Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 RB Thread v2.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27, 28  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bananabucket

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
Forge wrote:
Techbert wrote:
Serious question. What has Mixon done that was questionable in the last two years? Has his nose been clean since the vid, or does he relapse?

He has kept his nose clean, so far as I know. Now, the first interview where he was made available to speak about it wasn't exactly encouraging, but after declaring he did the full circuit, full on apology and remorse thing. Not sure I necessarily believe it, but he has kept himself clean as far as I know.
He hasn't

Ripping up a citation is "not keeping his nose clean"? Dear lord.
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bananabucket wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
Forge wrote:
Techbert wrote:
Serious question. What has Mixon done that was questionable in the last two years? Has his nose been clean since the vid, or does he relapse?

He has kept his nose clean, so far as I know. Now, the first interview where he was made available to speak about it wasn't exactly encouraging, but after declaring he did the full circuit, full on apology and remorse thing. Not sure I necessarily believe it, but he has kept himself clean as far as I know.
He hasn't

"Torn up ticket allegedly hit the attendant in face."

Not a big deal, but definitely a punk move...
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bananabucket wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
Forge wrote:
Techbert wrote:

He hasn't

He took the parking citation, ripped it up, and threw it in a cops face. Do you support acting like that? Would you teach your employees to behave like that?

Considering this happened when he was supposed to have "cleaned up his act", it clearly shows Mixon doesn't care. He was on his "second chance" and threw something in a cops face because he got pissy. Did you justify him attacking a woman before by saying he deserves a 2nd chance? Does acting like a petulant child and throwing something in a cops face not mean he failed to stay clean on his second chance? Does he deserve a third chance? How many chances he deserve?

"Strength is meaningless in o-line play if there is no explosive, or speed-strength, quality to the strength."
- LeCharles Bentley

R.I.P. Stylish
CWood21

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
He took the parking citation, ripped it up, and threw it in a cops face. Do you support acting like that? Would you teach your employees to behave like that?

Considering this happened when he was supposed to have "cleaned up his act", it clearly shows Mixon doesn't care. He was on his "second chance" and threw something in a cops face because he got pissy. Did you justify him attacking a woman before by saying he deserves a 2nd chance? Does acting like a petulant child and throwing something in a cops face not mean he failed to stay clean on his second chance? Does he deserve a third chance? How many chances he deserve?

I really, really don't believe you're trying to make a correlation between getting a parking ticket and him physically assaulting a women.

PackFan4Life wrote:
I have been pooping like a unicorn for two days and it is freaky.

bkobow05 wrote:
So this is what DCR feels like on Saturdays...
91jmay

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He isn't making the correlation, he is suggesting that he has shown a pattern of behaviour of being a violent POS which continues with this.

He wouldn't be on my draft board in any round.
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:

I really, really don't believe you're trying to make a correlation between getting a parking ticket and him physically assaulting a women.
How is that what you took away from my post? I'm saying the common excuse that people made for him after he attacked a woman was that he "deserved a second chance" (which I don't agree with). Its not a second chance to just not beat women again, but a second chance to not do anything stupid or illegal. He did something stupid and illegal, despite knowing he's supposed to be on his best behavior. They are clearly two different things with one obviously being much worse. I'm not equating violent assault to throwing something in a cops face.

"Strength is meaningless in o-line play if there is no explosive, or speed-strength, quality to the strength."
- LeCharles Bentley

R.I.P. Stylish
CalhounLambeau

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we need to keep posting about Joe Mixon's off-field incidents until the end of time. Something that happened years ago and a ripped up parking ticket. Riveting stuff. My god this place has just died over the past few weeks. Weird.
CriminalMind

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Mixon is off the draft board for MIN.

To be honest, it just doesn't sound like he is thinks correctly in certain situations. Once he gets a pile a $, his thinking process off the field likely won't improve.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can guarantee he's not on the Ravens draft board.

Thomas5737 wrote:

. . . Flacco is right. . .
RedRider

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BleedTheClock wrote:
Counselor wrote:
VanS wrote:
Counselor wrote:
I have this really weird feeling McCaffrey goes top 10...

Why would that be weird? He's a top 15 player in terms of talent.

Why would going a few spots higher than most assume be weird?

Because I haven't seen a single mock place him there.

If the Jets decide to go offense, McCaffrey could look nice there. They need a dude they can move all over and get production out of. They seem to like their RB's to be able to catch passes (Forte/Powell), but neither of those guys are dynamic. Also, after losing Brandon Marshall and having nothing at the QB position, they'll need to upgrade at WR. I really think McCaffrey could become a very good receiver for somebody. Like a top 10 WR. That's a hot take, but I watch his footwork and ability to stick his foot in the ground in stride and come out explosive is...well...insane. I don't see how people can cover him. Plus, he provides a better ability to run between the tackles than people think. He's an A+ kid and has a great work ethic. The bloodlines are just an added cherry on top. He reminds me of Reggie Bush with a tad of a speed deficiency. I think Brian Westbrook is his floor to be honest, which is a pretty awesome floor.
So he reminds you of a slightly worse version of Reggie Bush.. But his floor is Brian Westbrook? But Westbrook was considerably better than Bush straight up Laughing
BleedTheClock

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedRider wrote:
BleedTheClock wrote:
Counselor wrote:
VanS wrote:
Counselor wrote:
I have this really weird feeling McCaffrey goes top 10...

Why would that be weird? He's a top 15 player in terms of talent.

Why would going a few spots higher than most assume be weird?

Because I haven't seen a single mock place him there.

If the Jets decide to go offense, McCaffrey could look nice there. They need a dude they can move all over and get production out of. They seem to like their RB's to be able to catch passes (Forte/Powell), but neither of those guys are dynamic. Also, after losing Brandon Marshall and having nothing at the QB position, they'll need to upgrade at WR. I really think McCaffrey could become a very good receiver for somebody. Like a top 10 WR. That's a hot take, but I watch his footwork and ability to stick his foot in the ground in stride and come out explosive is...well...insane. I don't see how people can cover him. Plus, he provides a better ability to run between the tackles than people think. He's an A+ kid and has a great work ethic. The bloodlines are just an added cherry on top. He reminds me of Reggie Bush with a tad of a speed deficiency. I think Brian Westbrook is his floor to be honest, which is a pretty awesome floor.
So he reminds you of a slightly worse version of Reggie Bush.. But his floor is Brian Westbrook? But Westbrook was considerably better than Bush straight up Laughing

Athletically he is very similar to Reggie Bush. But he runs between the tackles better than Bush did. Thus the Brian Westbrook comparison. If Westbrook had Reggie Bush's athletic ability we would be talking about a HOF caliber RB.
CWood21

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
How is that what you took away from my post? I'm saying the common excuse that people made for him after he attacked a woman was that he "deserved a second chance" (which I don't agree with). Its not a second chance to just not beat women again, but a second chance to not do anything stupid or illegal. He did something stupid and illegal, despite knowing he's supposed to be on his best behavior. They are clearly two different things with one obviously being much worse. I'm not equating violent assault to throwing something in a cops face.

I mean, how many people exactly are happy when they get a parking ticket? Hell, I've gone off on a meter maid once, does that mean I have character issues? I haven't read anything definitively one way or the other from that situation, but from what I've read is that he tore up the ticket and threw it at the parking officer. There's no correlation between the two. He reacted to getting a parking ticket poorly, but is that something that's exclusive to him? No. So you're making a bigger deal about something because of the previous incident. If Myles Garrett did that, nobody would bat an eye. If he was this problem child that people think he is, there would have been more incidents.

PackFan4Life wrote:
I have been pooping like a unicorn for two days and it is freaky.

bkobow05 wrote:
So this is what DCR feels like on Saturdays...
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:

I mean, how many people exactly are happy when they get a parking ticket? Hell, I've gone off on a meter maid once, does that mean I have character issues?
If you threw something in the face of a university police officer, then yes, I would say you have character issues.

Quote:
He reacted to getting a parking ticket poorly, but is that something that's exclusive to him? No. So you're making a bigger deal about something because of the previous incident. If Myles Garrett did that, nobody would bat an eye. If he was this problem child that people think he is, there would have been more incidents.
Absolutely I am, because he's been given a chance he doesn't deserve. I will always be more critical of him because of his previous actions. He doesn't get a pass because he doesn't deserve one. If Myles Garrett were to have thrown a ripped up parking citation at a university police officer, I would be willing to give him a pass if he were to prove through his actions that isn't the kind of person he is. Joe Mixon has been given the chance to prove what kind of person he is. His actions speak for themselves.

- LeCharles Bentley

R.I.P. Stylish
CalhounLambeau

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
If you threw something in the face of a university police officer, then yes, I would say you have character issues.

Agreed.
Packerraymond

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:

I mean, how many people exactly are happy when they get a parking ticket? Hell, I've gone off on a meter maid once, does that mean I have character issues? I haven't read anything definitively one way or the other from that situation, but from what I've read is that he tore up the ticket and threw it at the parking officer. There's no correlation between the two. He reacted to getting a parking ticket poorly, but is that something that's exclusive to him? No. So you're making a bigger deal about something because of the previous incident. If Myles Garrett did that, nobody would bat an eye. If he was this problem child that people think he is, there would have been more incidents.

You are giving the benefit of the doubt to someone who doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt.

Someone who rationally thinks through a situation before acting does not tear up a parking ticket and throw it in the face of the officer.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 26 of 28

Jump to: