Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who will be offensive + defensive coordinators?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
elliot878

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoBruin wrote:
champ11 wrote:
dmac just said there is a money gap between Wade and Elway. Said Wade wanted more than 2 mill.
I wonder how much, if at all, Elway's own negotiations for an extension is at play.

That'd be a shame if we lost him due to money.

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
Broncofan wrote:
Barone and Decamillis should be goners.

ST we had 5th most penalties in league. And bottom half of ST DVOA - where our rank was improved by our P/K, whose success isn't because of our coaches. No brainer to let Decamillis go.

Barone shouldn't even be a question.

Barone will almost assuredly be back, he came here with Mac and McCoy in 2009 and it appears that's the offensive direction we're heading back to.

100% speculation without a hint of fact.
broncofan48

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure on his credibility but just saw this:

Mike McCoy hired as OC

http://www.rotoworld.com/teams/nfl/den/denver-broncos

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

champ11 wrote:
BroncoBruin wrote:
champ11 wrote:
dmac just said there is a money gap between Wade and Elway. Said Wade wanted more than 2 mill.
I wonder how much, if at all, Elway's own negotiations for an extension is at play.

Interesting point. Pay these guys.

One, D-Mac is a moron and a horrible human being.

Two, I think it's Ellis that sets the pay scales for the coaches and FO staff because that's organization money and not salary cap money, which Elway controls.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
BroncoBruin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
champ11 wrote:
BroncoBruin wrote:
champ11 wrote:

Two, I think it's Ellis that sets the pay scales for the coaches and FO staff because that's organization money and not salary cap money, which Elway controls.

This is why it makes sense to me if it's true that they don't want to pay Wade what he's worth. Elway is due for a mega-extension. Not sure what the budget is there but I'd assume Elway's contract will put a huge dent in it.
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan_101 wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:
Broncofan wrote:

ST we had 5th most penalties in league. And bottom half of ST DVOA - where our rank was improved by our P/K, whose success isn't because of our coaches. No brainer to let Decamillis go.

Barone will almost assuredly be back, he came here with Mac and McCoy in 2009 and it appears that's the offensive direction we're heading back to.

It's actually deductive reasoning. McCoy was hired by Mac who also hired Barone who himself has survived the subsequent two coaching staff turnovers, along with Studesvill, so the franschise clearly likes both. Barone, as a Mac/McCoy lackey is likely to remain.

I'm sure that both Mark Lubick and Klint Kubiak wont be retained given their ties to CSU but a name to keep your eye on is Joel Embree.

AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoBruin wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:
champ11 wrote:
BroncoBruin wrote:
champ11 wrote:

This is why it makes sense to me if it's true that they don't want to pay Wade what he's worth. Elway is due for a mega-extension. Not sure what the budget is there but I'd assume Elway's contract will put a huge dent in it.

Well Ellis is a notorious cheap skate but you'd think with all that money pouring in from the team's bazillion corporate partnerships they'd have the money to pay coaches what they deserve. Maybe we're to maximizing profits at the expense of the team.

broncosfan_101

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
champ11 wrote:
BroncoBruin wrote:
champ11 wrote:

I'd be shocked if Elway didn't have the budget for coaches. That's football related, should be his call.
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan_101 wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:
champ11 wrote:
BroncoBruin wrote:
champ11 wrote:

I'd be shocked if Elway didn't have the budget for coaches. That's football related, should be his call.

But it's organization money, i.e. the money Ellis controls from sponsorships, ticket sales, parking, concessions, local media revenue, etc. not the money the team gets to spend on players via the CBA. Every time the team raises prices on stuff, which they do yearly (and I'm fine with that, it's a business and I'm an unabashed capitalist), Ellis line is always it's done to keep the team competitive. But if you can jettison your HOF DC for a cheaper rookie option, it's more money in the franchise coffers and, thus, in Ellis' pocket.

Broncofan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan_101 wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:
champ11 wrote:
BroncoBruin wrote:
champ11 wrote:

Given how much money teams make, to cheap out based on 1-2M a year should be grounds for an all out riot if this is true. Unlike players, coaching salaries aren't limited by a cap - you want to remain a winner, you pay the keys to winning what they are worth. In today's NFL, those are chump change salaries in the big picture.

No way to know, but if this was confirmed to be the reason, the outcry should be loud, and entirely justified.
BroncoBruin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I gather, money probably not a factor then.

So what the hell's going on with Wade? He publicly said he wants to be back, Elway said in his pressed after Kubes' retirement that he wanted to bring him back, where does the truth end and where does the BS begin?
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoBruin wrote:
From what I gather, money probably not a factor then.

So what the hell's going on with Wade? He publicly said he wants to be back, Elway said in his pressed after Kubes' retirement that he wanted to bring him back, where does the truth end and where does the BS begin?

With Joe Ellis, there's no way to know.

mke1010

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan_101 wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:
Broncofan wrote:

One of the reasons why it is tedious to go thru the forum on eventful days like this. Too many arm chair GMs spewing opinion as fact. Yes, all of us basically post opinions here. But some always meander past the line of what is opinion and what is fact and merge the two. Makes for frustrating reading.
BroncoBruin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeremiah Washburn (son of Jim) being mentioned as a possible OL coach candidate. He coached the Lions' OL from 2013 through 2015 and was an assistant OL coach for Miami this year. Notable how much Miami's OL improved.
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
broncosfan_101 wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:
Broncofan wrote:

It's actually deductive reasoning. McCoy was hired by Mac who also hired Barone who himself has survived the subsequent two coaching staff turnovers, along with Studesvill, so the franschise clearly likes both. Barone, as a Mac/McCoy lackey is likely to remain.

I'm sure that both Mark Lubick and Klint Kubiak wont be retained given their ties to CSU but a name to keep your eye on is Joel Embree.
Jesus christ how are you a journalist with your bias?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 4 of 14

Jump to: