Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who will be offensive + defensive coordinators?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AKRNA

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

7DnBrnc53 wrote:
BroncoinGermany wrote:
Quote:
Broncos agree to terms with John Benton as assistant offensive line coach.

http://denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Broncos-agree-to-terms-with-John-Benton-as-assistant-offensive-line-coach/632684b6-9100-4410-9048-f6e1d7d79c85

Benton was the O-line coach in Houston under Kubiak. Is that an indication that the Broncos will keep some zone concepts this year?

Every team in the NFL uses some zone. I'm sure we will too.
germ-x

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now, when people want to talk about beauty, at least in relation to coaching, that's the KC offense.

That OL sucks, Alex Smith is a solid, but unspectacular at QB, Spencer Ware is tough, but not exceptionally talented, and the only true weapons are Kelce and Hill.

Just exceptional coaching by Andy Reid and his staff. That offense isn't anymore talented than Denver's, but it's schemed to succeed. Talent wise that offense has no business being as good as they are.
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.dailycamera.com/broncos-nfl/ci_30726804/vance-joseph-sexual-assault-allegations-while-at-colorado

Quote:
Vance Joseph, the Denver Broncos' new head coach, was accused of sexually assaulting two female trainers in 2003 while he was an assistant coach at the University of Colorado allegations that were investigated by the state task force looking into the recruiting scandal that rocked CU in the early 2000s

Some news here. Also not surprising considering it was CU, whose football program has a history of this kind of behavior.

bhslinebacker wrote:
AAA is right, as he usually is.
jolly red giant

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
http://www.dailycamera.com/broncos-nfl/ci_30726804/vance-joseph-sexual-assault-allegations-while-at-colorado

Quote:
Vance Joseph, the Denver Broncos' new head coach, was accused of sexually assaulting two female trainers in 2003 while he was an assistant coach at the University of Colorado allegations that were investigated by the state task force looking into the recruiting scandal that rocked CU in the early 2000s

Some news here. Also not surprising considering it was CU, whose football program has a history of this kind of behavior.

Very disconcerting - as is the statement from the Broncos that said it was dealt with 'administratively'.
AKRNA

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elways obviously taken a keen interest in the OL. Hiring Benton as an assistant OL coach behind Davidson is a bit surprising. Usually those spots are taken by young guys with limited experience.

I'd guess Benton is the most experienced and overqualified "assistant OL coach" in the NFL. I'm really looking forward to what he and Davidson can do with the OL. I'd imagine Elway is already searching FA's and the draft so he can do his part with requisite personnel.
elliot878

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jolly red giant wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:

Quote:

Very disconcerting - as is the statement from the Broncos that said it was dealt with 'administratively'.

ANNOUNCEMENT

There is to be no discussion on this topic. This thread should be kept open for discussion - but not about this topic. If this is replied to, or brought up again, the poster who brings it up/replies will be officially warned and reported to Webmaster.

There's no gray area on this, and this will be the only warning I give.
Zukhyubern

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
jolly red giant wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:

Quote:

ANNOUNCEMENT

There is to be no discussion on this topic. This thread should be kept open for discussion - but not about this topic. If this is replied to, or brought up again, the poster who brings it up/replies will be officially warned and reported to Webmaster.

There's no gray area on this, and this will be the only warning I give.
Shocked

this board is even more repressive than I had remembered
Broncofan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
Elways obviously taken a keen interest in the OL. Hiring Benton as an assistant OL coach behind Davidson is a bit surprising. Usually those spots are taken by young guys with limited experience.

I'd guess Benton is the most experienced and overqualified "assistant OL coach" in the NFL. I'm really looking forward to what he and Davidson can do with the OL. I'd imagine Elway is already searching FA's and the draft so he can do his part with requisite personnel.

To me, this suggests very strongly that we are going to see a hybrid scheme. You get two OL coaches with that level of experience because you are likely not just tweaking the old scheme, but bringing in new concepts.

Who we target in FA and the draft on OL should give us more clues. If we sign a power-based G like Warford or Warmack, then you know power is going to be a big part of our scheme.
broncofan48

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broncofan wrote:
AKRNA wrote:

To me, this suggests very strongly that we are going to see a hybrid scheme. You get two OL coaches with that level of experience because you are likely not just tweaking the old scheme, but bringing in new concepts.

Who we target in FA and the draft on OL should give us more clues. If we sign a power-based G like Warford or Warmack, then you know power is going to be a big part of our scheme.

I'm excited about the offseason. I think elway is going to really improve the lines

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elliot, Thank You for maintaining the credibility of this forum, I've been dancing around this recently as some of the tones around here have kept me away.
"I don't think he was happy with the cologne I was wearing. I was wearing a lot of it and I guess he wasn't happy with it. I was on him a lot at the end of the game so everybody doesn't like my smell."
-Von Miller
The Helicopter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think next year is a grey area, not sure we see much improvement...but we should definitely be expecting serious progress in year two.
"I don't think he was happy with the cologne I was wearing. I was wearing a lot of it and I guess he wasn't happy with it. I was on him a lot at the end of the game so everybody doesn't like my smell."
-Von Miller
bobdevine

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's official -- Joe Woods is the new DC.
http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Broncos-promote-Joe-Woods-to-defensive-coordinator/02d1e8ce-425a-4d25-9a1a-b3bc67de2f13

The common belief is that Woods will maintain the same schemes as Wade. There has been no talk of any major changes. I guess that Elway's focus is on changing the offense and maintaining the defense.
AKRNA

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobdevine wrote:
I guess that Elway's focus is on changing the offense and maintaining the defense.

I think that's a given. He's acquired quite a brain trust to accomplish it.

Usually you would have either McCoy or Musgrave, not both. Same with the OL. Davidson or Bennet, not both.

I'm sure they're already up to their necks in player evaluations. I really looking forward to seeing what they come up with, both in personnel and offensive schemes.
iLikeDefense

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Marcus Robertson signing for our DB's, especially for our young safeties. Another good hire!

^ Joe_is_the_best with the sig.
jolly red giant

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefs Assistant ST Coach Brock Olivo is to become the Broncos new ST Coach

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 14 of 16

Jump to: