Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rich7sena's 2017 NFL Mock Draft V.II - 3 rounds!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2017 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phinsfan93

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you believe Miami will draft an OL and QB in the first two rounds? Adam Gase may very well want his own QB but I have very difficult time believing that he will flat-out ignore the defense in the first two rounds. They worked on the offense this past year and I'm thinking defense will be emphasized this year, especially with current DC Vance Joseph possibly getting a coaching gig after surrendering the most yardage in the team's history. No need to have a good offense with a struggling D.
Forge

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This draft doesn't make much sense for the 49ers. Allen is a great prospect, but I'm not sure what we are going to do with him. Defensive end may be the single position we are actually set at with our last two first round picks being spent on it - Armstead and Buckner. Can't play Allen in the middle, so what are we going to do with him? Given all of our needs this doesn't make much sense.

Personal preference would probably be Derek Barnett. Knowing that we have a new coach and GM, however, it'll probably be a quarterback Sad

Nothing wrong with Watt in the second, though obviously if we were to take Barnett in the first, this pick would be redundant.

Third round pick also doesn't make much sense given all of our needs. After defensive end, the secondary is probably our most set position. We just drafted two corners last year - Rashard Robinson who definitely appears to be the real deal, and Will Redmond (third round pick - IR for the season). We still have Brock, I believe and Jimmy Ward is a good corner and a guy that we can also flip to safety. At safety, we still have Eric Reid, Bethea is still under contract, then we have Tartt as well. The safety position certainly isn't all world, but have you seen our receivers? That's a titanic need. Inside linebacker as well (we started Nick Bellore there at times this year).

Stupid NFL coaches and their need to reach for quarterbacks....
FalconFan13

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich you are doing this just to troll us at this point for the Falcons aren't you XD. Go ahead and change it to the real picks now the fun is over Razz

You still know the needs are FS, Edge rusher, DT, and RG.
Top5Fitz

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why does nobody ever mock a sideline to sideline LB like Cunningham to the Cardinals? Our biggest need besides QB is ILB. After that WR, CB, RG.
MockDraftGM

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems extremely low for the QBs. While it's not the greatest QB class, position importance will push them into round 1.
Rich7sena

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
Quote:
*Based on what I believe a team will do

Atlanta* (11-5) select Jourdan Lewis, DB, Michigan

So you believe the Falcons will select a CB despite not needing a corner? come on man, I just noted this on your last mock. Falcons needs are DT, DE, TE, RG and FS. Lewis is a CB in Atlanta's scheme.

Logic behind the pick has to do with Trufant's contract expiring after next season. I haven't done work on Lewis, but I've heard good things.
Quote:
WTF? the Falcons have an MVP at QB. And you have them taking one in the 3rd round? Ryan is just 31. He has at least 7-8 more years. No need to waste a 3rd on a QB when there are actual needs on the roster.

Raiders traded up to pick Connor Cook and the Patriots picked Jimmy Garoppolo in the 2nd round. Perfectly possible.
onejayhawk wrote:
RB is not a priority and Williams is a major reach. I am not sure I take him in round 2. With this board, Trubisky or Watson makes a lot more sense. Gareon Conley sliding and CB is a need.

I happen to be a big Williams fan. Not a fan of Nelson or Mitchell?
Phinsfan93 wrote:
So you believe Miami will draft an OL and QB in the first two rounds? Adam Gase may very well want his own QB but I have very difficult time believing that he will flat-out ignore the defense in the first two rounds. They worked on the offense this past year and I'm thinking defense will be emphasized this year, especially with current DC Vance Joseph possibly getting a coaching gig after surrendering the most yardage in the team's history. No need to have a good offense with a struggling D.

Many NFL teams have had success doing this. Anyways, I think it's important for the team to preserve a strong offensive line and keeping the Jay train going. Jermon Bushrod will be a free agent after this season and there isn't a wohle lot of depth currently on that line. Defensive end is what I'd consider one of the biggest needs for Miami, but I'm not convinced of the value at that point in the draft yet (Walker, Landry, Harris, etc.).
Forge wrote:
This draft doesn't make much sense for the 49ers. Allen is a great prospect, but I'm not sure what we are going to do with him. Defensive end may be the single position we are actually set at with our last two first round picks being spent on it - Armstead and Buckner. Can't play Allen in the middle, so what are we going to do with him? Given all of our needs this doesn't make much sense.

I consider Allen the de defacto second best player in this draft, hands down. I think the 49ers can definitely make Buckner, Armstead, and Allen work - the Jets did. Good info on the defensive backfield, I honestly had no idea.
MockDraftGM wrote:
Seems extremely low for the QBs. While it's not the greatest QB class, position importance will push them into round 1.

I see a lot of similarities between this class and 2013 - and I think the NFL learned its lesson when it comes to reaching for a quarterback.
Top5Fitz wrote:
Why does nobody ever mock a sideline to sideline LB like Cunningham to the Cardinals? Our biggest need besides QB is ILB. After that WR, CB, RG.

Cunningham has some serious tackling issues I believe will push him back to the back of the first round. Knowing how the Cardinals' staff feels about Palmer, I don't think the team would avoid giving him another season without a youngin looking over his shoulder.
FalconFan13

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trufant is going NOWHERE. He better not be we are already talking to his agent about extending him in the offseason. He is our best DB on he entire team and even though we have 3 other really solid to above avg CB's Trufant is an elite CB at one of the hardest positions in the nfl to play. With a pass happy league you need 4 CB's on a roster that all are atleast solid or better. We now finally have that and we sure as heck aren't gonna lose it now. The only way Trufant gets gone is if we trade him for a 1st round pick i would think if not then we are resigning him to a new contract by next season which as said is already in the works and being discussed according to his agent and our GM.

The QB pick is still crazy as we have a really good backup Qb in Schaub already and the only reason you would ever take a 3rd round or higher QB is if you expected to replace your starter in the next 3 or so years which is possible on Brady's end with his age doubtful though. As far as the cook pick goes that was in the 4th round and i still think it was a bit dumb to do so personally. For the Falcons the 3rd round Qb would never even see a start unless both Ryan and Schaub got injured which is very unlikely based on Ryans track record so far.

In the 6th round even though i don't like it sure go for a Qb then with upside as a 3rd string depth move and to replace Schaub in a year or 2.

For now we have to many actual starting needs to draft to waste any picks much less 2 picks which you have us doing.

With that said Khalil Mack is also a FA the same time Trufant is and just like Trufant you know he is gone as well since you know how smart GM's let their best talented players leave after their rookie contract ends lol.
Rich7sena

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FalconFan13 wrote:
The QB pick is still crazy as we have a really good backup Qb in Schaub

SwaggyP???.jpg

FalconFan13 wrote:
With that said Khalil Mack is also a FA the same time Trufant is and just like Trufant you know he is gone as well since you know how smart GM's let their best talented players leave after their rookie contract ends lol.

I'm actually hoping the team does draft another edge rusher in the first round this year, but that's besides the point. Fine, no corner in the first round for you.[/quote]
sp6488

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

6 of the first 15 picks and 9 overall in the first round for DBs. That's a bit wild.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:22 pm    Post subject: Hmmm Reply with quote

For Cleveland - Allen or Garret is good for #1 but if Cam Robinson is available at 12 then you pick one of the best tackles in the draft. Put him at RT until Joe Thomas hangs it up. Too much talent to pass on for a DB and not even the best DB in the draft. Also I'd rather have Trubisky in the second than Watson. Watson is good don't get me wrong but we already have him as RK3 and look how that worked out for us. Plus Trub is a local kid.

that is all

Mastercheddaar
Baseball - Indians/Yankees.
CF - Ohio State and Wake Forest
Women - Brunettes with Blue eyes.
Bobby816

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big time don't like this draft for the Jets.

Mumphrey isn't even close to worth the #6 pick. Never mind that the last time we chose a Bama CB that high he was awful in Milliner. OT isn't a bad way to go Round 2, but the guy you have us taking is not a top 40 player or even a top 5 OT. Lastly Landry might go Round 1 no later than Round 2.
indifference

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You nailed the Bucs draft up until the third round. I rather go draft a C there instead of a RB.
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeT14 wrote:
Where do I sign?

This. But for the Bills obviously.

Thank you NickChowaniec!

Trust the Process.
TankWilliams

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be ecstatic if the Bears could come away with both Hooker and Trubisky. Don't think Trubisky is there in the second unfortunately.
lovetitans

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the Titans, yes DB is a need but there is no way we use 3 of our first 4 picks on DB's not when WR is a big need also.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2017 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: