Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Draft Strategy under Gase

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rgossett07

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:47 pm    Post subject: 2017 Draft Strategy under Gase Reply with quote

After the 2016 Draft, Ill admit I was very skeptical. I even wrote about it on here.

I loved the trade for Maxwell and Kiko to move back 5 spots. Dolphins needed to fill several positions (OL, CB, RB) in the first couple rounds and could get a top talent at one of those positions at #13. Tunsil was a no brainer and im sure several teams are kicking themselves now.

I scratched my head on Caroo, Grant and Drake. I just felt the dolphins had bigger needs at the time.

Now I get it. We are into developing talent insteadf of paying for it on the free market. No longer are we going to overpay for a guy that had one good year and looking for a payday.

Dont be suprosed if Miami lets Stills walk. This is why Caroo was drafted. to develop him into the role Stills plays. Cant pay Landry, Stills and eventually Parker.

Drake was depth. Phins didnt know what they had in Ajayi yet and thats the reason they went out and got Foster. Create some competition.

Duarte was also a development pick. They gave Cameron one year to see what he could do in Gase's offense. Unfortunately, Cameron couldnt stay healthy. If Duarte can put on 10 lbs, he will be the same size as Jordan Reed whom he was compared to in last years draft.

I look for alot of the same in 2017. Drafting "a year or two ahead" is what I'll call it.

In preperation Maxwell is gone in 2018, they should look for a CB.
If Caroo takes over for Stills, backfill him with a late round WR.
They are cutting Mario Williams, if they dont see a future in Dion Jordan (they have kept him around for a reason and he will come very very CHEAP) then they need a DE or two to develop. Wake cant play forever.

I would look QB in 4-7th rounds. I really like Tannehill, more for a backup.

Look for a starter in Rounds 1 and 2. Look for development in 3-7. Hopefully you hit a homerun with one or two of them.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: