Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Terrell Austin to be the next HC of the Bills?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

detroitroar wrote:
theuntouchable wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
I kind of hope it happens. I think there are better defensive coaches out there. I'd be pumped if we could convince Rex to come here as a DC.

This. Honestly, I feel like a lot of the defensive success stemmed from Suh and the havoc he caused.

Really wish we had a pick closer to the top of the draft. I'd love to bring Allen in and pair him with robinson.

I'm not sure rex would want to step out of the limelight so to speak but if he would I would welcome him as DC.

I dont agree with this at all.

Suh was, and is a great player, but its not as if he's all-time great.

And look at our DT situation now; its been poor play all year. Coupled with Ansah missing essentially most of the year, along with Levy.....Slay missing a few....an absolute scrub at MLB.....yet we finished top half in PPG.....with zero run game on offense.

I think Austin is fantastic and hes shown that with a good roster, he can put out a great defense.

We need to upgrade DT, LE and MLB. Insert average players at those positions this year and Id bet we finish top 10, even with the key injuries.

This!

They definitely need to improve talent at MLB, DT and LE.

I expect Austin will be gone and his shoes will be tough to fill.

Sig by Smack

Team Stylish
theuntouchable

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

detroitroar wrote:
theuntouchable wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
I kind of hope it happens. I think there are better defensive coaches out there. I'd be pumped if we could convince Rex to come here as a DC.

This. Honestly, I feel like a lot of the defensive success stemmed from Suh and the havoc he caused.

Really wish we had a pick closer to the top of the draft. I'd love to bring Allen in and pair him with robinson.

I'm not sure rex would want to step out of the limelight so to speak but if he would I would welcome him as DC.

And look at our DT situation now; its been poor play all year. Coupled with Ansah missing essentially most of the year, along with Levy.....Slay missing a few....an absolute scrub at MLB.....yet we finished top half in PPG.....with zero run game on offense.

I think Austin is fantastic and hes shown that with a good roster, he can put out a great defense.

We need to upgrade DT, LE and MLB. Insert average players at those positions this year and Id bet we finish top 10, even with the key injuries.

If Suh played out the rest of his career as he did in Detroit, or close to it, he would go down as an all time great. I believe he picked things back up a bit this year after a down year last year.

Top Half in ppg? More like middle of the pack than it is top half. You point to injuries and say wow! Look what we did! I look at a good number of terrible offenses that we played. There was only one good complete game from the defense this year and that was against NO. Outside of that I do not recall a single defensive performance that stood out.

I don't think Austin is fantastic. Do I think he's better than the average? Yea, I could agree to that but I don't think he's someone that's irreplaceable.

Do we need upgrades at de, le and mlb? Absolutely however I don't think there's a chance in heck we'd finish with a top ten defense with average players in those spots. Maybe top ten in ppg, but considering the offenses we faced this season I can't say that would be an amazing feat.

MathMan wrote:
anyone around?

I feel..so cold.
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detroitroar wrote:
theuntouchable wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:

Duh is an all time great. One of the best ever pass rushing DTs. He was a huge part of our D and allowed us to get pressure without having to blitz. He also kept blockers off our LBs so they could come up and hit RBs.

I like Austin, I don't really want to lose him because I think he did a good job this year with the talent available on D. If we had a run game and could keep our D on the sidelines a little more we would have been better. I think we add some talent to that side and see what Austin can do for another year.
RIP CITY

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm hopeful that we can keep Austin. I think he's done really well with the talent, or lack there of, we've had on defense. He's not the best DC in the world, but he's the best we've had in a long, long time.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ever since we lost Suh/Tulloch, we've generated no pressure up front, our LBs are not getting their gap assignments corrected and none of our guys can seem to tackle properly. All of them go for the big hit instead of wrapping up. If this is the defense Austin is so proud of, I hope he does find a gig somewhere else.

Sig by El Ramster
Calvin-Stafford

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louis Friend wrote:
Ever since we lost Suh/Tulloch, we've generated no pressure up front, our LBs are not getting their gap assignments corrected and none of our guys can seem to tackle properly. All of them go for the big hit instead of wrapping up. If this is the defense Austin is so proud of, I hope he does find a gig somewhere else.

I disagree. Our defence can tackle fine, and none of them can hit worth a lick outside Killebrew. Problem is a fundamental lack of athleticism on the defence in general, and a lack of talent along the line of scrimmage.
Jrugges

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be pretty upset if we lose Austin. Sounds like it's likely honestly.

I would try to hire Mike Vrabel from Houston.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: