Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who will be offensive + defensive coordinators?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BroncoBruin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnnie Lynn will replace Samson Brown as assistant DBs coach, Wade poached him. Lynn has more than 20 years of experience coaching NFL secondaries and this is actually his first stint as an assistant.
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you tell me about Rick Dennison? He will be Bills new OC

Adopt a Bill: Marcell Dareus and Richie Incognito
BroncoBruin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
One of the smartest coaches in the league, but pretty out of his depth as an offensive coordinator IMO. Runs the Shanahan/Kubiak ZBS. Buffalo will be the first time he's had true control over a team's offense as he's always been under Shanahan or Kubiak, which concerns me because he showed me this year that he does not have a knack for playcalling at all. Dennison has been most successful teaching technique to offensive linemen and coaching special teams, so he does have a diverse knowledge of the game, he's just not shown much ability to run an offense. But if your offensive line is decent, that system could help maximize Tyrod.

Last edited by BroncoBruin on Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Broncofan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoBruin wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:
One of the smartest coaches in the league, but pretty out of his depth as an offensive coordinator IMO. Runs the Shanahan/Kubiak ZBS. Buffalo will be the first time he's had true control over a team's offense as he's always been under Shanahan or Kubiak, which concerns me because he showed me this year that he does not have a knack for playcalling at all. Dennison has been most successful teaching technique to offensive linemen and caching special teams, so he dods have a diverse knowledge of the game, he's just not shown much ability to run an offense. But if your offensive line is decent, that system could help maximize Tyrod.

Terrific OL coach. Terrible OC. Basically a yes man to a higher mind. Awful choice to be a standalone OC. Read our game day threads even during our W the lack of imagination and adaptability was our 2nd biggest weakness behind a terrible OL.

If your team has a lead, I guess he could be OK - he loves a run-heavy O and using play-action off of that. If your team needs to catch up, or make adjustments, or the run game isn't working (a huge weakness of play action is that if a D isn't worried about the run, it just keeps the QB back turned and more time for the rush to get to him)....well, good luck.

Frankly, if you guys are hiring Dennison, it's a nobrainer to keep Tyrod, because you'll want a QB who can run out of trouble with Dennison's love of play-action, and lack of adaptability in-game.
Zukhyubern

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jolly red giant wrote:
Chiefs Assistant ST Coach Brock Olivo is to become the Broncos new ST Coach

Interesting hire..
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broncofan wrote:
BroncoBruin wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:
One of the smartest coaches in the league, but pretty out of his depth as an offensive coordinator IMO. Runs the Shanahan/Kubiak ZBS. Buffalo will be the first time he's had true control over a team's offense as he's always been under Shanahan or Kubiak, which concerns me because he showed me this year that he does not have a knack for playcalling at all. Dennison has been most successful teaching technique to offensive linemen and caching special teams, so he dods have a diverse knowledge of the game, he's just not shown much ability to run an offense. But if your offensive line is decent, that system could help maximize Tyrod.

Terrific OL coach. Terrible OC. Basically a yes man to a higher mind. Awful choice to be a standalone OC. Read our game day threads even during our W the lack of imagination and adaptability was our 2nd biggest weakness behind a terrible OL.

If your team has a lead, I guess he could be OK - he loves a run-heavy O and using play-action off of that. If your team needs to catch up, or make adjustments, or the run game isn't working (a huge weakness of play action is that if a D isn't worried about the run, it just keeps the QB back turned and more time for the rush to get to him)....well, good luck.

Frankly, if you guys are hiring Dennison, it's a nobrainer to keep Tyrod, because you'll want a QB who can run out of trouble with Dennison's love of play-action, and lack of adaptability in-game.

Well i think with McCoy and Gillislee on our team, teams are gonna have to respect that run game on the play actions even if they arent running well just because they are so dangerous and good.

I also read he does a lot of bootlegs which would be good for Tyrod. He used to be Taylors QB coach with Baltimore so he knows his strength and weaknesses. And he tried to get Taylor in Denver so this seems like a good fit for our team.

Adopt a Bill: Marcell Dareus and Richie Incognito
AKRNA

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:

Great OL coach and understands the game. As far as OC, well, it's hard to tell. This will be his 1st time on his own without Shanahan or Kubiak running the show. I'll be interested to see how he does.
germ-x

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zukhyubern wrote:
jolly red giant wrote:
Chiefs Assistant ST Coach Brock Olivo is to become the Broncos new ST Coach

Interesting hire..

Yes that is. If he's learned from Toub that could be a an exceptional hire.

Man, Joseph does seem to have surrounded himself with an exceptional staff. That is what the most successful rookie HC's do.

I couldn't be more pleased with how the offseason coaching search has went.

Denvers offensive staff is just unreal.
bobdevine

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:

Great OL coach and understands the game. As far as OC, well, it's hard to tell. This will be his 1st time on his own without Shanahan or Kubiak running the show. I'll be interested to see how he does.

Now we get to see how good Rico will be a playcaller outside of Kubiak's control. Dennison has had 6 years of OC experience (Houston:4, Denver:2) so he will be a stabilizing influence for a team that has big questions (for example, who will be QB?).
M-High Marauder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone seen if Joseph has said whether the Broncos are going to run a 3-4 or 4-3 defense?

Denver Broncos - Detroit Tigers - Michigan Wolverines
Zukhyubern

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

M-High Marauder wrote:
Has anyone seen if Joseph has said whether the Broncos are going to run a 3-4 or 4-3 defense?

Don't have a source, but I have seen multiple articles saying they will stick with the 3-4. That's what he is most versed in, just kept the 4-3 in Miami due to personnel.
AKRNA

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobdevine wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:

Now we get to see how good Rico will be a playcaller outside of Kubiak's control. Dennison has had 6 years of OC experience (Houston:4, Denver:2) so he will be a stabilizing influence for a team that has big questions (for example, who will be QB?).

Actually I think it's 8 years. I'm pretty sure he was the OC in Denver for a while when Kubiak left.
mke1010

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never knew we had such a fantastic genius of an OL coach. Even in an OC role you wld think his expertise wld rub off on Denver's awful OL but it didn't.

To the guy asking about Dennison, Rick is a good man and a loyal Bronco. He does hv good will among Bronco Nation as a result of this. But bottom line, he sucks as an OC and you cld hv done better. Having Taylor as your QB helps but I hv an inkling you will be even worse off on offense next season than you were this year.
KingBishop

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thoughts on Geep Chryst? Confused

David Njoku, Jourdan Lewis, Steven Taylor, Tedric Thompson, Marlon Mack, Brian Hill, OJ Howard, Jamal Adams, Malik Hooker, Marcus Williams, Eddie Jackson

Deforest Buckner is the best player in the 2016 draft class
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All pressers by the new coaching staff were informative yesterday, but if you could only watch one watch the Olivo one. What a character.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 15 of 16

Jump to: