Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who will be offensive + defensive coordinators?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoBruin wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:
champ11 wrote:
BroncoBruin wrote:
champ11 wrote:
dmac just said there is a money gap between Wade and Elway. Said Wade wanted more than 2 mill.
I wonder how much, if at all, Elway's own negotiations for an extension is at play.

Interesting point. Pay these guys.

One, D-Mac is a moron and a horrible human being.

Two, I think it's Ellis that sets the pay scales for the coaches and FO staff because that's organization money and not salary cap money, which Elway controls.

This is why it makes sense to me if it's true that they don't want to pay Wade what he's worth. Elway is due for a mega-extension. Not sure what the budget is there but I'd assume Elway's contract will put a huge dent in it.
Yeah that may be the most interesting part to watch this offseason. At least he said he wasn't running for Governor for now.

I do hope Wade is back, but even if he is I don't see him staying much longer, he's always been a vagabond of a coach and he isn't exactly young not to mention he's been taken out on the sidelines more than a few times now.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is exactly right with Phillips.

He's longest tenure with a team, in consecutive years, is 6. From '89 to '94 as a DC to HC with the Broncos and '95 to '00 as DC to HC of the Bills. His longest stretch as a DC was 5 years with the Saints.

On average in his 40 years of coaching he's spent 3.5 years in a single spot.
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:
broncosfan_101 wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:
Broncofan wrote:
Barone and Decamillis should be goners.

ST we had 5th most penalties in league. And bottom half of ST DVOA - where our rank was improved by our P/K, whose success isn't because of our coaches. No brainer to let Decamillis go.

Barone shouldn't even be a question.

Barone will almost assuredly be back, he came here with Mac and McCoy in 2009 and it appears that's the offensive direction we're heading back to.

100% speculation without a hint of fact.

It's actually deductive reasoning. McCoy was hired by Mac who also hired Barone who himself has survived the subsequent two coaching staff turnovers, along with Studesvill, so the franschise clearly likes both. Barone, as a Mac/McCoy lackey is likely to remain.

I'm sure that both Mark Lubick and Klint Kubiak wont be retained given their ties to CSU but a name to keep your eye on is Joel Embree.
Jesus christ how are you a journalist with your bias?

Actually I'm an Associate Vice President for a private equity firm. I just cover high school sports on the side. But keep the personal attacks coming, they really help make your case.

bhslinebacker wrote:
AAA is right, as he usually is.
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:
broncosfan_101 wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:
Broncofan wrote:
Barone and Decamillis should be goners.

ST we had 5th most penalties in league. And bottom half of ST DVOA - where our rank was improved by our P/K, whose success isn't because of our coaches. No brainer to let Decamillis go.

Barone shouldn't even be a question.

Barone will almost assuredly be back, he came here with Mac and McCoy in 2009 and it appears that's the offensive direction we're heading back to.

100% speculation without a hint of fact.

It's actually deductive reasoning. McCoy was hired by Mac who also hired Barone who himself has survived the subsequent two coaching staff turnovers, along with Studesvill, so the franschise clearly likes both. Barone, as a Mac/McCoy lackey is likely to remain.

I'm sure that both Mark Lubick and Klint Kubiak wont be retained given their ties to CSU but a name to keep your eye on is Joel Embree.
Jesus christ how are you a journalist with your bias?

Actually I'm an Associate Vice President for a private equity firm. I just cover high school sports on the side. But keep the personal attacks coming, they really help make your case.
Most every one else here can judge a coach or player on what they can do not their ties. You seem to hold some strange grudges then say how biased the media is. You act like because Russell went to CU he pushes to sign and draft all CU players and coaches when it's far from the truth.

If you have issues with VJ as a coach that's perfectly fine, there is no safe hire this year I don't think anyone would argue that. But go ahead with the conspiracy that Russell is driving out the CSU coaches and players. Coaches low on the totem pole have to move on a lot it's just the nature of the business, if Elway really took things like ties personally do you think he would've gotten Denver this far? I think he's earned our trust to make decisions, so far he's nailed 2 of his HC hires.

And for the record saying you have a biased opinion isn't a personal attack, I just find it amusing that you despise the media for bias but can't contain your personal hatred for CU. Now if we had inept leadership like the Bills or Jags then yeah I'd share your concern for those kind of hires, but Elway isn't an idiot.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

germ-x wrote:
This is exactly right with Phillips.

He's longest tenure with a team, in consecutive years, is 6. From '89 to '94 as a DC to HC with the Broncos and '95 to '00 as DC to HC of the Bills. His longest stretch as a DC was 5 years with the Saints.

On average in his 40 years of coaching he's spent 3.5 years in a single spot.
It's hard to keep track of how many places he has actually coached. I also think he likes new challenges and at his age it's a bit about the money.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fox Ball to make it's return to Denver!

(except this time without Peyton Manning)

Via Brandon Krizstal on Twitter:

Quote:
Hearing from a source with knowledge of the situation, #Broncos will hire Mike McCoy as their new Offensive Coordinator.

Instead of Star Wars numbers and postseason disappointments we will get just regular season disappointments. Color me excited.

bhslinebacker wrote:
KingBishop

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
Fox Ball to make it's return to Denver!

(except this time without Peyton Manning)

Via Brandon Krizstal on Twitter:

Quote:
Hearing from a source with knowledge of the situation, #Broncos will hire Mike McCoy as their new Offensive Coordinator.

Instead of Star Wars numbers and postseason disappointments we will get just regular season disappointments. Color me excited.

We can have hope! They can't take that from us

David Njoku, Jourdan Lewis, Steven Taylor, Tedric Thompson, Marlon Mack, Brian Hill, OJ Howard, Jamal Adams, Malik Hooker, Marcus Williams, Eddie Jackson

Deforest Buckner is the best player in the 2016 draft class
bobdevine

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really curious about the 2017 offense.

Kubiak used a run-heavy, play-action strategy. But with a new QB, poor OL, and injured running backs, the offense was lacking. In 2016, without a good running game, the play selection was 60/40 pass/run. Opposing teams realized that they didn't have to worry about stopping the run game.

Both possible new OCs use a different strategy than Kubiak.

McCoy has a variation of the spread offense (or maybe that is due to Whisenhunt) that had a high percentage of short passes. Despite lots of injuries, the San Diego offense was still good. Chargers had the 9th-best scoring offense (25.6 points/game). If McCoy becomes the new OC, it will be interesting to see if he uses a fullback much.

Musgrave’s offense finished seventh in scoring (26 points/game) even with a poor run game. His offense seems more aggressive offense than Kubiak's. Musgrave called a lot of running plays but depended on Carr's passing. He showed success in developing a young QB.

Video of Musgrave answering questions about his offense: http://www.raiders.com/media-vault/videos/Coach-Musgrave-Talks-Raiders-Offense/7e2410e3-1f61-44b1-ac2d-09241f8e7400
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobdevine wrote:

Kubiak used a run-heavy, play-action strategy. But with a new QB, poor OL, and injured running backs, the offense was lacking. In 2016, without a good running game, the play selection was 60/40 pass/run. Opposing teams realized that they didn't have to worry about stopping the run game.

McCoy has a variation of the spread offense (or maybe that is due to Whisenhunt) that had a high percentage of short passes. Despite lots of injuries, the San Diego offense was still good. Chargers had the 9th-best scoring offense (25.6 points/game). If McCoy becomes the new OC, it will be interesting to see if he uses a fullback much.

Musgrave’s offense finished seventh in scoring (26 points/game) even with a poor run game. His offense seems more aggressive offense than Kubiak's. Musgrave called a lot of running plays but depended on Carr's passing. He showed success in developing a young QB.

Video of Musgrave answering questions about his offense: http://www.raiders.com/media-vault/videos/Coach-Musgrave-Talks-Raiders-Offense/7e2410e3-1f61-44b1-ac2d-09241f8e7400

McCoy comes from the McDaniels school of offense and has had his only success with Peyton Manning so I expect a 97:3 pass:run ratio, which should work great with our rookie QBs while they learn the new offense. I guess we can kiss Andy Janovich goodbye.

bhslinebacker wrote:
broncosfan_101

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
bobdevine wrote:

McCoy comes from the McDaniels school of offense and has had his only success with Peyton Manning so I expect a 97:3 pass:run ratio, which should work great with our rookie QBs while they learn the new offense. I guess we can kiss Andy Janovich goodbye.

McCoy worked for McDaniels for 2 of his 17 years in coaching, for the record.
iLikeDefense

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sort of off topic, if McCoy is indeed our new OC, what is the likely hood a guy like mccaffrey becomes a possibility to fulfill the role of 3rd down/pass catching back like woodhead was used in SD.

^ Joe_is_the_best with the sig.
KingBishop

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iLikeDefense wrote:
Sort of off topic, if McCoy is indeed our new OC, what is the likely hood a guy like mccaffrey becomes a possibility to fulfill the role of 3rd down/pass catching back like woodhead was used in SD.

Give up the McCaffrey dream. We need oline, oline, and more oline

David Njoku, Jourdan Lewis, Steven Taylor, Tedric Thompson, Marlon Mack, Brian Hill, OJ Howard, Jamal Adams, Malik Hooker, Marcus Williams, Eddie Jackson

Deforest Buckner is the best player in the 2016 draft class
iLikeDefense

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingBishop wrote:
iLikeDefense wrote:

I actually could careless about Christian mccaffrey, and have stated multiple times in other threads that OL is the biggest priority. I was merely saying what "if".. we could def use that sort of back especially if we are moving away from wco.

^ Joe_is_the_best with the sig.
7DnBrnc53

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
bobdevine wrote:

They did have a FB in San Diego this season (Derek Watt), so maybe he stays.
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iLikeDefense wrote:
KingBishop wrote:
iLikeDefense wrote:

I actually could careless about Christian mccaffrey, and have stated multiple times in other threads that OL is the biggest priority. I was merely saying what "if".. we could def use that sort of back especially if we are moving away from wco.

Yeah we can forget about Christian McCaffery. The conservative, vanilla, Fox Ball style offense McCoy will be installing here doesn't make use of dynamic talents like his. Hell I don't think McCoy has the offensive acumen to even figure out how to use a player like McCaffery.

bhslinebacker wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 5 of 16

Jump to: