You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 RB Thread v2.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
PAW


Joined: 14 Dec 2015
Posts: 691
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gallman's blocking last night was ridiculous. His stat line wasn't impressive, but he got a lot of second effort yards last night (hook and ladder, run up the middle when backed up into the end zone, etc). I think last night helped his stock and should move him up into top ten RB.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MrOaktown_56


Joined: 15 Dec 2013
Posts: 8099
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BleedTheClock wrote:
McCaffrey will rarely come off the field. I'd use him as a starting RB and move him into the slot when you go spread and want to throw the ball. Electric athlete with the willingness and power to run between the tackles effectively. He's LeSean McCoy as a runner...Reggie Bush as a receiver.

Top 15 talent.


You're overselling him. He's more giovani bernard in matt forte's body than he is McCoy and Bush.

Early to Mid 2nd rounder. I see separation between him and Cook/Fournette. Would also rather have Jamaal Williams as a pure runner, though Caff is a good pass catcher, which factors into the evaluation.
_________________
Danand wrote:
Carr is 22-25,no playoff games, I'd take Flacco over him.To me it seems like Flacco is just where he belongs. Behind the Brady, Roethlisberger,Rivers,Rodgers,Wilson and ahead of Carr,Tannehill,Cousins,Palmer,Dalton,Luck
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fureys49ers


Joined: 31 Mar 2015
Posts: 962
Location: Sacramento, CA
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrOaktown_56 wrote:
BleedTheClock wrote:
McCaffrey will rarely come off the field. I'd use him as a starting RB and move him into the slot when you go spread and want to throw the ball. Electric athlete with the willingness and power to run between the tackles effectively. He's LeSean McCoy as a runner...Reggie Bush as a receiver.

Top 15 talent.


You're overselling him. He's more giovani bernard in matt forte's body than he is McCoy and Bush.

Early to Mid 2nd rounder. I see separation between him and Cook/Fournette. Would also rather have Jamaal Williams as a pure runner, though Caff is a good pass catcher, which factors into the evaluation.


+1. Big McCaffery fan but he's not Shady with the ball in his hands. I see a lot of Forte in his game with his control, patience and receiving prowess. I like the Gio comparison too.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LuckIsGOAT


Joined: 27 Feb 2013
Posts: 5021
Location: San Francisco
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrOaktown_56 wrote:
BleedTheClock wrote:
McCaffrey will rarely come off the field. I'd use him as a starting RB and move him into the slot when you go spread and want to throw the ball. Electric athlete with the willingness and power to run between the tackles effectively. He's LeSean McCoy as a runner...Reggie Bush as a receiver.

Top 15 talent.


You're overselling him. He's more giovani bernard in matt forte's body than he is McCoy and Bush.

Early to Mid 2nd rounder. I see separation between him and Cook/Fournette. Would also rather have Jamaal Williams as a pure runner, though Caff is a good pass catcher, which factors into the evaluation.


McCafferey is a rich man James Starks/Arian Foster
_________________
Giants
Stanford
Colts
Trailblazers
Canucks
Luck & RG3 fan
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LuckIsGOAT


Joined: 27 Feb 2013
Posts: 5021
Location: San Francisco
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gallman was super impressive showed more power than I ever thought he had. He should stay in school he would be right there with Chubb Barkley and Guice.
_________________
Giants
Stanford
Colts
Trailblazers
Canucks
Luck & RG3 fan
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rich7sena


Joined: 12 Sep 2009
Posts: 6859
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuckIsGOAT wrote:
McCafferey is a rich man James Starks/Arian Foster

In no way are James Starks and Arian Foster in the same class. If McCaffrey is a rich man's Foster, he'd easily be the best RB in this class and worthy of a top 5 pick.

Gallman is an interesting player, but I think he'll be better in college than in the pros. Considering his size (he's very lean) he plays like a power back - which might not translate as well in the NFL. He reminds me of Joseph Randle.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CalhounLambeau


Joined: 05 May 2011
Posts: 11639
Location: WI
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PAW wrote:
Gallman's blocking last night was ridiculous. His stat line wasn't impressive, but he got a lot of second effort yards last night (hook and ladder, run up the middle when backed up into the end zone, etc). I think last night helped his stock and should move him up into top ten RB.

I think he had about as good of a game you can have against Alabama. He did exactly what he had to do. Protect the QB. Work hard for every inch. Don't get cute and lose yards.
_________________
Follow me on Twitter @CalhounLambeau
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CalhounLambeau


Joined: 05 May 2011
Posts: 11639
Location: WI
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrOaktown_56 wrote:
Jamaal Williams as a pure runner.

Why?
_________________
Follow me on Twitter @CalhounLambeau
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
VanS


Joined: 21 Apr 2016
Posts: 353
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't always agree with Mike Mayock but this is one of the few times we see eye to eye. https://twitter.com/MikeMayock/status/819181332794327040

Alvin Kamara is definitely a first round talent. In fact, he's my #1 overall RB in this class ahead of Fournette and Cook.

IMO you're getting a Marshall Faulk type talent if you draft Alvin Kamara. Phenomenal pass catcher. Great inside runner who can also hit the edge. Phenomenal balance and surprising ability to break tackles. Special talent.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CWood21


Moderator
Joined: 27 Jun 2008
Posts: 49485
Location: mike23md on the dope sig
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VanS wrote:
I don't always agree with Mike Mayock but this is one of the few times we see eye to eye. https://twitter.com/MikeMayock/status/819181332794327040

Alvin Kamara is definitely a first round talent. In fact, he's my #1 overall RB in this class ahead of Fournette and Cook.

IMO you're getting another Marshall Faulk if you draft Alvin Kamara.


I don't even know what to say here. I'm literally flabbergasted right now. The kid hasn't been a full-time starter, and only had two games with 15+ rushing attempts and you're ready to call him the #1 RB. Non-existent against Florida, mediocre against Alabama, and pedestrian against Nebraska. I mean, I get liking him but #1 RB?
_________________

PackFan4Life wrote:
I have been pooping like a unicorn for two days and it is freaky.

bkobow05 wrote:
So this is what DCR feels like on Saturdays...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
CalhounLambeau


Joined: 05 May 2011
Posts: 11639
Location: WI
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VanS wrote:
Alvin Kamara is definitely a first round talent. In fact, he's my #1 overall RB in this class ahead of Fournette and Cook.

- Only 4.55 speed
- Only 200 SEC carries
- Played in a hand-cuff role the entire time
- Inflated run production
- Didn't have a run over 39 yards all year long
_________________
Follow me on Twitter @CalhounLambeau
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CWood21


Moderator
Joined: 27 Jun 2008
Posts: 49485
Location: mike23md on the dope sig
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CalhounLambeau wrote:
- Only 4.55 speed
- Only 200 SEC carries
- Played in a hand-cuff role the entire time
- Inflated run production
- Didn't have a run over 39 yards all year long


I mean, it's not that he isn't talented. It's just an extreme stance to take on a guy with such a limited sample size. I like him, I just don't love him.
_________________

PackFan4Life wrote:
I have been pooping like a unicorn for two days and it is freaky.

bkobow05 wrote:
So this is what DCR feels like on Saturdays...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
reamer


Joined: 15 Feb 2010
Posts: 488
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CalhounLambeau wrote:
PAW wrote:
Gallman's blocking last night was ridiculous. His stat line wasn't impressive, but he got a lot of second effort yards last night (hook and ladder, run up the middle when backed up into the end zone, etc). I think last night helped his stock and should move him up into top ten RB.

I think he had about as good of a game you can have against Alabama. He did exactly what he had to do. Protect the QB. Work hard for every inch. Don't get cute and lose yards.


I agree. Yard numbers weren't huge, but he did better than Fournette. He's worked his way up into the top 5 backs for me. Fournette, Cook, McCaffrey, Foreman, Gallman. I think they're all potential starters. I'm seeing a bit of Bilal Powell to Gallman's game.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CalhounLambeau


Joined: 05 May 2011
Posts: 11639
Location: WI
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
CalhounLambeau wrote:
- Only 4.55 speed
- Only 200 SEC carries
- Played in a hand-cuff role the entire time
- Inflated run production
- Didn't have a run over 39 yards all year long


I mean, it's not that he isn't talented. It's just an extreme stance to take on a guy with such a limited sample size. I like him, I just don't love him.

Right. My evaluation of him from last month was pretty glowing. But I can't find a way to justify drafting someone in the first round who is literally one step above Kenneth Dixon on the field. Marshall Faulk had a legitimate resume and was a more explosive athlete. Kenneth Dixon, Alvin Kamara and Marshall Faulk are all similar players but are on different levels and of course have their differences.
_________________
Follow me on Twitter @CalhounLambeau
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
VanS


Joined: 21 Apr 2016
Posts: 353
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
VanS wrote:
I don't always agree with Mike Mayock but this is one of the few times we see eye to eye. https://twitter.com/MikeMayock/status/819181332794327040

Alvin Kamara is definitely a first round talent. In fact, he's my #1 overall RB in this class ahead of Fournette and Cook.

IMO you're getting another Marshall Faulk if you draft Alvin Kamara.


I don't even know what to say here. I'm literally flabbergasted right now. The kid hasn't been a full-time starter, and only had two games with 15+ rushing attempts and you're ready to call him the #1 RB. Non-existent against Florida, mediocre against Alabama, and pedestrian against Nebraska. I mean, I get liking him but #1 RB?


Him not being a full-time starter is on the incompetence of the Tennessee coaching staff. Butch Jones and his staff are a joke. Anytime Kamara got playing time he outperformed Hurd. And his lack of production against teams like Alabama and Florida is on the fact his offensive line is miserable. The offensive line of Tennessee couldn't even hold up against a team like App State. Against Florida and Alabama, they had no shot at running the ball effectively. Its a minor miracle IMO that they beat that nasty Florida defense.

The reason I like him so much is because of the skills he flashes the few times the coaches let him play (see the Texas A&M game) and the few times he got decent blocking (see the Kentucky game). The kid has phenomenal balance. I've literally never seen a RB with better balance than him. He's built well with very thick legs. His initial burst through the hole is phenomenal even if his top end speed isn't that great. And his best skill might be his hands. The kid is a phenomenal pass catcher who consistently turns short swing passes into first down runs.

In terms of a skill set I see another Marshall Faulk. I think that warrants him being RB1 on my board. And FYI I'm not that high on Fournette. I think he'll be a good NFL RB. I don't know if he'll be all-time great.


Last edited by VanS on Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 4 of 32

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group