Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mock Drafts from the Around the Web
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ragevsuall17


Joined: 26 Jan 2005
Posts: 6861
Location: TX
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
ragevsuall17 wrote:
So USA Today just posted this mock... not for the faint of heart... lol

Quote:
5. Tennessee Titans (from Los Angeles Rams) — John Ross, WR, Washington: His draft stock may be moving even faster than his legs. Ross was also projected to Tennessee in our previous mock draft, but the Titans may no longer be able to wait until the 18th pick to secure his services. Just imagine how his combine record 4.22 40 speed would impact an offense that can bludgeon teams on the ground but currently doesn't have a deep threat to really make defenses pay for loading up against RBs DeMarco Murray and Derrick Henry. QB Marcus Mariota has the accuracy and arm strength to leverage Ross' wheels on quick hitters or on deep routes. Ross would also enhance Tennessee's return game.

18. Titans — Jabrill Peppers, S, Michigan: His willingness to work out at both linebacker and defensive back at the combine showcased an impressive competitive streak and is also a microcosm of Peppers' versatility — which includes return skills and the ability to fill in at tailback in a pinch (probably a skill the Titans won't need). Still, after packing 13 additional pounds onto his frame (without any apparent reduction in quickness), Peppers appears primed to effectively line up all over the field regardless of down and distance.


So a Mike Reinfeldt or Ruston Webster Draft basically.
Speed and Potential.


Basically... although to be honest, I could see either of them being the pick at 18, and I'd be ok with either of them. I have a big list of players I'd be good with at 18, and not many players projected in that range that I would say absolutely no to (with the obvious exception of QB and OL)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lamont


Joined: 01 Feb 2008
Posts: 4587
Location: Tennessee
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm on the trade back from #5 & stick at #18 train. Pick up a 2nd rounder on the trade back. Cool
_________________

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ragevsuall17


Joined: 26 Jan 2005
Posts: 6861
Location: TX
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lamont wrote:
I'm on the trade back from #5 & stick at #18 train. Pick up a 2nd rounder on the trade back. Cool


That's the approach I'd prefer... I could also see a future 1st instead of a 2nd this year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ragevsuall17


Joined: 26 Jan 2005
Posts: 6861
Location: TX
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Latest mock from PFF:

Quote:
Tennessee Titans (from Los Angeles Rams)
Marshon Lattimore, CB, Ohio State

The Titans grabbed former Patriots CB Logan Ryan in free agency, but that won’t keep them from taking another corner, as starter Jason McCourty is heading into the last year of his contract. Lattimore was outstanding in one year of work at Ohio State, allowing a passer rating of only 30.2 into his coverage, fourth-best among corners with at least 40 targets. Lattimore has the size and speed to press and take away the deep ball and the movement skills to break on the ball in front of him, where he didn’t miss a tackle in all of 2016.

18. Tennessee Titans
John Ross, WR, Washington

Everyone knew John Ross was fast, but a 4.22 40-yard dash at the NFL Combine was nice affirmation for what we saw on tape. Ross can get behind the defense in the deep game and take short passes to the house; that playmaking ability is much-needed for QB Marcus Mariota and the Tennessee offense. Ross averaged 3.04 yards per route last season, good for 12th in the nation.


With Foster's value taking a hit after the recent argument, I'm now on the trade down or bust wagon. I've stated repeatedly that I don't like the value of CB at 5, but that's also changed a little after Jones' recent injury.

I would no longer hate Lattimore at 5... don't love it, but don't hate it. I would still prefer a trade down, targeting Foster, Adams, Hooker, or Lattimore a few picks later.

Ross at 18, I'm a-ok with.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ragevsuall17


Joined: 26 Jan 2005
Posts: 6861
Location: TX
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McShay's latest mock

Quote:
5. Tennessee Titans (from LA Rams)
Jonathan Allen, DE, Alabama

Allen didn't test well at the combine, but he's a much better football player than his workout numbers would indicate. While some long-term concerns regarding his shoulder might cause him to fall, the Titans have the luxury of taking the best player on their board with this pick, since they also own the 18th selection. Allen would slide right in and start opposite Jurrell Casey at the 5-technique spot.

18. Tennessee Titans
Mike Williams, WR, Clemson

I'll be at Clemson's pro day on Thursday, and I'm interested to see what Williams runs in the 40-yard dash after sitting out the drill at the combine. On tape, he shows great hands and the ability to win contested catches. The one remaining question is: What's his true top-end speed? Running a 4.55 or better would be a win for Williams.


Like Williams at 18, just don't know how I feel about Allen (or Thomas) at 5. Both could be really good players, and it's always smart to draft based on BPA and not solely on need... but I just don't think it makes sense, the way our team and this draft is set up. I think a lot of us want a trade down here where our target will be within range.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lamont


Joined: 01 Feb 2008
Posts: 4587
Location: Tennessee
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cbssports.com mock.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2017-nfl-mock-draft-browns-and-bills-trade-into-top-five-to-grab-quarterbacks/

Trade #5 to Buffalo. Draft OJ Howard at # 10 and John Ross at #18.

Quote:
5. Buffalo Bills (via mock trade with Tennessee Titans; from Los Angeles Rams)

Deshaun Watson, QB, Clemson: Fearing that the Jets might want to nab Watson, the Bills make a bold, Doug Whaley-style move to go up and grab another ACC quarterback who was highly productive but has issues about the system. (Gulp.) The Bills give up a third-round pick to the Titans and swap fourth-round picks to make things more or less even.


I would think that the compensation would be more than a third and swap 4ths. I want at least a 2nd.
_________________

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
deeluxx3


Hot Shot Crew
Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 14429
Location: Chicago/NYC
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lamont wrote:
cbssports.com mock.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2017-nfl-mock-draft-browns-and-bills-trade-into-top-five-to-grab-quarterbacks/

Trade #5 to Buffalo. Draft OJ Howard at # 10 and John Ross at #18.

Quote:
5. Buffalo Bills (via mock trade with Tennessee Titans; from Los Angeles Rams)

Deshaun Watson, QB, Clemson: Fearing that the Jets might want to nab Watson, the Bills make a bold, Doug Whaley-style move to go up and grab another ACC quarterback who was highly productive but has issues about the system. (Gulp.) The Bills give up a third-round pick to the Titans and swap fourth-round picks to make things more or less even.


I would think that the compensation would be more than a third and swap 4ths. I want at least a 2nd.


Whoever wrote that has never paid any attention to the NFL if they think a team would trade the #5 pick for the #10 and a 3rd. Especially if they know the other team is moving up for a QB
_________________

RIP Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
RIP Steve "Air" McNair...the greatest Titan of all-time
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TitanSS


Joined: 07 Jan 2007
Posts: 6194
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deeluxx3 wrote:
lamont wrote:
cbssports.com mock.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2017-nfl-mock-draft-browns-and-bills-trade-into-top-five-to-grab-quarterbacks/

Trade #5 to Buffalo. Draft OJ Howard at # 10 and John Ross at #18.

Quote:
5. Buffalo Bills (via mock trade with Tennessee Titans; from Los Angeles Rams)

Deshaun Watson, QB, Clemson: Fearing that the Jets might want to nab Watson, the Bills make a bold, Doug Whaley-style move to go up and grab another ACC quarterback who was highly productive but has issues about the system. (Gulp.) The Bills give up a third-round pick to the Titans and swap fourth-round picks to make things more or less even.


I would think that the compensation would be more than a third and swap 4ths. I want at least a 2nd.


Whoever wrote that has never paid any attention to the NFL if they think a team would trade the #5 pick for the #10 and a 3rd. Especially if they know the other team is moving up for a QB


The Bills now owe Taylor a bunch of money because they didn't cut him, yes? Why would they draft a QB in the first, let alone trade up for one?
_________________
Jason McCourty
Wesley Woodyard
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ragevsuall17


Joined: 26 Jan 2005
Posts: 6861
Location: TX
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSS wrote:
deeluxx3 wrote:
lamont wrote:
cbssports.com mock.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2017-nfl-mock-draft-browns-and-bills-trade-into-top-five-to-grab-quarterbacks/

Trade #5 to Buffalo. Draft OJ Howard at # 10 and John Ross at #18.

Quote:
5. Buffalo Bills (via mock trade with Tennessee Titans; from Los Angeles Rams)

Deshaun Watson, QB, Clemson: Fearing that the Jets might want to nab Watson, the Bills make a bold, Doug Whaley-style move to go up and grab another ACC quarterback who was highly productive but has issues about the system. (Gulp.) The Bills give up a third-round pick to the Titans and swap fourth-round picks to make things more or less even.


I would think that the compensation would be more than a third and swap 4ths. I want at least a 2nd.


Whoever wrote that has never paid any attention to the NFL if they think a team would trade the #5 pick for the #10 and a 3rd. Especially if they know the other team is moving up for a QB


The Bills now owe Taylor a bunch of money because they didn't cut him, yes? Why would they draft a QB in the first, let alone trade up for one?


They restructured, and it's really a 1-year deal. Nothing stopping them from making an investment, if they feel whoever they're trading for is a possible answer and upgrade to Taylor.


As far as the trade, I don't think it'd fly either. And as much as teams will want to follow their chart (whether it's the same the public uses or not doesn't matter), there's more to play. Is there a player or players that teams are willing to make the move for (making it a seller's market)... or is a team wanting to get out because they don't love anyone at the pick (buyer's market)?

So say the Titans are convinced their top player on their board (or 2+ if various players are evenly rated) will be available at pick 10. What risk are they willing to take... and at what cost?

For example, say they have the typical Adams, Hooker, Foster, Lattimore, WR graded out about the same. One of those is guaranteed to be there at 10. Without receiving a better option, would the Titans be willing to take a high 3rd and a swap of picks (or future pick preferably) and still select a player they were considering at 5... (with an unmentioned added bonus of a slightly lesser salary)?

Without knowing the Titans' board for sure... without knowing what other offers are on the table... even a trade like that, that doesn't make sense to us on the surface... could work out for the Titans.
_________________
Excuse the typos, I'm usually posting from my phone... and I Swype!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bloeddyr


Joined: 31 Dec 2010
Posts: 513
Location: Aarhus, Denmark
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lance Zierlein with the worst mock draft of the year so far. Laughing Laughing

Quote:
#5 Haason Reddick, LB, Temple
Surprised? Reddick's outstanding athleticism and ability to play inside linebacker and roll outside to rush on third downs make him a flexible, ascending prospect.


Quote:
#18 Forrest Lamp, OG, Western Kentucky
The Titans need cornerback and wide receiver help, but they also need a quality guard as well, and Lamp is one of the safest offensive linemen in the draft.

_________________
NhTitan wrote:
Bloeddyr wrote:

Last year I was the Head Scout and the year before that, just a regular scout. But I'm game for whatever you need!

^^^
One of the best scouts in FFMD.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ttitansfan4life


Joined: 30 Dec 2009
Posts: 32989
Location: Delaware
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bloeddyr wrote:
Lance Zierlein with the worst mock draft of the year so far. Laughing Laughing

Quote:
#5 Haason Reddick, LB, Temple
Surprised? Reddick's outstanding athleticism and ability to play inside linebacker and roll outside to rush on third downs make him a flexible, ascending prospect.


Quote:
#18 Forrest Lamp, OG, Western Kentucky
The Titans need cornerback and wide receiver help, but they also need a quality guard as well, and Lamp is one of the safest offensive linemen in the draft.


I love Reddick. May be a slight reach to some but he's a stud and near right there with Foster as a prospect. I also love Lamp as a prospect and think he can play all 5 OL spots. No I don't want an OL in the 1st but that OL would be amazing. Likely replaces Kline at RG but our depth would be amazing. Reddick is riding on my list every day the more I watch him. He can literally play all over the field. He's versatile being able to cover, rush the passer, and make the tackles in space or behind the LOS. Do I want this draft? No but I applaud Lance for being different than the same usual players we've seen mocked to the Titans over and over.
_________________

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
KingTitan


Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 14789
Location: Nashville,TN
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bloeddyr wrote:
Lance Zierlein with the worst mock draft of the year so far. Laughing Laughing

Quote:
#5 Haason Reddick, LB, Temple
Surprised? Reddick's outstanding athleticism and ability to play inside linebacker and roll outside to rush on third downs make him a flexible, ascending prospect.


Quote:
#18 Forrest Lamp, OG, Western Kentucky
The Titans need cornerback and wide receiver help, but they also need a quality guard as well, and Lamp is one of the safest offensive linemen in the draft.


Reddick I'll actually take that. It's kinda high but I think he is going to be good.


OL in the 1st?

_________________
Proud member of the DARK SIDE. I've embraced Mike Murlarkey as my Head Coach.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bloeddyr


Joined: 31 Dec 2010
Posts: 513
Location: Aarhus, Denmark
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Bloeddyr wrote:
Lance Zierlein with the worst mock draft of the year so far. Laughing Laughing

Quote:
#5 Haason Reddick, LB, Temple
Surprised? Reddick's outstanding athleticism and ability to play inside linebacker and roll outside to rush on third downs make him a flexible, ascending prospect.


Quote:
#18 Forrest Lamp, OG, Western Kentucky
The Titans need cornerback and wide receiver help, but they also need a quality guard as well, and Lamp is one of the safest offensive linemen in the draft.


I love Reddick. May be a slight reach to some but he's a stud and near right there with Foster as a prospect. I also love Lamp as a prospect and think he can play all 5 OL spots. No I don't want an OL in the 1st but that OL would be amazing. Likely replaces Kline at RG but our depth would be amazing. Reddick is riding on my list every day the more I watch him. He can literally play all over the field. He's versatile being able to cover, rush the passer, and make the tackles in space or behind the LOS. Do I want this draft? No but I applaud Lance for being different than the same usual players we've seen mocked to the Titans over and over.


I like Reddick as well, but I want nothing to do with him at #5. I'm not even sure I want him at #18 (I wouldn't be mad, I'm just not going into the draft with Reddick at the top of my board at #18 ). I'm starting to really, really like Tyus Bowser out of Houston (if we manages to get a 2nd round pick somewhere), and he intrigues me just as much as Reddick.

I love Lamp. I think he can be a very, very good OG in the NFL (my OL evaluations is pretty much hit or miss, so take it for that it's worth Laughing ), but, IMO, we are close to be a good team. Kline did good last year and I'm only expecting him to be better in 2017 now that he's actually spending some time with OL prior to game 1, unlike last year. We have some glaring needs, that we need to take care of. Would Lamp be an upgrade? Probably, but considering how FA went, he still have some holes that needs to fixed, before improving on already decent/good parts of this team.
_________________
NhTitan wrote:
Bloeddyr wrote:

Last year I was the Head Scout and the year before that, just a regular scout. But I'm game for whatever you need!

^^^
One of the best scouts in FFMD.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gopherwrestler


Joined: 20 Jan 2014
Posts: 5571
Location: 'Sota
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bloeddyr wrote:

I love Lamp.



_________________

“Once you’ve wrestled, everything else in life is easy.”
-Dan Gable
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ttitansfan4life


Joined: 30 Dec 2009
Posts: 32989
Location: Delaware
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gopherwrestler wrote:
Bloeddyr wrote:

I love Lamp.




Laughing

Gopher you sure you're not secretly a Titans fan after your latest mock? Absolutely amazing.
_________________

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group