Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mock Drafts from the Around the Web
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dionysus

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
TEs just aren't flashy enough for me to get excited about one in R1. Laughing

I really understand that, but that's the advantage of having a QB like Mariota. He can make a TE into a luxury pick because he can make anybody into a weapon, especially if they can create mismatches.
titans0021

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dane Brugler/CBS Sports:

Quote:
5. Tennessee Titans (from Los Angeles)
Jamal Adams, SS, LSU: With a top-five pick, the Titans need to first and foremost add a difference-maker and Adams has that type of ability patrolling the secondary.

Quote:
18. Tennessee Titans
Corey Davis, WR, Western Michigan: The Titans have plenty of bodies on the wide receiver depth chart, but no true difference-maker. Davis is one of the most prolific wideouts in college football history and is the complete package as a receiver.

Props to mike23md on the sig
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
Dane Brugler/CBS Sports:

Quote:
Jamal Adams, SS, LSU: With a top-five pick, the Titans need to first and foremost add a difference-maker and Adams has that type of ability patrolling the secondary.

Quote:
18. Tennessee Titans
Corey Davis, WR, Western Michigan: The Titans have plenty of bodies on the wide receiver depth chart, but no true difference-maker. Davis is one of the most prolific wideouts in college football history and is the complete package as a receiver.

That might be about as beautiful as it gets... I prefer Foster at 5, but Adams is a great 1b.... and based on projections, I can't think of a better prospect and fit for us than Davis at 18.
TitanTuff

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Robinson's successful free agency pickups last year (Murray, Jones), I am very interested in seeing if he can pick up an elite WR or someone for our secondary.

If we can get a FA WR, I would love the idea of our 1st two selections going to our secondary. A nice gift for LeBeau in the twilight of his incredible career.

2016 Adopt-a-Titan
MTSU's Kevin Byard
Sebastian Tretola
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanTuff wrote:
With Robinson's successful free agency pickups last year (Murray, Jones), I am very interested in seeing if he can pick up an elite WR or someone for our secondary.

If we can get a FA WR, I would love the idea of our 1st two selections going to our secondary. A nice gift for LeBeau in the twilight of his incredible career.

I don't think there are any elite WRs available in FA. Jeffery's good, but not elite... he's never finished top 5 in any single category any single year, and only once did he finish a season in the top 10 in yards and/or receptions. I also don't consider Pryor elite, and something about him makes me want to stay away. It might be a moot point, since I think Cleveland shifts all their focus to him now that they've secured Collins (franchise tag could be used)

I think any receiver Robinson brings in via FA will be a complementary piece... maybe he can strike gold with a mid tier signing like he did last year...

CB is the position I think we'll get a bonafide starter. There are about 8 FA CBs that are solid (or better). I know the Ryan connection was made earlier in the offseason, and he could be a target... but there is some talent after Johnson and Buoye. Barring a run at Berry (if available), CB is probably where we make the biggest splash in FA.
TitanSlim

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WalterFootball's latest mocks are....

Walter Cherepinsky's
1(5)-Jamal Adams-S
1(1Cool-Corey Davis-WR
3-Cam Sutton-CB
3-Bucky Hodges-TE
4-Kevin King-CB

Charlie Campbell's
1(5)-Marlon Humphrey-CB
1(1Cool-Mike Williams-WR
3-Chad Hansen-WR
3-Bucky Hodges's-TE

Cherepinsky's mock is pretty much ideal for me while Campbell's is just "yuck".

#MTGA
Joined Deshaun Watson bandwagon-9/27/14
-Hope-

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
Dane Brugler/CBS Sports:

Quote:

Quote:
18. Tennessee Titans

oh lordy yes please

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
Dane Brugler/CBS Sports:

Quote:

Quote:
18. Tennessee Titans

Man if we pulled that off, I would have hair standing up in places that I didn't even know could grow hair.
TitanTuff

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ragevsuall17 wrote:

I don't think there are any elite WRs available in FA. ..
CB is the position I think we'll get a bonafide starter. There are about 8 FA CBs that are solid (or better).

If this is the case, then we have no choice but the draft.

2016 Adopt-a-Titan
MTSU's Kevin Byard
Sebastian Tretola
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanTuff wrote:
ragevsuall17 wrote:

I don't think there are any elite WRs available in FA. ..
CB is the position I think we'll get a bonafide starter. There are about 8 FA CBs that are solid (or better).

If this is the case, then we have no choice but the draft.

Unless they decide that a couple of solid mid tier options are enough. Matthews and Delanie had good seasons last year (tbc, Delanie is a top notch TE, but puts up mid-tier WR stats). They could feel that adding another WR in that similar range is enough, giving us 3 solid options (plus Murray coming out of the backfield). If we're looking at Robinson in his NEP days, when did they have an elite/dominant WR outside of Moss? It's typically been a rotating door at WR there. Then of course, there's the opposite... Evans taken 7th during Robinson's time at TB, and Jones taken 6th during Mularkey's time as Atlanta's OC.

Here are both their measurables, fwiw...

Evans
Ht............... Wt... Arm length... Hand size... 40-yd dash... 10-yd split... 20-yd split.... 20-ss... 3-cone... Vert ... Broad... BP
6 ft 4 in... 231 lb... 35 1/8 in....9 5/8 in........ 4.53 s........... 1.60 s.......... 2.59 s....... 4.26 s... 7.08 s... 37.0 in... - .... 12 reps

Jones
Ht....................Wt... Arm length... Hand size... 40-yd dash... 10-yd split... 20-yd split... 20-ss... 3-cone...... Vert...... Broad.......... BP
6 ft 2 3/4 in... 220 lb... 33 in......... 9 in........ 4.39 s................ - ................ - ............... - ........ 6.66 s... 38 in... 11 ft 3 in.... 17 reps

Corey Davis has similar size to Jones. If his Pro Day and Combine results come in close to what Jones' were, he'll go in the top 10.
deeluxx3

Hot Shot Crew
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming his stock continues to rise (not saying it's not already very high), it's gotta be becoming more and more unlikely that Davis won't last until 18, right? The consensus #1, 1b at worst, WR in the draft is going to be gone before then, I'd assume.

RIP Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
RIP Steve "Air" McNair...the greatest Titan of all-time
TitanSlim

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deeluxx3 wrote:
Assuming his stock continues to rise (not saying it's not already very high), it's gotta be becoming more and more unlikely that Davis won't last until 18, right? The consensus #1, 1b at worst, WR in the draft is going to be gone before then, I'd assume.

I doubt it. I could see the Bills, Cardinals or Eagles all taking him before us, and that's not assuming a team like the Bucs or even the Cowboys don't trade up.

If he kills the combine, I have no problem picking him at 5. I still like Mike Williams too, but I feel Davis is the perfect WR to complement Mariota.

#MTGA
Joined Deshaun Watson bandwagon-9/27/14
KingTitan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's Corey Davis all day every day for me.

He wasn't at a bigger school because of academics and rough home life.

If he went to say, Pitt or even like Illinois he'd be top 5.
I understand how people love Williams' size and 50/50 catch ability, but man Davis does it all.
Bloeddyr

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charley Casserly released his first Mock Draft recently:

Quote:
5. Tennessee Titans (from Los Angeles Rams):
Jamal Adams, S, LSU: Adams has excellent cover skills and does not shy away as a run defender.

Quote:
23. Tennessee Titans (projected trade with the New York Giants)
Corey Davis, WR, Western Michigan: Marcus Mariota gets much-needed receiving help.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/mock-drafts/charley-casserly/335601

Last year I was the Head Scout and the year before that, just a regular scout. But I'm game for whatever you need!

^^^
One of the best scouts in FFMD.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bloeddyr wrote:
Charley Casserly released his first Mock Draft recently:

Quote:
5. Tennessee Titans (from Los Angeles Rams):
Jamal Adams, S, LSU: Adams has excellent cover skills and does not shy away as a run defender.

Quote:
23. Tennessee Titans (projected trade with the New York Giants)
Corey Davis, WR, Western Michigan: Marcus Mariota gets much-needed receiving help.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/mock-drafts/charley-casserly/335601

Don't hate this at all.

It's pretty perfect. Trade down and still get Davis? I'll take that all day everyday.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: