Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mock Drafts from the Around the Web
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SARGO127

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bloeddyr wrote:
Charley Casserly released his first Mock Draft recently:

Quote:
5. Tennessee Titans (from Los Angeles Rams):
Jamal Adams, S, LSU: Adams has excellent cover skills and does not shy away as a run defender.

Quote:
23. Tennessee Titans (projected trade with the New York Giants)
Corey Davis, WR, Western Michigan: Marcus Mariota gets much-needed receiving help.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/mock-drafts/charley-casserly/335601

YES PLEASE
TheMonarch1110

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SARGO127 wrote:
Bloeddyr wrote:

Quote:
Jamal Adams, S, LSU: Adams has excellent cover skills and does not shy away as a run defender.

Quote:
Corey Davis, WR, Western Michigan: Marcus Mariota gets much-needed receiving help.

YES PLEASE

This is my favorite combo I have seen. Just hoping Davis' injury will push him down to 18.
latinoaustino

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheMonarch1110 wrote:
SARGO127 wrote:
Bloeddyr wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

YES PLEASE

This is my favorite combo I have seen. Just hoping Davis' injury will push him down to 18.

Please let this happen Pray Pray Pray
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've discussed double down scenarios including taking 2 FAs, 1 and 1's... or even double down in the draft with a 1st and a later pick (3rd)... but PFF's latest mock has us doubling down on CBs with 2 1st round picks.

I cannot overstate how undewhelming this is for me...

Even if we took care of WR and S via FA (even going top shelf with Jeffery and Jefferson)...

Quote:
5. Tennessee Titans (from Los Angeles Rams)

Teez Tabor, CB, Florida

It’s a prime opportunity for the Titans to re-shape their roster with their two first-round picks, and they start on the defensive side of the ball with Tabor. The cornerback class is loaded with talent and different styles, but Tabor may have the best ball skills in the class, as he’s recorded either an interception or a pass breakup on 26.5 percent of his targets. Whether playing press man or in “off” coverage, Tabor is a playmaker on the outside, even if his aggressiveness can get him into trouble at times.

18. Tennessee Titans

Tre’Davious White, CB, LSU

I’m fascinated by the possibility of the Titans doubling up at cornerback in the first round. Not only is it a position of need, but the class is deep and the best NFL teams roll three or four players strong at the position, so it’s a strategy that can re-shape the defense for years to come. After adding the playmaking Tabor earlier in the round, Tennessee stays in the SEC with White, who is capable of playing either on the outside or in the slot, and his 90.5 PFF overall grade led the nation at the position in 2016.
TitanSlim

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ragevsuall17 wrote:
We've discussed double down scenarios including taking 2 FAs, 1 and 1's... or even double down in the draft with a 1st and a later pick (3rd)... but PFF's latest mock has us doubling down on CBs with 2 1st round picks.

Even if we took care of WR and S via FA (even going top shelf with Jeffery and Jefferson)...

Quote:

Teez Tabor, CB, Florida

It’s a prime opportunity for the Titans to re-shape their roster with their two first-round picks, and they start on the defensive side of the ball with Tabor. The cornerback class is loaded with talent and different styles, but Tabor may have the best ball skills in the class, as he’s recorded either an interception or a pass breakup on 26.5 percent of his targets. Whether playing press man or in “off” coverage, Tabor is a playmaker on the outside, even if his aggressiveness can get him into trouble at times.

18. Tennessee Titans

I’m fascinated by the possibility of the Titans doubling up at cornerback in the first round. Not only is it a position of need, but the class is deep and the best NFL teams roll three or four players strong at the position, so it’s a strategy that can re-shape the defense for years to come. After adding the playmaking Tabor earlier in the round, Tennessee stays in the SEC with White, who is capable of playing either on the outside or in the slot, and his 90.5 PFF overall grade led the nation at the position in 2016.

The main reason it's underwhelming for me is that I think there are better CBs than those two. If we were to get Lattimore and Sidney Jones, then I'd be somewhat more tolerant towards doubling up at CBs. Still not the direction I'd personally go in.

#MTGA
titans0021

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ragevsuall17 wrote:

Quote:

Teez Tabor, CB, Florida

18. Tennessee Titans

Yeah, I just don't have any interest in doubling down with our first round picks. Even if I thought these were the two best corners in the class. If we take care of WR and S in free agency, I'm all-in on Foster at 5 and the best CB available at 18.

Props to mike23md on the sig
KingTitan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
ragevsuall17 wrote:

Quote:

Teez Tabor, CB, Florida

18. Tennessee Titans

Yeah, I just don't have any interest in doubling down with our first round picks. Even if I thought these were the two best corners in the class. If we take care of WR and S in free agency, I'm all-in on Foster at 5 and the best CB available at 18.

Not a fan of doubling down either, but I really hate it if it was these guys.

Lattimore and Sidney Jones...I'd do that if we did double down.
TitanSS

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regardless of the double down, I don't want a CB at #5.
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Jones and Lattimore at 18... just don't like either of them (or any CBs at 5).

In this latest mock, PFF has Foster going 2 to SF. While I still like Adams at 5, I'm leaning back on the Foster or trade down mentality. As long as we stay in the top 13 or so, we should come away with one of Adams, Foster, Williams, or Davis... even one of those top 2 CBs on the lower end of that range.

With CB being such a huge need... the biggest... I really want to like a CB at 5. I just don't... don't see the value there... don't see the clear favorite. I see and understand Lattimore's potential... but I also see a lack of experience that relied a lot on an incredible secondary.

In FA, I have similar reservations about Bouye. I'm scared away by the one year/contract year performance. Looking at his stat sheet, it looks like he played significant snaps and had at least a decent statistical season in 2014, but the Texans were so unimpressed that they extended Joseph, gave Jackson 34M, and drafted a CB in the 1st... all in that same offseason. Now they're choosing to not tag him, even though they have an easy out in an aging Joseph. But yet, I'm supposed to be ok with the Titans giving him a Janoris-like contract? I'm very uneasy about that... about as much if not more so than taking a CB at 5.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with most of you. I don't think a CB at #5 is smart value wise. I think Robinson knows that too. The corner you get at #5 isn't other worldy better than a guy you could get in the middle of the 1st, or even in the 2nd.

While I think Lattimore is the best one of the bunch, I don't think he is #5 worthy. While, I think it's kinda clear cut he is the best one, I can see room for debate about it.

I would rather get one with the later of the 1st round picks and then get another one in the 3rd, if we were to "double down" on the position high in the draft. Corners as deep as the later 3rd round could starters in this draft.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ragevsuall17 wrote:
In FA, I have similar reservations about Bouye. I'm scared away by the one year/contract year performance. Looking at his stat sheet, it looks like he played significant snaps and had at least a decent statistical season in 2014, but the Texans were so unimpressed that they extended Joseph, gave Jackson 34M, and drafted a CB in the 1st... all in that same offseason. Now they're choosing to not tag him, even though they have an easy out in an aging Joseph. But yet, I'm supposed to be ok with the Titans giving him a Janoris-like contract? I'm very uneasy about that... about as much if not more so than taking a CB at 5.

I'm with you on Bouye. While I'd love to have him, but I'm not sure about at the price he will be asking.

I know it's not my money. I'm just weary.

I don't know if Robinson will spend BIG money on anyone. I'll believe it when I see it. I think he will one day take a calculated risk on someone, but I don't know if it will be this FA period.

I can see him paying some GOOD money to a guy like Ryan, where it's like $6-7 Million per year. That's FA money. But to pay Bouye or Trumaine Johnson $12-13 per year, I dunno.
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
ragevsuall17 wrote:

I'm with you on Bouye. While I'd love to have him, but I'm not sure about at the price he will be asking.

I know it's not my money. I'm just weary.

I don't know if Robinson will spend BIG money on anyone. I'll believe it when I see it. I think he will one day take a calculated risk on someone, but I don't know if it will be this FA period.

I can see him paying some GOOD money to a guy like Ryan, where it's like $6-7 Million per year. That's FA money. But to pay Bouye or Trumaine Johnson $12-13 per year, I dunno.

Glad I'm not the only one... I know some posters are all about spending the money... I understand the frustration... but I also understand that just throwing bad contracts around will come back and bite us later when we're trying to extend our own guys.

I'm not against the team spending 60M on a CB... I just want to make sure it's not a bad signing... don't spend the money just for the sake of spending it. I'm not saying Bouye is a slam dunk bad signing... but the 1 year of productivity combined with the Texans' treatment of his impending departure has me concerned.
Bloeddyr

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Latest Walter Campbell Mock is pretty decent for us!

Quote:
5. Tennessee Titans: Jamal Adams, S, LSU
The Titans made great strides in 2016, and they figure to keep improving, thanks to this selection. Owning the No. 5 overall pick because of the Rams' incompetence, Tennessee wouldn't be in a position to snatch a blue-chip safety prospect if they never moved down last year. That, however, is the case, as the Titans won one of the most lopsided trades in NFL history.

It was going to be a tight race between Jamal Adams and Malik Hooker to see who the No. 1 safety prospect would be. However, as Charlie Campbell first reported, Malik Hooker is out 4-6 months after two surgeries. Adams, meanwhile, didn't have a great combine, but the Titans like the safeties better than the cornerbacks, so I'm going to stick with Adams at No. 5 overall.

Quote:
18. Tennessee Titans: O.J. Howard, TE, Alabama
Delanie Walker has had some great years with the Titans, but he turns 33 in August and will be set to make about $6 million in 2018, so Tennessee could take O.J. Howard as the best player available and groom him for a year behind Walker, much like the Chargers have done with Hunter Henry playing behind and alongside Antonio Gates. Howard blew up the Senior Bowl and seems like he'd be a great fit in Tennessee.

Quote:
83. Tennessee Titans: Charles Harris, DE/OLB, Missouri
You can never have too many pass-rushers, so why not obtain a great value like Charles Harris in the third round? Harris really struggled at the combine, but he's definitely worth taking at this juncture.

Quote:
100. Tennessee Titans: Jourdan Lewis, CB, Michigan
The Titans, as mentioned, have major problems in their secondary, so I think they'd have to be thrilled if they can get both an elite safety and a promising cornerback prospect with their two picks in the first round. If not, a solid cornerback can be chosen in the third frame.

Quote:
125. Tennessee Titans: Cordrea Tankersley, CB, Clemson
Given their major problems at cornerback, the Titans could choose to double up on the position in the first four rounds.

Last year I was the Head Scout and the year before that, just a regular scout. But I'm game for whatever you need!

^^^
One of the best scouts in FFMD.
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So USA Today just posted this mock... not for the faint of heart... lol

Quote:
5. Tennessee Titans (from Los Angeles Rams) — John Ross, WR, Washington: His draft stock may be moving even faster than his legs. Ross was also projected to Tennessee in our previous mock draft, but the Titans may no longer be able to wait until the 18th pick to secure his services. Just imagine how his combine record 4.22 40 speed would impact an offense that can bludgeon teams on the ground but currently doesn't have a deep threat to really make defenses pay for loading up against RBs DeMarco Murray and Derrick Henry. QB Marcus Mariota has the accuracy and arm strength to leverage Ross' wheels on quick hitters or on deep routes. Ross would also enhance Tennessee's return game.

18. Titans — Jabrill Peppers, S, Michigan: His willingness to work out at both linebacker and defensive back at the combine showcased an impressive competitive streak and is also a microcosm of Peppers' versatility — which includes return skills and the ability to fill in at tailback in a pinch (probably a skill the Titans won't need). Still, after packing 13 additional pounds onto his frame (without any apparent reduction in quickness), Peppers appears primed to effectively line up all over the field regardless of down and distance.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ragevsuall17 wrote:
So USA Today just posted this mock... not for the faint of heart... lol

Quote:
5. Tennessee Titans (from Los Angeles Rams) — John Ross, WR, Washington: His draft stock may be moving even faster than his legs. Ross was also projected to Tennessee in our previous mock draft, but the Titans may no longer be able to wait until the 18th pick to secure his services. Just imagine how his combine record 4.22 40 speed would impact an offense that can bludgeon teams on the ground but currently doesn't have a deep threat to really make defenses pay for loading up against RBs DeMarco Murray and Derrick Henry. QB Marcus Mariota has the accuracy and arm strength to leverage Ross' wheels on quick hitters or on deep routes. Ross would also enhance Tennessee's return game.

18. Titans — Jabrill Peppers, S, Michigan: His willingness to work out at both linebacker and defensive back at the combine showcased an impressive competitive streak and is also a microcosm of Peppers' versatility — which includes return skills and the ability to fill in at tailback in a pinch (probably a skill the Titans won't need). Still, after packing 13 additional pounds onto his frame (without any apparent reduction in quickness), Peppers appears primed to effectively line up all over the field regardless of down and distance.

So a Mike Reinfeldt or Ruston Webster Draft basically.
Speed and Potential.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: