Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mock Drafts from the Around the Web
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:54 pm    Post subject: Mock Drafts from the Around the Web Reply with quote

Peter King from CNNSI

Quote:
No. 5 Tennessee Titans (from Los Angeles): Marlon Humphrey, CB, Alabama
General manager Jon Robinson has built an offensive supporting cast that has allowed Marcus Mariota flourish. The run game is excellentóthe offensive line is stout and Tennessee has the talented one-two running back punch every team covets. The only thing missing is a go-to-target in the receiving corps. This is a team in dire need of a WR1, so Clemsonís Mike Williams makes a lot of sense. However I think Robinson will wait and be rewarded (with the luxury of two top-20 picks). Instead, Tennessee will shore up its secondary with a stud cornerback in Humphrey.

(My take) I don't think there is a consensus #1 CB... Humphrey is going to be one of the top ones on some people's list, further down on others. My biggest issue is.... is he that much better than the #2 CB? He was the first and only CB taken in the first 23 picks. If we stay at 5, I can't see us going CB with the solid depth and lack of consensus top CB available)

Quote:
No. 18 Tennessee Titans: Corey Davis, WR, Western Michigan
I mentioned how Marcus Mariota needs a go-to target (especially one he can grow with). Mariota, meet your guy. Davis was one of my favorite players among those I profiled this season. Heís a 6' 2", 205-pound, polished route runner with outstanding hands and the athleticism for the next level. Had Davis declared for the NFL in 2015, one scout told me he could have gone late first round. His stock definitely didnít sink after a stellar senior campaign.

(My take) Can't complain here. Williams slipped down to 14, and Ross went 17. In the actual draft, the WR run may start earlier. If Robinson trades down from 5, he may have to go WR earlier to secure his top prospect at the position.
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sports Illustrated, Chris Burke

Quote:
5. Reuben Foster
LB, Alabama
(Pick via Los Angeles) Foster is a special talent. Linebacker may not be the Titansí most pressing need, but it is a need, especially when weíre talking about a potential defensive centerpiece. There arenít a lot of linebackers out there who can be equally effective playing the run, dropping in zone or matching up with a RB or TE. Foster has that skill level. Heíll be a long-term defensive anchor in the NFL.

(My take)... Allen goes 4, Adams 6, and Williams 7. I wouldn't be upset with any of those picks at 5... Foster may give us something we've never had before... that elite player and playmaker in the middle of the field.

Quote:
18. Marshon Lattimore
CB, Ohio State
Comparing Lattimore just to his Buckeyes teammate and fellow draft hopeful at CB, Gareon Conley, sort of ignores the other dozen or so corners with realistic Round 1 hopes. Should Lattimore emerge from the pack (and separate from Conley), itíll be thanks to his combination of size and willingness to play a physical game for 60 minutes. Rugged man-to-man CBs that want to be involved against the run are rare.

(My take)... Davis goes 16, Ross goes 19. These seems like the more logical area to take a CB... and Lattimore seems as good a choice as any at this point (Wilson was the only CB taken at this point at 12, and 4 more go from picks 24 to 32)
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBS Sports, Dane Brugler

Quote:
5. Tennessee Titans (from Los Angeles)

Jamal Adams, SS, LSU: With a top-five pick, Tennessee needs to first and foremost add a difference-maker, and Adams has that type of ability patrolling the secondary.

(My take)... so far, its remained consistent with 2 QBs, Garret and Allen going in the top 4. This time we take Adams as the BPA. Again no issues whatsoever with this pick.

Quote:
18. Tennessee Titans

John Ross, WR, Washington: The Titans have plenty of bodies on the wide receiver depth chart, but no true difference-maker. Ross has elite speed, but it is his polished routes that allow him to create separation and make plays.

Davis goes with the next pick... and Ross/Davis is going to be one of the most talked discussed comparisons on this site for the next few months.
TheMonarch1110

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a Western Michigan alum, I REALLY want Corey Davis at 18.
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Washington Post, John Harris

Quote:
5. Tennessee Titans (via L.A. Rams 4-12) ó Marlon Humphrey, CB, Alabama**

The Titans are one of the biggest surprises in the league and arrived a year earlier than most expected. If thereís a weakness on the defensive side of the ball, though, itís at corner. Humphrey could step in right away and make an impact for this - LeBeau-led defense that finished 30th in the league in pass defense. Receiver will come next.

(My notes and take)... again... Garrett, 2 QBs, and Allen go in the first 4... Hooker and Peppers go before Adams, who slips to 17... he's got CBs going earlier than other mocks so far... Wilson going 6, Tabor going 11, Adoree going 13(!?), and Jones going 14. EVen with this early run in CBs, I'd rather not go CB at 5 (if we stay). Too much depth at CB and too many impact players at other positions.

Quote:
18. Tennessee Titans (9-7) ó Mike Williams, WR, Clemson

Rookie Tajae Sharpe was a gem that GM Jon Robinson found on Day 3 of the 2016 draft; however, the Titans donít have a true go-to, No. 1 type threat. Williams will be that guy for Marcus Mariota in Nashville . . . if he makes it all the way to No. 18.

(My take)... With the early run on CBs, some players drop, including the entire WR group... We land Williams at 18, which would be a huge get at this point. Davis goes 28 and Ross is out out of the 1st.
TitanSS

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really care for Ross. Not interested in him in the first round at all.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSS wrote:

Me either. He was pushed around by the NFL like DB's of Alabama. He will be limited in the NFL it seems. Maybe nothing but a slot guy.
And that's fine, but not first round top 10-20 worthy.
Dionysus

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheMonarch1110 wrote:

You're not alone here. I wouldn't be upset about taking Mike Williams, but I prefer Corey Davis all day. Dude's got some serious breakaway speed to go along with his size, and that's what we need. He would be that burner who can take the top off defenses for us, or make big plays out of nothing.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:
TheMonarch1110 wrote:

You're not alone here. I wouldn't be upset about taking Mike Williams, but I prefer Corey Davis all day. Dude's got some serious breakaway speed to go along with his size, and that's what we need. He would be that burner who can take the top off defenses for us, or make big plays out of nothing.

Yes. Corey Davis seems to be more of a complete WR. Make the contested catch and also enough speed to pull away.
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
TitanSS wrote:

Me either. He was pushed around by the NFL like DB's of Alabama. He will be limited in the NFL it seems. Maybe nothing but a slot guy.
And that's fine, but not first round top 10-20 worthy.

Of course we don't want another Wright with a top 20 pick... even if it's Wright with a little more speed. Ross is someone that will definitely have that pre draft magnifying glass on him. Some guy (NFL Draft Insider) on twitter stated that Ross' ceiling is Antonio Brown, and his floor is Tyler Locket. I've seen other articles that mention the same AB comparisons... in an AB/DJax blend. Those are lofty comparisons... but not ones I can agree or disagree with yet. If he gets close to that reported 4.25 40 that he put out before this season, it won't matter because he'll go before our 18th pick.

So far, at least in Titania, it seems Davis is the forum darling, and Ross is the one no one likes. Right now I'd say I'd be happy with any of those 3 1st round receivers... especially at 18 or lower. I was very high on Treadwell last year, thought he would go in and immediately make an impact... so I'm obviously not the best WR evaluator... but I'll still review anything I can get my hands on so I have a better idea on these and the other top WR prospects.

Also, if anyone finds other "expert" mocks, please post the Titans picks here. I don't have Insider so I couldn't get my hands on anything ESPN, so if you all could share our picks, I'd be very much appreciated. (NFL.com hasn't put anything of substance out yet...)
Bloeddyr

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Latest 4th round Mock Draft from Walterfootball:

Quote:
5 - Tennessee Titans - Malik Hooker, S, Ohio State

The Titans had to be thrilled when they learned that Malik Hooker declared for the draft. Owning the No. 5 overall pick because of the Rams' incompetence, Tennessee wasn't exactly in a position to snatch a blue-chip safety prospect with this selection. That's no longer the case in th wake of Hooker's decision.

Hooker has drawn comparisons to Ed Reed for his instincts and play-making ability, and he would be a welcome addition to a Tennessee defense that struggled mightily against the pass in 2016.

Quote:
18 - Tennessee Titans - Jalen Tabor, CB, Florida

The Titans, as mentioned, have major problems in their secondary, so I think they'd have to be thrilled to select both an elite safety and a promising cornerback prospect with their two picks in the first round. Jalen Tabor's stock has dropped a bit, but he's still definitely worth taking close to the end of the top 20.

Quote:
69 - Tennessee Titans - Damore'a Stringfellow, WR, Ole Miss

Rishard Matthews has been a pleasant surprise for the Titans, but they still need another receiver with Kendall Wright once again falling out of favor with the coaching staff.

Quote:
83 - Tennessee Titans - Bucky Hodges, TE, Virginia Tech

Delanie Walker turns 33 this offseason, so the Titans might have interest in adding a successor.

Quote:
114 - Tennessee Titans - Alex Anzalone, LB, Florida

Sean Spence is an impending free agent, while Wesley Woodyard and Avery Williamson have expiring contracts the following year. Thus, the Titans will want to add depth to their linebacking corps.

Last year I was the Head Scout and the year before that, just a regular scout. But I'm game for whatever you need!

^^^
One of the best scouts in FFMD.
Bloeddyr

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ragevsuall17 wrote:

Also, if anyone finds other "expert" mocks, please post the Titans picks here. I don't have Insider so I couldn't get my hands on anything ESPN, so if you all could share our picks, I'd be very much appreciated. (NFL.com hasn't put anything of substance out yet...)

Todd McShays 1st Mock Draft:

Quote:
5. Tennessee Titans (from Los Angeles Rams) - Marshon Lattimore, CB, Ohio State

The Titans have the good fortune of not needing to even consider a quarterback with the pick they received in the Jared Goff trade. Lattimore could use some more game experience, but if he leaves Columbus early, CB-needy teams such as the Titans could be enticed by the natural talent he has displayed on the perimeter in his first year as a starter.

Quote:
17. Tennessee Titans - John Ross, WR, Washington

Ross has always had great speed, but he improved his route running this year and saw immediate dividends with a 17-touchdown season. If he runs as fast as expected at the NFL combine, he could very well be a first-rounder.

Last year I was the Head Scout and the year before that, just a regular scout. But I'm game for whatever you need!

^^^
One of the best scouts in FFMD.
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bloeddyr wrote:
ragevsuall17 wrote:

Todd McShays 1st Mock Draft:

Quote:
5. Tennessee Titans (from Los Angeles Rams) - Marshon Lattimore, CB, Ohio State

The Titans have the good fortune of not needing to even consider a quarterback with the pick they received in the Jared Goff trade. Lattimore could use some more game experience, but if he leaves Columbus early, CB-needy teams such as the Titans could be enticed by the natural talent he has displayed on the perimeter in his first year as a starter.

Quote:
17. Tennessee Titans - John Ross, WR, Washington

Ross has always had great speed, but he improved his route running this year and saw immediate dividends with a 17-touchdown season. If he runs as fast as expected at the NFL combine, he could very well be a first-rounder.

I've seen Lattimore as one of those 12 potential 1st riff CBs... but this may be the first time I see him mentioned as the top CB, and a top 5 pick.

I think some would lose their minds with that combo of picks...
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walterfootballs draft:

I'm not as high on Hooker as others. People love his big time INT #s and that's great but I see a safety who's soft. Time and time again I see a safety looking to avoid contact. Also some of his tackling angles are borderline Michael Griffin. Don't get me wrong, his range and playmaking ability are up there but I don't see top 10 talent(that's Adams to me). Hooker is someone who'd fit better at that 18th pick. If teams want to overreach for him, let them do it. Tabor is a good prospect but is a gambler. I think he'll make a good pro but not a great one. Way too high for Stringfellow. Solid pick with Hodges although I don't think he'll ever be an inline TE and his hands are worrisome. I'm intrigued by Alzalone.

As for McShay's:

Starting to love Lattimore. He's up there for me as one of my top CBs. His coverage skills are pretty damn good. May be the best cover corner in the draft. Would definitely like him to play the run better though. Whiffs far too often on tackles. As for Ross, I don't really like him at all as a prospect. Physical CBs will bully him and we like our WRs to be able to block. Don't see that in Ross at all. Speed is nice but it's not everything. Plus the injuries he's had in his career are not exactly encouraging.

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
TheMonarch1110

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
Dionysus wrote:
TheMonarch1110 wrote:

Yes. Corey Davis seems to be more of a complete WR. Make the contested catch and also enough speed to pull away.

His size/speed is very comparable to AJ Green. Parts of their game looks similar from time to time.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: