You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 RB Thread v2.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DraftHobbyist

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like people are really forgetting just how good Cook is in the passing game, specifically how well he can catch over his shoulder, a rare ability for a RB. Most RB's that can catch over their shoulder like that are RB/WR hybrids, but Cook is a runner first. The off-the-field matters, but you want some nasty in a RB so I don't think it'll hurt him too much, especially given that most of the incidences are in the past and he was actually cleared of some of them.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take it FWIW but I'll say this, I have personally met Dalvin Cook numerous times while attending FSU. As a matter of fact, I was a bartender at the bar he attended with other teammates frequently. The guy is the most humble/shy person you will ever meet. He never had more than one or two drinks on a night out and would basically sit in the corner and talk to all of the students that wanted to meet him.

The "domestic violence" charges occurred at the neighboring bar from where I worked. It was the most classic case of drunk girl seeking an opportunity at quick fame/money. Dalvin doesn't have an angry enough bone in his body to hit another dude, let alone another women.

As for his BB gun/pit bull incident when he was very young...Can't say much about that other than I know he grew up in a very rough area. Can't blame him for that.

Not really trying to convince anyone one way or the other on his character, but to compare him to Mixon, who struck a women in the face, is an absolute joke. Dalvin will be fine and he is going to make one team very happy.

Florida State Seminoles - Pittsburgh Steelers - Cleveland Cavaliers
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigben07MVP wrote:
Take it FWIW but I'll say this, I have personally met Dalvin Cook numerous times while attending FSU. As a matter of fact, I was a bartender at the bar he attended with other teammates frequently. The guy is the most humble/shy person you will ever meet. He never had more than one or two drinks on a night out and would basically sit in the corner and talk to all of the students that wanted to meet him.

The "domestic violence" charges occurred at the neighboring bar from where I worked. It was the most classic case of drunk girl seeking an opportunity at quick fame/money. Dalvin doesn't have an angry enough bone in his body to hit another dude, let alone another women.

As for his BB gun/pit bull incident when he was very young...Can't say much about that other than I know he grew up in a very rough area. Can't blame him for that.

Not really trying to convince anyone one way or the other on his character, but to compare him to Mixon, who struck a women in the face, is an absolute joke. Dalvin will be fine and he is going to make one team very happy.

You basically wrote off all of his bad incidents because you like him. I'm sure somebody else could do the same thing with Mixon.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigben07MVP wrote:

Florida State and Pittsburgh? Where's your Bill Cosby avatar, dude? Cool
MSURacerDT55

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
bigben07MVP wrote:

You basically wrote off all of his bad incidents because you like him. I'm sure somebody else could do the same thing with Mixon.

And you wrote him off because you apparently DON'T like him which is fine. But god forbid someone speaks up to Cook's or Mixon's character.
Chrissooner49er

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not willing to write off anyone for only ONE incident. People make mistakes. If they CONSISTENTLY make similar mistakes, then is the time to eliminate that prospect from consideration.
bigben07MVP

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
bigben07MVP wrote:

No, I offered some insight from someone who has seen him personally in an environment where countless bad things could happen on more than 20 occasions.

Not trying to write anything off, or like I said convince anyone one way or the other.

Florida State Seminoles - Pittsburgh Steelers - Cleveland Cavaliers
iknowcool

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Peter Schrager‏
@PSchrags

Here's one for Wednesday night. Heard from multiple front office execs over last few days. Feeling is now Christian McCaffery goes Top 10.

Quote:

Josh Norris‏
@JoshNorris

Awesome.

Though the Panthers are the only team currently in the top 10 that makes sense.

If we don't take him at #8, I think there is a good chance we trade back into the 1st for him. It makes too much sense.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iknowcool wrote:
Quote:
Peter Schrager‏
@PSchrags

Here's one for Wednesday night. Heard from multiple front office execs over last few days. Feeling is now Christian McCaffery goes Top 10.

Quote:

Josh Norris‏
@JoshNorris

Awesome.

Though the Panthers are the only team currently in the top 10 that makes sense.

If we don't take him at #8, I think there is a good chance we trade back into the 1st for him. It makes too much sense.

You guys are trading up to 2 for Fournette Pray

Stupid NFL coaches and their need to reach for quarterbacks....
Counselor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been saying I had a feeling CMac was going top ten for a while. I also had that feeling with Jerod Mayo back on a different forum when a bunch of people were saying no way.

48 1/2ers wrote:
Ostriches have inverted knees and they're pretty athletic...

GIF of Ostrich Running Here...

The Wheat Grass Shooting Hippies made me get rid of it...
KeithVikings28

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you guys think of Matt Breida from Georgia Southern?
VanS

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is there little to no talk about James Conner?

His 2014 tape is as good as any RB in this draft. https://youtu.be/a1BbJU9eTmE

I personally like him better than Leonard Fournette and Dalvin Cook. Now that he's finally healthy, I think we could see 2014 James Conner in the NFL. He could ultimately end up as the best RB from this LOADED class.
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VanS wrote:

His 2014 tape is as good as any RB in this draft. https://youtu.be/a1BbJU9eTmE

I personally like him better than Leonard Fournette and Dalvin Cook. Now that he's finally healthy, I think we could see 2014 James Conner in the NFL. He could ultimately end up as the best RB from this LOADED class.

James, is that you?

I have mono you [inappropriate/removed]
CalhounLambeau

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VanS wrote:

Why do people always have to pose the question of why one prospect out of a group of hundreds of prospects isn't being discussed at any given moment.
Chiefer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CalhounLambeau wrote:
VanS wrote:

Why do people always have to pose the question of why one prospect out of a group of hundreds of prospects isn't being discussed at any given moment.
hed likely be a top RB prospect if he didn't get cancer.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 29 of 32

Jump to: