Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Finding an Identity on Offense Mock Offseason
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Idzik4president

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this mock draft is so bad.

Jets trade Sheldon Richardson for Lael Collins...

--> I mean what planet does Bobby live on?

--> what kush kush is Bobby smoking....

I'm not sure Bobby even knows who Bobby is right now.

R,
Johnny Idzik
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barnaby8787 wrote:
Rockice_8 wrote:
CorcoranGallery wrote:
I love the offseason. I think cordea is alittle overrated and I'd rather grab him if he drops to the 3rd round. Ultimately our second rounder is so close to that first round, and I would hope we don't swing and miss there. I think that pick is a prime spot to grab an offensive lineman.. as I think many people don't value some of the OLs as top 20-25 picks, I mean even some people believe cam Robinson is vastly overrated.

If that trade happened with Dallas I would be pumped. But everyone still over values Richardson. I'm not denying he has talent, but people need to realize that guy is (1) strike away from being suspended for a year. He continuously is a head case and with everything that has happened to randy Gregory , there is no way Dallas gambles on anyone like Richardson especially with a guy like Collins... absolutely not a chance this happens.

I thought if he was good this year Richardson went back to no strikes? Basically a clean slate if he got through this probationary year.
Might be wrong, but I always though that strikes were for a life time. Meaning, if he's clean, but 5 years from now gets popped for something, he gets suspended for a year.

Richardson will be out of the drug program after this season. He hasn't had a drug related issue (and been convicted) in 2 years

per NFL Policy and Program on Substances of Abuse

Quote:
A Player will remain in Stage Two for 24 months or two (2) full seasons, whichever is shorter, beginning from the later of his date of entry into Stage Two or the date of his violation within Stage Two. After 12 months in Stage Two, if the Player has not had any additional positive tests, within a reasonable time period, the Medical Director and Medical Advisor will assess the Player and decide whether he will be discharged at that time. Such determination shall be based on the Player’s compliance with the Program, clinical progress and negative testing record.
glenearl18

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fournette is not worth a top 10 pick and is absolutely NOT the most talented since AP. He's a good player. Worse prospect than Elliot.
Bobby816

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

glenearl18 wrote:
Fournette is not worth a top 10 pick and is absolutely NOT the most talented since AP. He's a good player. Worse prospect than Elliot.

I disagree obviously.
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rdelaney89 wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:
Rockice_8 wrote:
CorcoranGallery wrote:
I love the offseason. I think cordea is alittle overrated and I'd rather grab him if he drops to the 3rd round. Ultimately our second rounder is so close to that first round, and I would hope we don't swing and miss there. I think that pick is a prime spot to grab an offensive lineman.. as I think many people don't value some of the OLs as top 20-25 picks, I mean even some people believe cam Robinson is vastly overrated.

If that trade happened with Dallas I would be pumped. But everyone still over values Richardson. I'm not denying he has talent, but people need to realize that guy is (1) strike away from being suspended for a year. He continuously is a head case and with everything that has happened to randy Gregory , there is no way Dallas gambles on anyone like Richardson especially with a guy like Collins... absolutely not a chance this happens.

I thought if he was good this year Richardson went back to no strikes? Basically a clean slate if he got through this probationary year.
Might be wrong, but I always though that strikes were for a life time. Meaning, if he's clean, but 5 years from now gets popped for something, he gets suspended for a year.

Richardson will be out of the drug program after this season. He hasn't had a drug related issue (and been convicted) in 2 years

per NFL Policy and Program on Substances of Abuse

Quote:
A Player will remain in Stage Two for 24 months or two (2) full seasons, whichever is shorter, beginning from the later of his date of entry into Stage Two or the date of his violation within Stage Two. After 12 months in Stage Two, if the Player has not had any additional positive tests, within a reasonable time period, the Medical Director and Medical Advisor will assess the Player and decide whether he will be discharged at that time. Such determination shall be based on the Player’s compliance with the Program, clinical progress and negative testing record.
Yep, I was wrong, thanks for clarifying bud

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
glenearl18 wrote:

I disagree obviously.
I agree that he's talented and worth a top 10 pick, personally don't agree that he's the most talented since AP. I think Gurley was a better prospect. To get drafted at 10 after coming off a torn ACL as an RB is special.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barnaby8787 wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:
glenearl18 wrote:

I disagree obviously.
I agree that he's talented and worth a top 10 pick, personally don't agree that he's the most talented since AP. I think Gurley was a better prospect. To get drafted at 10 after coming off a torn ACL as an RB is special.
Gurley was a beast coming out. I think from a pure hype train he was more talked up than Fournette. That said watching the two of them I think Fournette is just as worthy of a high selection. I think Cook is going to be a freak on the next level but for some reason I have a hard time ranking him over Fournette. If we could drop back a few slots, add a 2nd or 3rd and take Cook I'd be all over it. I'm pretty happy with BPA when it comes to our pick even though I'm itching for a stud back.
Bobby816

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barnaby8787 wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:
glenearl18 wrote:

I disagree obviously.

Whenever this team has been good it's been bc we have a good run game. I don't see any mid round or late round guy and Powell making the running game a force with this team. But I do see it being the bread and butter with this team with Fournette and Powell. Upgrade LT and we have the basis for a great offense. It makes whoever is at qbs job quite a bit easier with those moves.
Bobby816

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rdelaney89 wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:
glenearl18 wrote:

I disagree obviously.
Gurley was a beast coming out. I think from a pure hype train he was more talked up than Fournette. That said watching the two of them I think Fournette is just as worthy of a high selection. I think Cook is going to be a freak on the next level but for some reason I have a hard time ranking him over Fournette. If we could drop back a few slots, add a 2nd or 3rd and take Cook I'd be all over it. I'm pretty happy with BPA when it comes to our pick even though I'm itching for a stud back.

For me I think both Fournette and Cook could both be better than Gurley or Elliott. Neither have weakness'. They run hard between the tackles, have speed and quickness, can catch the ball great and can pick up blocks. I really liked Gurley and Elliott but I had atleast 1 question about each of them, when I have none about Fournette or Cook.
glenearl18

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Either way I'm against drafting a RB in the top 10 unless you think it's an all time great (AP, LT, Sanders) or your team is already stacked.
Bobby816

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

glenearl18 wrote:
Either way I'm against drafting a RB in the top 10 unless you think it's an all time great (AP, LT, Sanders) or your team is already stacked.

Shell emerging helped this oline big time. Leaving finding a good LT as the only hole on this oline to make it a strength of this team. I think via trade or Ga we address that along with several holes on defense. This is what Macc likes to do in the offseason pre draft to set the team up to go BPA in the draft. And I 100% think Fournette is the best offensive player in this draft.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

glenearl18 wrote:

I agree with this 100%. However I also don't think Elliot was a better prospect than Fournette. Either way I wouldn't draft Fournette that high. It would be such a waste of a high pick. There are so many great backs we can get even in the 3rd. I think Malik Hooker would be a great addition to our defense and something we havent had since Kerry Rhodes.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
Bobby816

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me adding Fournette is my favorite pick at 6.

But that's only if we get a good LT via trade or FA. As well ascrrsign Winters and Johnson (or atleast get someone good at C). For me solidifying the oline should make us a run 1st team. I love Powell but he isn't gonna all of a sudden become the starter and rush for 1,300yds and receive for 500yds. His role is great as is. I agree we should use him more, but still as the 2nd guy behind someone. He and Fournette would be a nasty combo with a good oline. Why I like this even more is it helps whoever is at QB and takes pressure off of them. With no franchise QB this is perfect for long term success. I'm not saying we can be the Cowboys this year, but we can replicate them. Dak is in the perfect situation. He's not the next Tom Brady. But the Cowboys made Daks job easier by staying committed to the run and simplifying the passing game for him with big lanes to throw bc of play action and such. There's no reason why we can't replicate that with grabbing a good LT and Fournette. That would still leave quite a bit of money to address defense as well. Also would leave us few holes on offense.
Bobby816

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bumped for edit.

I also added a depth chart.
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the edit, the QB and CB situation scare me. Also, if we did somehow get La'el, he struggled at guard and was benched for Leary, which would make me have concerns of him starting at LT. Everything else works though.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: