You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 - Total Control Mock GM Draft - INSIDE THE LOCKER
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> GM Mock Drafts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
LuckyNumber11


Joined: 01 Aug 2011
Posts: 9388
Location: Valley of the Sun
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesPeteC wrote:
Wow, somebody paid American money to have Matt Tobin play football for them????? Laughing


I'll be honest, I just picked up Arthur Brown and Glenn Dorsey for [inappropriate/removed] and giggles. Both would be camp invites hoping to get [inappropriate/removed] to stick on the wall. I think that's what any signing right now is
_________________

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 69131
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuckyNumber11 wrote:
EaglesPeteC wrote:
Wow, somebody paid American money to have Matt Tobin play football for them????? Laughing


I'll be honest, I just picked up Arthur Brown and Glenn Dorsey for [inappropriate/removed] and giggles. Both would be camp invites hoping to get [inappropriate/removed] to stick on the wall. I think that's what any signing right now is


Same deal with my Louis Vasquez signing. Out of the NFL in 2016. But was an All Pro OG in 2013 before the Broncos moved to a ZBS. Rams are likely switching to a PBS. Figured I'd take a flier on a guy who was an All Pro only a few years ago and is still only 29 years old.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ny92jefferis


Joined: 22 Mar 2013
Posts: 6663
Location: America
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
LuckyNumber11 wrote:
EaglesPeteC wrote:
Wow, somebody paid American money to have Matt Tobin play football for them????? Laughing


I'll be honest, I just picked up Arthur Brown and Glenn Dorsey for [inappropriate/removed] and giggles. Both would be camp invites hoping to get [inappropriate/removed] to stick on the wall. I think that's what any signing right now is


Same deal with my Louis Vasquez signing. Out of the NFL in 2016. But was an All Pro OG in 2013 before the Broncos moved to a ZBS. Rams are likely switching to a PBS. Figured I'd take a flier on a guy who was an All Pro only a few years ago and is still only 29 years old.


This is what I like to see, these types of transactions but more importantly the reasoning of it.

Same reason I picked up Boykin, granted his is injury related, but a very cap friendly deal.
_________________

Thanks IDOG_det
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 69131
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ny92jefferis wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
LuckyNumber11 wrote:
EaglesPeteC wrote:
Wow, somebody paid American money to have Matt Tobin play football for them????? Laughing


I'll be honest, I just picked up Arthur Brown and Glenn Dorsey for [inappropriate/removed] and giggles. Both would be camp invites hoping to get [inappropriate/removed] to stick on the wall. I think that's what any signing right now is


Same deal with my Louis Vasquez signing. Out of the NFL in 2016. But was an All Pro OG in 2013 before the Broncos moved to a ZBS. Rams are likely switching to a PBS. Figured I'd take a flier on a guy who was an All Pro only a few years ago and is still only 29 years old.


This is what I like to see, these types of transactions but more importantly the reasoning of it.

Same reason I picked up Boykin, granted his is injury related, but a very cap friendly deal.


We're supposed to have reasoning behind our transactions? Oops. I enjoy the shotgun approach. Wink
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ny92jefferis


Joined: 22 Mar 2013
Posts: 6663
Location: America
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LAST AND FINAL ROUND OF FREE AGENCY HAS CONCLUDED

ROUND 12 FREE AGENCY BIDDING RESULTS






_________________

Thanks IDOG_det
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EaglesPeteC


Joined: 05 Feb 2008
Posts: 6204
Location: Raleigh, NC
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you get outbid in Round 12....


_________________

BIRD WATCH: "WR" Nelson Agholor //36 REC//365 YARDS//2 TDS//2 stone hands//1 crippling boneheaded pentaly//1 deactivation//1 tremendous waste of a pick
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ny92jefferis


Joined: 22 Mar 2013
Posts: 6663
Location: America
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesPeteC wrote:
When you get outbid in Round 12....



Haha.... You just assume everyone is done. Thought I could sneak in a steal a decent player. BUT NOOOOO...MKnight82 had to take it from me.
_________________

Thanks IDOG_det
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Calvin-Stafford


Joined: 29 Dec 2013
Posts: 1795
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So now do all the reserve bids kick in?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ny92jefferis


Joined: 22 Mar 2013
Posts: 6663
Location: America
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calvin-Stafford wrote:
So now do all the reserve bids kick in?


???

The reserve bids have been going on since round one. Not sure I follow.
_________________

Thanks IDOG_det
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ny92jefferis


Joined: 22 Mar 2013
Posts: 6663
Location: America
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ny92jefferis wrote:
Calvin-Stafford wrote:
So now do all the reserve bids kick in?


???

The reserve bids have been going on since round one. Not sure I follow.


I just looked in your transaction doc and all of your reserve bid contract lengths are higher than the player's preferred contract length.
_________________

Thanks IDOG_det
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Calvin-Stafford


Joined: 29 Dec 2013
Posts: 1795
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ny92jefferis wrote:
ny92jefferis wrote:
Calvin-Stafford wrote:
So now do all the reserve bids kick in?


???

The reserve bids have been going on since round one. Not sure I follow.


I just looked in your transaction doc and all of your reserve bid contract lengths are higher than the player's preferred contract length.

Ah... I hear that. Bleh... Oh well.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ny92jefferis


Joined: 22 Mar 2013
Posts: 6663
Location: America
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calvin-Stafford wrote:
ny92jefferis wrote:
ny92jefferis wrote:
Calvin-Stafford wrote:
So now do all the reserve bids kick in?


???

The reserve bids have been going on since round one. Not sure I follow.


I just looked in your transaction doc and all of your reserve bid contract lengths are higher than the player's preferred contract length.

Ah... I hear that. Bleh... Oh well.


Sorry man, I put some of that on me for not doing a better job with the wording in the docs not being the same as the guidelines.
_________________

Thanks IDOG_det
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Calvin-Stafford


Joined: 29 Dec 2013
Posts: 1795
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ny92jefferis wrote:
Calvin-Stafford wrote:
ny92jefferis wrote:
ny92jefferis wrote:
Calvin-Stafford wrote:
So now do all the reserve bids kick in?


???

The reserve bids have been going on since round one. Not sure I follow.


I just looked in your transaction doc and all of your reserve bid contract lengths are higher than the player's preferred contract length.

Ah... I hear that. Bleh... Oh well.


Sorry man, I put some of that on me for not doing a better job with the wording in the docs not being the same as the guidelines.

Nah. It's all good; it's on me for not being thorough with understanding the wording of the bids award process, it's just that ideally I would've liked to have re-signed Josh Bynes. He was a starter for the Lions last year, and while he's not a great player, he's all right and I like him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jonnguy2015


Joined: 04 Mar 2015
Posts: 1725
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, good thing I decided not to bid for Ihenacho after all.
_________________
St. Louis Avengers(Expansion Team)- http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=575919

jonnguy2015's 2016 GM Mock Draft 1.0-
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=583296
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ny92jefferis


Joined: 22 Mar 2013
Posts: 6663
Location: America
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ny92jefferis wrote:
ny92jefferis wrote:
GM INTERVIEW

Fill our this thread of insightful or completely ridiculous questions, and hilarity and controversy will ensue.



COMPLETE THIS FORM

VIEW THE INTERVIEWS HERE


bump


bump.
_________________

Thanks IDOG_det
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> GM Mock Drafts All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58
Page 58 of 58

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group