Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Finding an Identity on Offense Mock Offseason
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfTheDot wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:
KingOfTheDot wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:
KingOfTheDot wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:
KingOfTheDot wrote:
Jerry Jones has the potential to add Richardson, Jaylon Smith and maybe even another young defender in the first round. I doubt he passes on that.

Collins fills a hole for us. We can focus on the secondary or pass rush off the edge as well maybe in the first 2 rounds.
And who's playing left guard for Jerry then? Jonathan Cooper? Come on now.

The guy who's playing LG now. Ronald Leary.
So they have to re-sign Leary and afford to pay Sheldon when they have no cap space and they have a handful of starters who are FA's.

Romo will be gone, they have some contracts they can restructure as wel. One of their fans did a breakdown.

If they were willing to trade a 3rd for Sheldon you think they're now concerned about the cap number?
I'm thinking they're less likely to give up a 3rd for him given his rough play and off-field issues since then and David Irving's play. I'm not saying they won't trade for him, I personally doubt they're giving anything of real value up for a guy with an 8 mil cap hit, off-field/lockerroom concerns, who didn't play well this year. I consider Collins/a 3rd round picks pretty valuable personally.

David Irving is not stopping them from adding a talented player

You're over analyzing his issues off the field. This is the Cowboys. Especially if they fail in the playoffs due to their defense.

Again they were willing to add him before nothing will likely change that unless they find someone better.
Again, we're going to have to agree to disagree because we're not going to see eye to eye. We'll find out who's right if he gets traded.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barnaby8787 wrote:
KingOfTheDot wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:
KingOfTheDot wrote:
Richardson/Collins swap is

1. Realistic
2. Great for both teams

Cowboys just signed Jonathan Cooper as well so I think they're gearing up for a Collins trade.
Cooper blows dude. They signed him purely for depth. Dude got cut by 3 teams. Collins is still hurt and they added extra depth for the playoffs because they don't have much depth on the o-line.

How YOU feel about a player isn't how other teams feel about a player.

Cowboys worked him out and signed him even with Collins coming back.
Apparently 3 other teams agree with me. The Cowboys have some of the worst depth on the o-line in the league right now. Also, someone still needs to explain to me why the Cowboys "need" Sheldon with David Irving, Tyrone Crawford, and Maliek Collins.

I agree with you that Collins is worth more than Richardson so I doubt DAL agrees to that deal. The Jets would jump on that in a second. I do think Dallas would take Richardson though because Irving is a DE not a DT. Dude is listed at 6'7" 273. That's like exactly what you want in a 4-3 DE. Him and Richardson would work nicely together.

Props to Mack on the sig
CorcoranGallery

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the offseason. I think cordea is alittle overrated and I'd rather grab him if he drops to the 3rd round. Ultimately our second rounder is so close to that first round, and I would hope we don't swing and miss there. I think that pick is a prime spot to grab an offensive lineman.. as I think many people don't value some of the OLs as top 20-25 picks, I mean even some people believe cam Robinson is vastly overrated.

If that trade happened with Dallas I would be pumped. But everyone still over values Richardson. I'm not denying he has talent, but people need to realize that guy is (1) strike away from being suspended for a year. He continuously is a head case and with everything that has happened to randy Gregory , there is no way Dallas gambles on anyone like Richardson especially with a guy like Collins... absolutely not a chance this happens.
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CorcoranGallery wrote:
I love the offseason. I think cordea is alittle overrated and I'd rather grab him if he drops to the 3rd round. Ultimately our second rounder is so close to that first round, and I would hope we don't swing and miss there. I think that pick is a prime spot to grab an offensive lineman.. as I think many people don't value some of the OLs as top 20-25 picks, I mean even some people believe cam Robinson is vastly overrated.

If that trade happened with Dallas I would be pumped. But everyone still over values Richardson. I'm not denying he has talent, but people need to realize that guy is (1) strike away from being suspended for a year. He continuously is a head case and with everything that has happened to randy Gregory , there is no way Dallas gambles on anyone like Richardson especially with a guy like Collins... absolutely not a chance this happens.

I thought if he was good this year Richardson went back to no strikes? Basically a clean slate if he got through this probationary year.

Props to Mack on the sig
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockice_8 wrote:
CorcoranGallery wrote:

I thought if he was good this year Richardson went back to no strikes? Basically a clean slate if he got through this probationary year.
Might be wrong, but I always though that strikes were for a life time. Meaning, if he's clean, but 5 years from now gets popped for something, he gets suspended for a year.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barnaby8787 wrote:
xenajets wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:
Dallas won't trade La'el. Leary's an FA.

Jerry has spoken....
???

Well seeing as though you can definitively say that Dallas won't trade Collins makes you either Jerry or Stephen Jones right? Nevermind all the other effort that Bobby went to in order to produce his mock you just came out with that one liner!!

Many thanks to IDOG_det on the sig
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xenajets wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:
xenajets wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:

Jerry has spoken....
???

Well seeing as though you can definitively say that Dallas won't trade Collins makes you either Jerry or Stephen Jones right? Nevermind all the other effort that Bobby went to in order to produce his mock you just came out with that one liner!!
Excuse me, let me clarify. "Dallas won't trade La'el in my opinion" Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barnaby8787 wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:

Didn't you not read what I wrote? Leary is a FA and will cost probably 1-3-1-2 the price Collins will cost after next season. There's no way Dallas can afford to pay big contracts to Smith, Martin, Fredrick, Elliott and Dak all in the next 4 years. Someone has to go and Collins makes the most sense since you already know Leary can play on that oline and will be cheaper option than Collins.
No he won't. La'el's an RFA next year and will be tendered. Dallas doesn't need to figure this out right now, they have plenty of time. With Elliot and Dak on rookie contracts for three years, they seriously don't need to be concerned with this right now. With the rising cap and Dallas' ability to consistently find talent in the draft, they have zero reason to trade La'el right now. They also don't really need Sheldon.

Like I stated in another thread you are completely leaving out that they gain a pro bowl talent on the side of the ball they're weak at and could really use talent on. I live in Dallas and Jerry has stated he wants to address the DLine like he has the OLine. This would be an immediate impact for them. Add that they loss a player that they know they can succeed without is just a bonus.
They don't need Sheldon dude. Did you see what David Irving did in the last few games of the season? They don't need him. They'll also don't need to create holes on that o-line. Sheldon has an 8+ mil cap hit this year. They have no cap space right now. They'll have a nice chunk in 2018, but have to clear cap for next year. That team needs an edge rusher, not a DT.

Cowboys have one of the worst defenses in the NFL dude. They hide it incredibly well by controlling the clock and scoring points. They just lost Gregory for his career pretty much and Irving is a pass rusher not a DT.

Leary being cheap and showing that he's better than acollins allows them to trade a "luxury" player in acollins for a star player in Sheldon at a position they need. You're acting like trading Collins creates this hole at OG for them when they looked better on offense with Leary in for Collins. Add that Leary will be 1/2 the price of Collins, it just makes sense. I have zero expectations for Cooper there, but it does just fuel this trade. It's amazing what playing between Smith and Fredrick could do for his career I'd imagine. To add to this it's clear the Cowboys have interest in Sheldon since they wanted him at the deadline.
They actually had a top 15 D this year. Irving move around the line as a DE and DT, plus they have Collins who had a great rookie year, and Crawford who is signed long-term. How is leary only getting half of what Collins is getting btw? He's getting starter money this off-season. Also, for all the talk about how much Collins will cost, what do you think Sheldon is getting next season?

I swear you don't read my posts you just glance at them so it's like talking to a wall with you. But I'll entertain you 1 more time.

I SAID THE COWBOYS HAVE ONE OF THE WORST DEFENSES IN THE LEAGUE BUT HIDE IT WELL. BC THEY DOMINATE POSSESSION AND ACORE ON OFFENSE!!!

We've had the best defense in the league at times but tanked 7th bc the offense couldn't score. The Dallas defense is awful but has literally no pressure on them bc the defense keeps them rested and scores.
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:

Didn't you not read what I wrote? Leary is a FA and will cost probably 1-3-1-2 the price Collins will cost after next season. There's no way Dallas can afford to pay big contracts to Smith, Martin, Fredrick, Elliott and Dak all in the next 4 years. Someone has to go and Collins makes the most sense since you already know Leary can play on that oline and will be cheaper option than Collins.
No he won't. La'el's an RFA next year and will be tendered. Dallas doesn't need to figure this out right now, they have plenty of time. With Elliot and Dak on rookie contracts for three years, they seriously don't need to be concerned with this right now. With the rising cap and Dallas' ability to consistently find talent in the draft, they have zero reason to trade La'el right now. They also don't really need Sheldon.

Like I stated in another thread you are completely leaving out that they gain a pro bowl talent on the side of the ball they're weak at and could really use talent on. I live in Dallas and Jerry has stated he wants to address the DLine like he has the OLine. This would be an immediate impact for them. Add that they loss a player that they know they can succeed without is just a bonus.
They don't need Sheldon dude. Did you see what David Irving did in the last few games of the season? They don't need him. They'll also don't need to create holes on that o-line. Sheldon has an 8+ mil cap hit this year. They have no cap space right now. They'll have a nice chunk in 2018, but have to clear cap for next year. That team needs an edge rusher, not a DT.

Cowboys have one of the worst defenses in the NFL dude. They hide it incredibly well by controlling the clock and scoring points. They just lost Gregory for his career pretty much and Irving is a pass rusher not a DT.

Leary being cheap and showing that he's better than acollins allows them to trade a "luxury" player in acollins for a star player in Sheldon at a position they need. You're acting like trading Collins creates this hole at OG for them when they looked better on offense with Leary in for Collins. Add that Leary will be 1/2 the price of Collins, it just makes sense. I have zero expectations for Cooper there, but it does just fuel this trade. It's amazing what playing between Smith and Fredrick could do for his career I'd imagine. To add to this it's clear the Cowboys have interest in Sheldon since they wanted him at the deadline.
They actually had a top 15 D this year. Irving move around the line as a DE and DT, plus they have Collins who had a great rookie year, and Crawford who is signed long-term. How is leary only getting half of what Collins is getting btw? He's getting starter money this off-season. Also, for all the talk about how much Collins will cost, what do you think Sheldon is getting next season?

I swear you don't read my posts you just glance at them so it's like talking to a wall with you. But I'll entertain you 1 more time.

I SAID THE COWBOYS HAVE ONE OF THE WORST DEFENSES IN THE LEAGUE BUT HIDE IT WELL. BC THEY DOMINATE POSSESSION AND ACORE ON OFFENSE!!!

We've had the best defense in the league at times but tanked 7th bc the offense couldn't score. The Dallas defense is awful but has literally no pressure on them bc the defense keeps them rested and scores.
I read what you said. Stats don't lie bud. They graded out as a top 15 dffense. Say what you want about there O, they were 14th in total D, 5th in points allowed. So you can attribute to that offense, but there are plenty of D's in the league that are well rested and still don't produce the way the Cowboys did this year. That's including Oakland, Green Bay, Atlanta, New Orleans, etc. All have top 10 offenses, but none had as good of a D as Dallas this year. They're a lot better than you think. They had much better play out of all core groups (d-line, LB's, and DB's).

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, side note, I agree that our D is never well rested, but they still sucked royally this year (which I'm sure you agree with) Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barnaby8787 wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:

I read what you said. Stats don't lie bud. They graded out as a top 15 dffense. Say what you want about there O, they were 14th in total D, 5th in points allowed. So you can attribute to that offense, but there are plenty of D's in the league that are well rested and still don't produce the way the Cowboys did this year. That's including Oakland, Green Bay, Atlanta, New Orleans, etc. All have top 10 offenses, but none had as good of a D as Dallas this year. They're a lot better than you think. They had much better play out of all core groups (d-line, LB's, and DB's).

Where a yam ranks has nothing to do with how good that unit is. For instance a team can have the #1 pass offense in the NFL but be the worst bc they're always down in games and have to throw the ball 90% of the game. You named other offenses that were good but didn't have great defense but didn't name 1 that did it running the ball. Which once again goes back to my original point. The cowboys defense gets hidden bc they're #2 in the NFL in possession. Add that they scored on possessions as well that puts very little weight on the defense which hides them. I said this for years when we had a great defense that we need offense. Bc just by moving the chains, milking clock and scoring that makes your defense WAY better.
Bobby816

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Living here in Dallas as well I've brought this idea up to all the Cowboy fans here an literally 100% of them have been all for this trade. That really means nothing, but it shows the other fan base thinks it's a good move not just ours.
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:

Where a yam ranks has nothing to do with how good that unit is. For instance a team can have the #1 pass offense in the NFL but be the worst bc they're always down in games and have to throw the ball 90% of the game. You named other offenses that were good but didn't have great defense but didn't name 1 that did it running the ball. Which once again goes back to my original point. The cowboys defense gets hidden bc they're #2 in the NFL in possession. Add that they scored on possessions as well that puts very little weight on the defense which hides them. I said this for years when we had a great defense that we need offense. Bc just by moving the chains, milking clock and scoring that makes your defense WAY better.
All four are top ten in time of possession. Cowboys averaged 14 seconds more a game than Greenbay.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barnaby8787 wrote:
xenajets wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:
xenajets wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:

Jerry has spoken....
???

Excuse me, let me clarify. "Dallas won't trade La'el in my opinion" Very Happy

That's better!! Very Happy

Many thanks to IDOG_det on the sig
CorcoranGallery

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockice_8 wrote:
CorcoranGallery wrote:

The NFL has the ability to use their discretion on any player including previous suspensions when making a future suspension. If he keeps failing drug tests every other year, eventually it would probably require something more. But for Richardson he had criminal charges and a drug suspension. I don't think it necessarily looks good for the future for him.

I think he could fetch a decent pick.. probably a 3rd at best but , he won't fetch a player like Lael Collins. Maybe if the cowboys weren't that good, but they have a bright future, for Jerry Jones to make a move like this for a guy with a past like Richardson is stupid.

I mean honestly I think Richardson has unbelievable talent, but I can't stand his personality and his ability to do and say stupid things.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: