Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mock Drafts from the Around the Web
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bloeddyr

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5 round Mock Draft by Chad Reuter from NFL.com

#5 - Marshon Lattimore, CB, Ohio State
#18 - David Njoku, TE, Miami
#83 - Dorian Johnson, OG, Pittsburgh
#100 - Ahkello Witherspoon, CB, Colorado
#124 - Kendell Beckwith, LB, LSU
#164 - Chad Hansen, WR, California

Last year I was the Head Scout and the year before that, just a regular scout. But I'm game for whatever you need!

^^^
One of the best scouts in FFMD.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bloeddyr wrote:
5 round Mock Draft by Chad Reuter from NFL.com

#5 - Marshon Lattimore, CB, Ohio State
#18 - David Njoku, TE, Miami
#83 - Dorian Johnson, OG, Pittsburgh
#100 - Ahkello Witherspoon, CB, Colorado
#124 - Kendell Beckwith, LB, LSU
#164 - Chad Hansen, WR, California

Beautiful except for the OG at 83. Probably would target a WR there. Also I'd prefer a different ILB than Beckwith.

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
deeluxx3

Hot Shot Crew
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a feeling that Lattimore's lack of college experience is going to turn JRob off

RIP Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
RIP Steve "Air" McNair...the greatest Titan of all-time
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deeluxx3 wrote:
I have a feeling that Lattimore's lack of college experience is going to turn JRob off

Potentially and the fact that it's a pretty deep DB draft. I don't expect that 5th pick to be set in stone at all either.

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still hoping for a trade down from 5. For the needs on this team, I don't see much of a drop off from 5 to 10, and even as low as 13. Gotta hope someone falls that another team is willing to trade up for... an Allen, a Thomas, a QB, even an Adams (I like him, but I'd rather have Hooker and a 2nd rounder, if possible)

Recouping that 2nd rounder would be huge. So much depth in this draft in that range.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
deeluxx3 wrote:

Potentially and the fact that it's a pretty deep DB draft. I don't expect that 5th pick to be set in stone at all either.

Yeah. I think the fact that you can get a good if not great CB,that fits your team, at 18 or even later, makes it where you take another position earlier.

I won't rule out a pass rusher at #5 if we don't trade down.

MLB Foster is the only player that is ranked that high, that you can't get later. We could get Reddick in the middle of the 1st but after those two and then maybe Jarrad Davis, no MLB is worth really going out your way to get.

But don't be surprised if we take an OLB/Edge rusher.
titans0021

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ragevsuall17 wrote:
Still hoping for a trade down from 5. For the needs on this team, I don't see much of a drop off from 5 to 10, and even as low as 13. Gotta hope someone falls that another team is willing to trade up for... an Allen, a Thomas, a QB, even an Adams (I like him, but I'd rather have Hooker and a 2nd rounder, if possible)

Recouping that 2nd rounder would be huge. So much depth in this draft in that range.
Yup. Really hoping for a trade down. Sitting at 5 is great for safety or defensive linemen (or potentially RB if you love Fournette), but at CB or WR, there's virtually no difference. Sure one of Williams or Davis may come off the board in the top 10, but I doubt both do. And there's such a jumble at the top at corner that the difference between what you're taking at 5 and what you're taking at 11-18 isn't all that significant.

Props to mike23md on the sig
titans0021

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

This would be my nightmare. Even more than a backup tight end. Continuing to straight up ignore the team's needs while also writing off a guy you just spent a second-round pick on. Drafting an edge rusher and making a NT your third biggest free agent signing a year after spending top 45 picks on an edge rusher and a nose tackle would be spectacularly disappointing.

J.Redd10

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
Quote:

This would be my nightmare. Even more than a backup tight end. Continuing to straight up ignore the team's needs while also writing off a guy you just spent a second-round pick on. Drafting an edge rusher and making a NT your third biggest free agent signing a year after spending top 45 picks on an edge rusher and a nose tackle would be spectacularly disappointing.

Not really, if you look back at lebeau championship defenses, you'll see he never had great CB play. lebeau always had great safety & lb play.
I really think if we stay at 5 hooker is the pick, because he covers more ground than Adams, & I can see Hassan redick at 18. Redick can flat out cover is a former safety coming out of high school & was a walk on 🤔 Sounds like the jack concklin story.
He can rush the passer also which is what we don't have a ILB that can cover & blitz while being a disruptive force.
ironlion

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J.Redd10 wrote:
titans0021 wrote:
Quote:

Not really, if you look back at lebeau championship defenses, you'll see he never had great CB play. lebeau always had great safety & lb play.
I really think if we stay at 5 hooker is the pick, because he covers more ground than Adams, & I can see Hassan redick at 18. Redick can flat out cover is a former safety coming out of high school & was a walk on 🤔 Sounds like the jack concklin story.
He can rush the passer also which is what we don't have a ILB that can cover & blitz while being a disruptive force.

There are only 3 positions you draft for need. QB, tackle, and pass rusher. After those positions one should always draft BPA. Especially at 5th overall no db not named Deion sanders is worth that pick. I think it's crazy to draft a corner that high. Hard for me to justify drafting 190lb players in a league of massive men. I don't see any way we draft a DB at 5. That is unless they have a high grade on someone and they are BPA, but I assume that JRob has all the pass rushers way ahead of the DBS.
TitanSS

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm not really sold on the whole idea that we have to go DB and WR in the first round. We have a top 5 pick. I want the best player available who isn't a QB, RB, or OT.

We can't just draft for 2017, but we can't just ignore 2017 either, but which players are going to be the biggest asset to the team in 2018 and 2019?

A lot of people are going to be mad when we wait until pick #82 to take a CB lol
KingTitan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSS wrote:
Yeah, I'm not really sold on the whole idea that we have to go DB and WR in the first round. We have a top 5 pick. I want the best player available who isn't a QB, RB, or OT.

We can't just draft for 2017, but we can't just ignore 2017 either, but which players are going to be the biggest asset to the team in 2018 and 2019?

A lot of people are going to be mad when we wait until pick #82 to take a CB lol

Yep or an Wr..

"Matthews is our top WR and we wait to the 3rd to draft a guy?!"

It's not all about talent it's about fit too.
TitanSS

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if the singing of a NT means Austin Johnson is moving to DE and Daquan Jones is on his way out. If Johnson just ends up becoming depth behind a free agent signing then that is a depressing thought about our 2nd round last year. I think he is a good player so I'm not that worried about him.

Really hope Dodd comes around.

Wouldn't be surprised if Solomon Thomas is the pick if the Bears or 49ers don't take him.
titans0021

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just so genuinely excited to watch you guys positively spin things when we take an offensive lineman at No. 5. Laughing

TitanSS

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
I'm just so genuinely excited to watch you guys positively spin things when we take an offensive lineman at No. 5. Laughing

I am the resident OL advocate, so I could probably do it.

I'm far from positive about everything, I just don't see the need to act like the sky is falling over free agency. We got our CB, that was about all I expected. I don't think Williams was worth what he was paid, but I don't see the point in freaking out about it.

Initially I was happier with the Austin Johnson pick than I was the Derrick Henry pick. That's just one example of why acting like the sky is falling before they have even played a down is a little premature. Derrick Henry wasn't a need, but which player drafted after him are you mad that we took Derrick Henry over?

Everyone is under the impression... "these are our two biggest weaknesses so we have to draft them in the first round!" Why? Which first round WR is a can't miss player that we must have? CB? Would our team be that much better with Corey Coleman, Laquan Treadwell, or Josh Doctson? What about William Jackson III or Artie Burns? There are good players in the first round, but taking guys in the first round doesn't guarantee to solve a problem in 2017.

I agree that we need to get better at those positions, I just don't agree that spending first round picks on players who may be graded considerably lower than others because of your team needs isn't the only way to do it. If a CB is the highest graded player on your board, or even close to it, by all means take him. If not, don't force it. That's how you wind up with Artie Burns in the first round lol.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: