Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 RB Thread v2.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 26, 27, 28  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
VanS

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CalhounLambeau wrote:
VanS wrote:
Alvin Kamara is definitely a first round talent. In fact, he's my #1 overall RB in this class ahead of Fournette and Cook.

- Only 4.55 speed
- Only 200 SEC carries
- Played in a hand-cuff role the entire time
- Inflated run production
- Didn't have a run over 39 yards all year long

- Plenty of successful NFL RBs run 4.55 or slower
- Less carries = less wear and tear (I consider that a plus)
- Tennessee's coaching staff is incompetent. Everyone knows that.
- I could care less about collegiate production. I look for guys who flash elite NFL skill sets. Kamara is his limited playing time this season has flashed elite NFL skills.
- There are plenty of successful NFL RBs that are not home run threats. Kamara may not have long range speed to bust the long TD run. He does however have elite acceleration to get to his top end speed in a hurry. And that is a more important attribute when evaluating an NFL RB than top end speed. Acceleration through the hole as well vision are the #1 attributes a RB needs to be successful in the NFL.
BleedTheClock

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VanS wrote:
CalhounLambeau wrote:
VanS wrote:
Alvin Kamara is definitely a first round talent. In fact, he's my #1 overall RB in this class ahead of Fournette and Cook.

- Only 4.55 speed
- Only 200 SEC carries

- I could care less about collegiate production. I look for guys who flash elite NFL skill sets. Kamara is his limited playing time this season has flashed elite NFL skills.
- There are plenty of successful NFL RBs that are not home run threats. Kamara may not have long range speed to bust the long TD run. He does however have elite acceleration to get to his top end speed in a hurry. And that is a more important attribute when evaluating an NFL RB than top end speed. Acceleration through the hole as well vision are the #1 attributes a RB needs to be successful in the NFL.

Okay well none of this supports your claim that he's better than Fournette, Cook, and McCaffrey though. No offense, but I think you need to re-examine some of your biases towards Tennessee football players. Josh Dobbs is going to be a good NFL QB and Alvin Kamara is the #1 RB in this insane class? Those comments just seem ludicrous and I doubt you'll find anyone that agrees with either one of those scalding hot takes.
VanS

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BleedTheClock wrote:
VanS wrote:
CalhounLambeau wrote:
VanS wrote:

- Only 4.55 speed
- Only 200 SEC carries

Okay well none of this supports your claim that he's better than Fournette, Cook, and McCaffrey though. No offense, but I think you need to re-examine some of your biases towards Tennessee football players. Josh Dobbs is going to be a good NFL QB and Alvin Kamara is the #1 RB in this insane class? Those comments just seem ludicrous and I doubt you'll find anyone that agrees with either one of those scalding hot takes.

I don't have Derek Barnett as a high first round prospect. He's probably the most highly touted prospect from the University of Tennessee. I have him rated lower than most (around a late first to early second round pick in value). So I don't really have a bias toward Tennessee players. I just happen to value 3 players from Tennessee higher than most (Alvin Kamara, Josh Dobbs, and Cam Sutton). I also value 3 of their prospects lower than most. As I stated earlier I have Barnett more as a late first to early second round prospect. I don't have WR Josh Malone and LB Jalen Reeves-Maybin as NFL draft picks. Obviously lower than most who think they are legitimate draftable prospects.

I just have a different valuation than most. Its not really a bias for or against a team.
gopherwrestler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am about one of the biggest Kamara fans you will find outside of Tennessee fans you'll find, but there is absolutely no way he will go in the first.

Sure 15 years from now we may find out he turns out to be a better pro RB than this years top tier backs, but from what he has shown in college will not lead him to be the #1 RB in the draft.

“Once you’ve wrestled, everything else in life is easy.”
-Dan Gable
CalhounLambeau

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VanS wrote:
There are plenty of successful NFL RBs that are not home run threats. Kamara may not have long range speed to bust the long TD run. He does however have elite acceleration to get to his top end speed in a hurry. And that is a more important attribute when evaluating an NFL RB than top end speed. Acceleration through the hole as well vision are the #1 attributes a RB needs to be successful in the NFL.

Nobody is denying players like Kamara have success. I think everyone here likes him. But when you're drafting a WR/RB in the first round you typically want a greater package of skills in a bigger body. That's why you're on an island with your opinion.
KeithVikings28

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My top 5 RBs:

1. Joe Mixon OU
2. Leonard Fournette LSU
3. Dalvin Cook FSU
4. Alvin Kamara UT
5. D'onta Foreman UT
KeithVikings28

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CalhounLambeau wrote:
VanS wrote:
There are plenty of successful NFL RBs that are not home run threats. Kamara may not have long range speed to bust the long TD run. He does however have elite acceleration to get to his top end speed in a hurry. And that is a more important attribute when evaluating an NFL RB than top end speed. Acceleration through the hole as well vision are the #1 attributes a RB needs to be successful in the NFL.

Nobody is denying players like Kamara have success. I think everyone here likes him. But when you're drafting a WR/RB in the first round you typically want a greater package of skills in a bigger body. That's why you're on an island with your opinion.

Kamara has a nice blend of skillset and the size. 5'10 215lbs is a perfect size in today's NFL.
CalhounLambeau

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KeithVikings28 wrote:
CalhounLambeau wrote:
VanS wrote:

Kamara has a nice blend of skillset and the size. 5'10 215lbs is a perfect size in today's NFL.

Right, but it makes absolutely no sense in the first round.
LuckIsGOAT

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich7sena wrote:
LuckIsGOAT wrote:
McCafferey is a rich man James Starks/Arian Foster

In no way are James Starks and Arian Foster in the same class. If McCaffrey is a rich man's Foster, he'd easily be the best RB in this class and worthy of a top 5 pick.

Gallman is an interesting player, but I think he'll be better in college than in the pros. Considering his size (he's very lean) he plays like a power back - which might not translate as well in the NFL. He reminds me of Joseph Randle.

He's a rich mans James Stark not a rich mans Arian Foster. The reason I'm hesitant to just comp him to Foster is because Foster specializes in the zone runs that Kubiak used. Stanford rarely used those plays
Trailblazers
Canucks
Luck & RG3 fan
brownie man

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would anyone compare Fournette to Fred Taylor?

Upright, straight line, powerful running style. Same size at 6'1 220-230
Deshone Kizer, Malik Hooker, Carlos Watkins, Adoree Jackson, Budda Baker, TJ Watt, Montravius Adams, Ryan Switzer, Kendall Beckwith, Davis Webb, Des Lawrence, Shelton Gibson, Jamaal Williams, Bucky Hodges
CalhounLambeau

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brownie man wrote:

Fred Taylor was not an upright straight-line runner. He could drop his hips and explode laterally as well as any 6'1" 235 guy I've watched.

BleedTheClock

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fred Taylor was smoother...more agile, better vision.

Fournette has more straight line speed.

It's tough to find a comparison for Fournette, but the one I went with was Ricky Williams. Ricky had better vision, but I don't think Fournette is T-Rich back there or anything...Ricky just had that special ability to find the hole and explode into it. The only guy better at exploding into holes is Antonio Cromartie. Cool
Rich7sena

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brownie man wrote:

He's Larry Johnson to me, but Larry had better balance.
CWood21

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuckIsGOAT wrote:
He's a rich mans James Stark not a rich mans Arian Foster. The reason I'm hesitant to just comp him to Foster is because Foster specializes in the zone runs that Kubiak used. Stanford rarely used those plays

As a Packers fan, I'm not sure you've ever watched James Starks if you're comparing Christian McCaffrey to him.

PackFan4Life wrote:
I have been pooping like a unicorn for two days and it is freaky.

bkobow05 wrote:
So this is what DCR feels like on Saturdays...
Frank-O

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Dalvin Cook
2. Leonard Fournette
3. Joe Mixon
4. Jamaal Williams
5. D'onta Foreman

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 5 of 28

Jump to: