Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who will be offensive + defensive coordinators?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
broncos67

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingBishop wrote:
Thoughts on Geep Chryst? Confused

He's the TE coach. I'm not worried about it.

Thanks, Tzimisce
champ11

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoinGermany wrote:
All pressers by the new coaching staff were informative yesterday, but if you could only watch one watch the Olivo one. What a character.

he popped up on my twitter feed and i was just taken aback by how goofy dude looks.

team rammy

mke1010

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Were going to build an offense around our players. Were going to do what our players do best. Its going to change from week to week. Were going to do whatever we think we need to do to win and score as many points as we can on a weekly basis.
Mike McCoy
http://www.denverpost.com/2017/02/07/mike-mccoy-broncos-vision-flexibility-change-competition/

When I read quotes such as the above I thank God Kubiak retired. I don't think I cld hv taken one more year of that offense.
So refreshing to see a coach taking the Bellichek approach to game planing week to week and basing the offense on the players strengths.
jolly red giant

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mke1010 wrote:

When I read quotes such as the above I thank God Kubiak retired. I don't think I cld hv taken one more year of that offense.
So refreshing to see a coach taking the Bellichek approach to game planing week to week and basing the offense on the players strengths.

The 'BB approach' - we tried the Patriot Way and it nearly destroyed the franchise.

KUbiak won the SB by being a HC who - while fortunate to have an elite defence - managed to craft a route through a series of crises with a QB whose talents fell off a cliff. For me he proved to be a HC who achieved something he had no right to achieve - a SB ring - with all the difficulties faced. The Broncos had no right to win the SB last season - the offence couldn't move the ball - yet they did - and a massive amount of the credit for that goes to Kubiak and how he a managed the team.

Now we have Joseph and McCoy and Woods and Olivio - and they are all talking the talk - but they have yet to walk the walk. But to diss on Kubiak is cr*p. Kubiak walked the walk - and may well, if he had been afforded the opportunity, have produced a potent offence to go with an elite defence. The guy made the right decision to ensure (I hope) he has a long and healthy retirement with his family - Kubiak is a Broncos hero for everything he did as a back-up QB helping Elway every play - as an OC during the SB winning years - and as a HC who won a SB for the Broncos when all the odds were stacked against him.

I have been a Broncos fan (in Ireland) for 40 years - ever since seeing my first American Football game - and I will cheer the Broncos all the way to the SB next season. I will be the eternal optimist that McCoy and Woods and Olivio can walk the walk - but I would be happy to see Joseph jump ship to any other team in the NFL (and Elway to eat humble pie for hiring him).
BroncosFan2010

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The 'BB approach' - we tried the Patriot Way and it nearly destroyed the franchise.

He was simply referring to BB's ability to adjust his style year-in-and-year-out to adapt to his talent, and further his ability to apply that flexibility to adaptations on a game-by-game basis to exploit weakness. He is the master at that. Its the one part of the Patriot Way that can actually be emulated by an outside team and its also the one part that Josh didn't bring here somehow.
Zukhyubern

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just because McDaniels' bravado and arrogance took this franchise as low as it could go does not mean that coaches that belong at all to the "Patriot Way" or the Belichick coaching tree should be scorned. If anything, they have learned to adjust gameplans to any personnel and type of opponent which should be lauded. It's something that McCoy, despite some troubles in SD, seems to excel at. As has our defense, which I'm sure is something Woods will continue.

After watching all of yesterday's press conferences I'm very optimistic about the direction of this team. You'd kind of be remiss not to be imho.
mke1010

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jolly red giant wrote:
mke1010 wrote:

KUbiak won the SB by being a HC who - while fortunate to have an elite defence - managed to craft a route through a series of crises with a QB whose talents fell off a cliff. For me he proved to be a HC who achieved something he had no right to achieve - a SB ring - with all the difficulties faced. The Broncos had no right to win the SB last season - the offence couldn't move the ball - yet they did - and a massive amount of the credit for that goes to Kubiak and how he a managed the team.

Now we have Joseph and McCoy and Woods and Olivio - and they are all talking the talk - but they have yet to walk the walk. But to diss on Kubiak is cr*p. Kubiak walked the walk - and may well, if he had been afforded the opportunity, have produced a potent offence to go with an elite defence. The guy made the right decision to ensure (I hope) he has a long and healthy retirement with his family - Kubiak is a Broncos hero for everything he did as a back-up QB helping Elway every play - as an OC during the SB winning years - and as a HC who won a SB for the Broncos when all the odds were stacked against him.

I have been a Broncos fan (in Ireland) for 40 years - ever since seeing my first American Football game - and I will cheer the Broncos all the way to the SB next season. I will be the eternal optimist that McCoy and Woods and Olivio can walk the walk - but I would be happy to see Joseph jump ship to any other team in the NFL (and Elway to eat humble pie for hiring him).

If I wasn't clear let me be clear. I did not say we shd run the Patriots offense. Big distinction. Didn't think I had to explicitly say that going by my response to the quotes.
Bellichek way as in game plan offense for the team we are facing not just run our system regardless of who we play.
Cheers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16
Page 16 of 16

Jump to: