Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Which free agents should we keep?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cardsfan1121 wrote:
I think its possible we resign Jones, Campbell, Jefferson, Gresham and Swearinger. I believe Calais just wants a fair deal (not break the bank), same for gresham. These are honestly the only 5 guys i want back (possibly Minter). Everyone else on this FA list is replacable.

I dont expect Rucker, C. Johnson, Ellington, Shipley, Minter back in az

It is if we want to field a team with only 43 players

#JDI
Cards_FTW

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cardsfan1121 wrote:
I think its possible we resign Jones, Campbell, Jefferson, Gresham and Swearinger. I believe Calais just wants a fair deal (not break the bank), same for gresham. These are honestly the only 5 guys i want back (possibly Minter). Everyone else on this FA list is replacable.

Not saying we can't as no one knows the numbers we are looking at, but hard to believe we'd be able to sign anyone else of ANY value(probably have to cut Bethel and Branch to fill out the roster with minimum contracts). So going into the draft you'd be looking at Boehm/Wetzel as the starting C/RG with Toner/Boggs as the depth, Gabe Martin as starting ILB, and Brandon Williams as the uncontested #2 corner. Still a hole at receiver too.
Krytter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:22 am    Post subject: If Fitz retire Reply with quote

What if Fitz retire, will we get all $15.850.000 (Overthecap) back? - and will he even make that decision before free agency starts?
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cardsfan1121 wrote:

Not feasible, by any reasonable consideration for what it or is not a "fair deal" for us to sign all five of these players. We'd be EXTREMELY lucky to sign three of them.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:26 am    Post subject: Re: If Fitz retire Reply with quote

Krytter wrote:
What if Fitz retire, will we get all $15.850.000 (Overthecap) back? - and will he even make that decision before free agency starts?

Yes, we would. Unfortunately, while this helps the financial side of the roster configuration, it will cripple our in-field product.
Cardsfan1121

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is feasible, do i expect them all to resign ? No

Its all a guessing game until these guys start signing. One thing we all know for certain is Jones will be a cardinal next yr.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cardsfan1121 wrote:
It is feasible, do i expect them all to resign ? No

Its all a guessing game until these guys start signing. One thing we all know for certain is Jones will be a cardinal next yr.

No, it isn't feasible. Not if you view market trends and apply the logic. The only way it's feasible is if multiple players sign below market deals, which kinda eliminates the thought of these guys inking "fair deals".
Iowa Birdgang

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What does everyone think about Kevin Minter?
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iowa Birdgang wrote:
What does everyone think about Kevin Minter?

Really won't cost much to bring him back. He's been an alright two down linebacker for us, so I don't really see why we shouldn't bring him back. Even if it's just for depth reasons.

#JDI
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, I need to know Kevin Minter opinions. I freaking love the guy, tried to bring him back in a GM mock I'm in but he just got a $5.2M contract. I am just making sure that I am not crazy in thinking thats a ridiculous amount. I offered 900k a year, so safe to say I lost the bid. But I couldn't imagine he actually gets more that 2M per year, right?

#JDI
Cards_FTW

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuckyNumber11 wrote:
Guys, I need to know Kevin Minter opinions. I freaking love the guy, tried to bring him back in a GM mock I'm in but he just got a $5.2M contract. I am just making sure that I am not crazy in thinking thats a ridiculous amount. I offered 900k a year, so safe to say I lost the bid. But I couldn't imagine he actually gets more that 2M per year, right?

Hard to say what Minter will get. He's a 2 down thumper who does that job well but lacks the athletic ability to play coverage and injuries were a major problem early in his career. His agent will probably sell him as the leader in the middle of an elite defense, as he is the sideline communicator and I do think its fair to say he's a leader. He's replaceable though, quite easily replaceable. All he needs to do is convince one team he's something more and he could be talking 10+M guaranteed. He's not that player IMO. Couple million per year for a couple years? No issue. He's a starter and a leader. But he's nothing special and given his injury problems early on I'd be wary of giving him significant term.

Basically the same way I feel about Gresham, or even Cooper. Short term players who can fill roles at an acceptable level but aren't building blocks. Rucker's similar but at his age term won't be an issue, he's not getting it.

Look what we gave Tyvon Branch last year.
Iowa Birdgang

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is way too much for Minter.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

La Canfora said the Ravens might be interested in bringing Jefferson in to pair with Weddle. I know, the source is dubious at best but what would Arizona fans think of that combination? Personally I don't really see it as both are strong safeties. Eric can play a bit more down the field but he's best being versatile closer to the LOS.
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
La Canfora said the Ravens might be interested in bringing Jefferson in to pair with Weddle. I know, the source is dubious at best but what would Arizona fans think of that combination? Personally I don't really see it as both are strong safeties. Eric can play a bit more down the field but he's best being versatile closer to the LOS.

It's hard to say how he would do. Our scheme basically calls for four safeties and two playing as linebackers essentially so I'm not sure how Jefferson does in another scheme

#JDI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: