Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Finding an Identity on Offense Mock Offseason
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bobby816

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:15 am    Post subject: Finding an Identity on Offense Mock Offseason Reply with quote

2017 Mock Offseason

We keep Macc and Bowles together. This is there make or break year though.

RETIRE:

Nick Mangold:
I think we handle him like we did Ferguson last offseason. Tell him he has to take a huge pay cut to not get cut. He in turn opts to retire.

David Harris:
Same as Mangold.

CUTS:

Darrelle Revis:
He isn't good anymore and has no heart either. No sense of wasting our time moving him to FS.

Ryan Clady:
Too injury prone and we need to get younger at OT.

Nick Folk:
Too big of a cap hit for a kicker when we're rebuilding.

Breno Giacomini:
He isn't good and we need to get younger at OT.

Buster Skrine:
Has been a disappointment since we signed him.

Marcus Gilchrist:
I've always thought he's average and overrated.

RESIGN:

Brian Winters:
He's been a pleasant surprise the last year and a half. He's still has good years ahead of him. Our G situation is pretty good with him and Carpenter.

Wes Johnson:
I think he's played pretty well this year. We have him battle for the starting spot in camp.

Marcus Williams:
We need the CB depth and he shouldn't cost too much.

Ben Ijalana:
Worth keeping around as a depth OT. Hasn't done enough this season to secure a starting spot at OT. But he's a solid depth player.

Bruce Carter:
ILB depth.

TRADES:

Jets trade Sheldon Richardson to Dallas for La'el Collins (I'd rather us trade Mo, but with his salary and play Sheldon just has more value. Collins can play LT for us and gives us good young bookend OTs with him and Shell. Dallas doesn't need Collins and it showed this season. Leary will be quite a bit cheaper than Collins in another year. Dallas can't afford to pay all these young players, so Collins becomes the odd man out. This trade makes sense for both teams).

Jets trade Brandon Marshall to Houston for there 5th Round draft pick.
(Looked off all year, if we're rebuilding it's ok to let him go and let the young WRs get snaps).

Jets trade Matt Forte to the Green Bay for their 7th Round draft pick.
(It's the respectable thing to do. Send him to a team competing for the playoffs).

FREE AGENCY:

CB Trumaine Johnson
I'm OK with paying him elite money being that he's 27. He's in his prime and we should get 3 good seasons out of him. His skill set being a big CB should allow him to not tail off as bad like Revis did for us. Our new DB coach should help with us getting him here.

ILB Zach Brown
Had a great season on a prove it deal. Buffalo cant afford him. Especially when they still have P. Brown and Ragland. Brown still has 2-4 more good seasons in him. Faster and younger than Harris with good size still.

FS Tony Jefferson
Actually graded out incredibly well this past year. If we can get to him early in the FA window I think we wont have to overpay for him either. Our new DB coach is from the Rams so that should help recruiting him here.

Case Keenum
I think Petty didn't show us enough for us to be comfortable with starting him next year. Keenum is a vet and is competition for Petty and Hack. He won't cost the money guys like Tyrod (if cut) or Glennon will fetch. Cheap vet body for camp.

TE Dion Sims:
We need some TE help. ASJ hopefully amounts to something.

DRAFT:

1st: Dalvin Cook (RB/Florida State)
I could see Cook surpassing Fournette in the pre draft process. While I still like Fournette more I can see us drafting Cook ahead of him bc of a little more wiggle to his game and not as injury prone.

2nd: Carl Lawson (Edge/Alabama)
There's some talented edge rushers in this draft but it's hard to separate who will fall. Someone good will be here at the top of Round 2. (Tim Williams could fall bc of off the field issues, I also like Ryan Anderson from Bama). Lawson is a good pure pass rusher with all the things you look for in an edge rusher in size, quickness, speed and strength.

3rd: Jourdan Lewis (CB/Michigan)
Very deep CB class this year. Lewis can play on the outside or in the slot. Not a flashy CB, but gets the job done.

4th: (traded away last draft to get OT Brandon Shell)

5th: Jalen Reeves-Maybin (ILB/Tennessee)
Athletic fast sideline to sideline LB much like Lee. We need speed on our defense. We have great size on the D Line to allow smaller guys at ILB. Put these fast guys with great instincts at the LB spots to make tackles and not be mismatches in coverage. Good pass rushing skill from this guy as well. Can add 10-20lbs in the next couple years and has ST value right away as well.

5th (from Houston) Cole Hikutini (TE/Louisville)
Receiving TE with good size that needs work in the blocking game. We need to use the TE more, so Hikutini gives us depth at the position.

6th: Riley Sorenson (C/OG/Washington State)
Great size and that's why he can play G too. Solid player that can compete for a spot at C or G. Great story with him battling cancer and beating it this last offseason as well.

7th: Eddy Piniero (K/Florida)
Highly touted kicker with a monster leg. (He's hit a 77yd FG). We need to replace Folk with someone.

7th: (from Green Bay) Marlon Mack (RB/South Florida)
Solid talent at RB. We need 3 RBs not just 2. Mack gives us that safety valve in case of injury. Better size than Powell and McCaffrey as well.
Really you can sub the BA RB at this spot. There's always a RB projected to go in Rounds 3-5 that slips this late. I don't know who that is obviously, but De'Veon Smith, Kareem Hunt and Joe Yearby are a few other names that jump out to me. Even Joe Mixon might be a name to keep an eye on bc of his off the field issues.

QB: Petty vs Hackenberg vs Keenum
RB: Cook, Powell, Mack
WR: Decker, Enunwa, Anderson, Marshall, Smith, Peake
TE: ASJ, Hikutini, Sims
LT: Collins, Ijalana
LG: Carpenter, Dozier
C: Johnson, Sorenson
RG: Winters
RT: Shell, Qvale

DE: Wilkerson, Williams, Thomas, Johnson
DT: McClendon, Simon
OLB: Lawson, Mauldin, Jenkins, Mingo, Martin
ILB: Lee, Brown, Carter, Reeves-Maybin
CB: Johnson, Burris, Lewis, Williams, Marshall, Roberts
FS: Jefferson, Middleton
SS: Pryor, Miles

K: Piniero
P: Edwards
LS: Purdum

Last edited by Bobby816 on Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:49 am; edited 3 times in total
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dallas won't trade La'el. Leary's an FA.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

barnaby8787 wrote:

Jerry has spoken....

Many thanks to IDOG_det on the sig
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xenajets wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:

Jerry has spoken....
???

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

barnaby8787 wrote:

Didn't you not read what I wrote? Leary is a FA and will cost probably 1-3-1-2 the price Collins will cost after next season. There's no way Dallas can afford to pay big contracts to Smith, Martin, Fredrick, Elliott and Dak all in the next 4 years. Someone has to go and Collins makes the most sense since you already know Leary can play on that oline and will be cheaper option than Collins.
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:

Didn't you not read what I wrote? Leary is a FA and will cost probably 1-3-1-2 the price Collins will cost after next season. There's no way Dallas can afford to pay big contracts to Smith, Martin, Fredrick, Elliott and Dak all in the next 4 years. Someone has to go and Collins makes the most sense since you already know Leary can play on that oline and will be cheaper option than Collins.
No he won't. La'el's an RFA next year and will be tendered. Dallas doesn't need to figure this out right now, they have plenty of time. With Elliot and Dak on rookie contracts for three years, they seriously don't need to be concerned with this right now. With the rising cap and Dallas' ability to consistently find talent in the draft, they have zero reason to trade La'el right now. They also don't really need Sheldon.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

barnaby8787 wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:

No he won't. La'el's an RFA next year and will be tendered. Dallas doesn't need to figure this out right now, they have plenty of time. With Elliot and Dak on rookie contracts for three years, they seriously don't need to be concerned with this right now. With the rising cap and Dallas' ability to consistently find talent in the draft, they have zero reason to trade La'el right now. They also don't really need Sheldon.

Like I stated in another thread you are completely leaving out that they gain a pro bowl talent on the side of the ball they're weak at and could really use talent on. I live in Dallas and Jerry has stated he wants to address the DLine like he has the OLine. This would be an immediate impact for them. Add that they loss a player that they know they can succeed without is just a bonus.
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:

Like I stated in another thread you are completely leaving out that they gain a pro bowl talent on the side of the ball they're weak at and could really use talent on. I live in Dallas and Jerry has stated he wants to address the DLine like he has the OLine. This would be an immediate impact for them. Add that they loss a player that they know they can succeed without is just a bonus.
They don't need Sheldon dude. Did you see what David Irving did in the last few games of the season? They don't need him. They'll also don't need to create holes on that o-line. Sheldon has an 8+ mil cap hit this year. They have no cap space right now. They'll have a nice chunk in 2018, but have to clear cap for next year. That team needs an edge rusher, not a DT.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richardson/Collins swap is

1. Realistic
2. Great for both teams

Cowboys just signed Jonathan Cooper as well so I think they're gearing up for a Collins trade.

Quote:
@CRO31: @KellenWinslowJr you wish you were as good as your dad. Have you been to TARGET lately?
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfTheDot wrote:

1. Realistic
2. Great for both teams

Cowboys just signed Jonathan Cooper as well so I think they're gearing up for a Collins trade.
Cooper blows dude. They signed him purely for depth. Dude got cut by 3 teams. Collins is still hurt and they added extra depth for the playoffs because they don't have much depth on the o-line.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, we didn't talk about the realistic aspect. Rumor has it that the Cowboys were willing to offer a 3rd for Sheldon at the deadline. Assuming that value is down now, I'm pretty confident they can get more than that for Collins at this point.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

barnaby8787 wrote:
KingOfTheDot wrote:

1. Realistic
2. Great for both teams

Cooper blows dude. They signed him purely for depth. Dude got cut by 3 teams. Collins is still hurt and they added extra depth for the playoffs because they don't have much depth on the o-line.

How YOU feel about a player isn't how other teams feel about a player.

Cowboys worked him out and signed him even with Collins coming back.

Quote:
@CRO31: @KellenWinslowJr you wish you were as good as your dad. Have you been to TARGET lately?
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfTheDot wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:
KingOfTheDot wrote:

1. Realistic
2. Great for both teams

Apparently 3 other teams agree with me. The Cowboys have some of the worst depth on the o-line in the league right now. Also, someone still needs to explain to me why the Cowboys "need" Sheldon with David Irving, Tyrone Crawford, and Maliek Collins.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, for all the talk about not having the money to sign Collins, where are they getting the money to sign Sheldon?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barnaby8787 wrote:
KingOfTheDot wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:
KingOfTheDot wrote:

1. Realistic
2. Great for both teams

Apparently 3 other teams agree with me. The Cowboys have some of the worst depth on the o-line in the league right now. Also, someone still needs to explain to me why the Cowboys "need" Sheldon with David Irving, Tyrone Crawford, and Maliek Collins.

He asked for his release from a Cleveland.

Richardson is so much better than all 3 of them. He'd thrive in Dallas considering they run a defense more suited to his strengths.

Quote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: