafts from the Around the Web
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no way anyone can spin taking OL or QB at 5. RB is the other position that is highly unlikely at 5, but at least there's a prospect at RB that is within that range. I don't think there's an OL in this draft that's considered to 10... and definitely not a G.

At 18, QB is the only position that i think is still untouchable. OL and RB are still not likely but more possible.

Our depth at WR and CB is extremely thin... we're an injury to Matthews or Ryan from either position becoming laughably bad... especially at WR (Sharpe and Douglas starting?). This doesn't mean you try to force a move... but its where Robinson moves around to get the player he wants (Conklin last year). I'm almost convinced we come out of the first with a new receiving option this year... WR, TE, or even the wildcard gadget (McCaffrey)... I'm not sure it happens with 5 or 18, but somewhere in the 1st. This year's WR depth reminds me of OT last season going into the draft.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An OL high or even in the 1st and I'll become the most negative poster in the history of the forum. Lol

Just don't see how OL could even be close to being the highest ranking player on the board in the 1st. I'd think 2 CBs would be higher.
We should draft Howard and Njkou in the first before taking an OL.
We should draft Williams and Ross.
We should draft Fournette and McCaffery.
We should draft Adam and Pepper before an OL.

Any of that makes more sense than an OL in the first.
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mularkey has already commented on he expects there to be competition at the guard spot this off-season, but all he mentioned was Tretola and Lelito.

With an o-line of Lewan-Spain-Jones-Kline-Conklin and depth of Kelly, Lelito and Tretola, I don't think we spend a draft pick on an o-lineman period, unless it's a late round and there's still some guy that was really high on their board.

4 of the 5 o-line spots are/should be set for the future IMO. Lewan is a top 3 LT, Spain is one of the better LGs in football and has gotten better over the course of both of his seasons, Jones is a top 10 C and Conklin is a top 6 or 7 RT.

Kline could potentially be upgraded but he's a decent enough player and isn't a liability. If Tretola or Lelito play better than him than so be it, but spending a high pick to replace him would be entirely unnecessary and I think 100% is not going to happen.

One thing I wouldn't mind seeing is a better depth tackle than Kelly. He's fine as an extra blocker on the line, but if you go back and watch the Packers game where he took over for Lewan after his ejection, he was pretty bad.

I really like Lelito's play, he's a solid guard/ideal depth, but I almost feel as if resigning Bell would have been the smarter move. Bell is a solid guard as well and while not a great tackle, I think he's better than Kelly.

That being said that's a relatively small gripe and not something I think needs to be addressed by a early draft pick(or even pick at all, I'm completely content going in to the season with our current depth on the o-line, just hope Lewan/Conklin stay healthy).

#MTGA
TitanSS

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You all really took the OL sarcasm and ran with it as it was serious.

No, we won't take an OL at #5 lol.

If we stay at #5, I don't think we take a CB or WR. Solomon Thomas just looks like the type of guy our coaching staff would fall in love with. I feel like he is a sleeper that is more likely than people think.
lamont

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/71106/71/nfl-draft-needs-titans

Quote:
Titans No. 1 Team Need: Wide Receiver

Silva’s Analysis

Titans GM Jon Robinson hit big on 2016 free agent pickup Rishard Matthews, landing him on a dirt-cheap three-year, $15 million deal. Tennessee got little production from its alternative receivers, however, and Matthews doesn’t quite profile as a true No. 1 option. Enigmatic slot man Kendall Wright walked in free agency, while 2016 fifth-round pick Tajae Sharpe was stretched as a starter. Tight end Delanie Walker remains the passing-game focal point, but he turns 33 soon.

Titans No. 2 Team Need: Cornerback

Silva’s Analysis

Signing versatile ex-Patriot Logan Ryan was a step in the right direction, but the Titans still need help at corner, where replacement-level RCB Jason McCourty and slot defender Brice McCain are both entering contract years. Last year’s Titans finished 26th in Football Outsiders’ pass-defense DVOA.

Titans No. 3 Team Need: Linebacker

Silva’s Analysis

The Titans are in good enough shape that I actually struggled to identify a clear No. 3 need. They could use depth at inside linebacker, where starters Wesley Woodyard and Avery Williamson are entering contract years and Tennessee lacks in-house candidates to succeed them.

Norris’ Mock Draft

Round 1 (5): WR Corey Davis, WMU - Davis’ draft process has been quiet. I consider him the clear top receiver in this class. If the Titans agree, they should not hesitate spending their top pick on him. Adding a primary receiving option is the team’s top need.

Round 1 18 : CB Kevin King, Washington - Jon Robinson worked with Bill Belichick. Robinson signed former Patriot Logan Ryan to a large contract. The Patriots value 3-cone results (Ryan ran a 6.69). Kevin King’s 6.56 3-cone is an outstanding time. In fact, he is the most athletic corner in this draft. We could look back on this class in five years and view King as the class’ top corner.

Round 3 (83): LB Duke Riley, LSU - Athletic linebacker and powerful hitter. Riley should be mentioned among the top five prospects at his position.

Round 3 (100): EDGE Dawuane Smoot, Illinois - Smoot’s 2015 season was outstanding. He took a step back in 2016. Still, in the late third round he is worth the selection.

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
TitanSS

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we draft Kevin King in the first round I'm going to burn the whole place down.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slight reach for Kevin King but I do like him a lot. Very long and rangy. Plays the ball very effectively.

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
ironlion

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSS wrote:
You all really took the OL sarcasm and ran with it as it was serious.

No, we won't take an OL at #5 lol.

If we stay at #5, I don't think we take a CB or WR. Solomon Thomas just looks like the type of guy our coaching staff would fall in love with. I feel like he is a sleeper that is more likely than people think.

I love Thomas but I've come to the realization that we have no chance at getting him at 5. He's a number one pick if Garrett isn't there, especially with the lack of talent at the QB position.
lamont

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2017-nfl-mock-draft-five-teams-trade-up-while-the-jets-move-down-twice/

5. Malik Hooker
18. John Ross

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
KingTitan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lamont wrote:
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2017-nfl-mock-draft-five-teams-trade-up-while-the-jets-move-down-twice/

5. Malik Hooker
18. John Ross

A good round.

I've come to the conclusion that there are multiple acceptable combinations that are possible.

The only thing I would hate is an OL. Of course a QB. Anything else, I'd be fine with.
deeluxx3

Hot Shot Crew
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt Ross lasts until 18

RIP Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
RIP Steve "Air" McNair...the greatest Titan of all-time
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deeluxx3 wrote:

Eh I've seen rumors of him even dropping out of the 1st all together due to the injury history.

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
TitanSS

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
deeluxx3 wrote:

Eh I've seen rumors of him even dropping out of the 1st all together due to the injury history.

I wouldn't be surprised if he drops or goes in the top ten. All it takes is one team with a boner for his 40-yard dash.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hooker is a good pick with Lattimore and Adams gone but I'd prefer Njoku over Ross.

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSS wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
deeluxx3 wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if he drops or goes in the top ten. All it takes is one team with a boner for his 40-yard dash.

Yep exactly.

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: