You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 - Total Control Mock GM Draft - INSIDE THE LOCKER
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> GM Mock Drafts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ny92jefferis

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:48 pm    Post subject: 2017 - Total Control Mock GM Draft - INSIDE THE LOCKER Reply with quote

2017 - Total Control Mock GM Draft - INSIDE THE LOCKER

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

EaglesPeteC you now have a home.

Any members interested in creating some headlines get with EaglesPeteC

GENERAL MANAGER INTERVIEWS

SUGGESTION & FEEDBACK

Thanks IDOG_det

Last edited by ny92jefferis on Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:16 am; edited 1 time in total
EaglesPeteC

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The news is fake, but the wit is real

Here INSIDE THE LOCKER I will post all the.......

NEWS

RUMORS

LEAKS

INTERVIEWS

ANALYSIS

BLATANT LIES

If you'd like to join the writing staff, please let me know and I will assign you a "beat" but please don't go rouge and just start posting leaks or rumors in this thread. If you want something written, send me a PM. Feel free to post reactions or call me on my lies.

BIRD WATCH: "WR" Nelson Agholor //36 REC//365 YARDS//2 TDS//2 stone hands//1 crippling boneheaded pentaly//1 deactivation//1 tremendous waste of a pick
billzz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i want to create headlines
- Diaz III at 155 for lightweight belt.

Claim a MLB player- Aaron Judge NYY Noah Syndergaard NYM

Last edited by billzz on Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:10 am; edited 1 time in total
EaglesPeteC

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To clarify,

Please don't post your own stories. Send stuff you want published to me. That way it keeps the mystery of where the story came from because I'll mix in the information you give me with stuff I dig up and stuff that I completely just make up.

If you'd like to join the writing staff, let me know and we can work together.

Thanks,

Tina Belcher

BIRD WATCH: "WR" Nelson Agholor //36 REC//365 YARDS//2 TDS//2 stone hands//1 crippling boneheaded pentaly//1 deactivation//1 tremendous waste of a pick
EaglesPeteC

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NFC East Rumors

THE CURIOUS CASE OF TONY ROMO

In the midst of the Dak Prescott craze, behind the scenes the Cowboys have are handcuffed by the contract of former starter Tony Romo. The Cowboys are $2 million and change OVER the salary cap, and Tony Romo counts for $24 million against the cap in 2017. If the Cowboys simply release Romo, they barely break even on the cap with the $19 million dollars in bonuses and guarantees they would owe him in 2017. Trading Romo frees up $14 million in cap space for the “Boys” but the team trading for Romo would have to assume the $14 million cap hit for an aging and injury prone QB. It will be interesting to see what teams are interested in him and at what draft compensation because the Cowboys are almost in a situation where they have to trade him.

IS THE OFFENSE IN D.C GOING TO HAVE A MAKEOVER?

After franchise tagging QB Kurt Cousins last offseason, the Redskins and Cousins find themselves in almost the exact same situation in 2017. Is Kurt Cousins worth the money he is going to command? In a world where Brock Osweiler got $70 million on the open market, what will Kurt Cousins command and are the Redskins willing to pay it? Do they need to franchise Cousins in order to avoid a bidding war on the open market? Attached to that is that both of Cousins’ top WR’s contracts are up. If they pay Cousins, are the prepared to let both DeSean Jackson and Pierre Garcon walk out the door and roll with James Crowder and Josh Doctson?

SOMETHING HAS GO TO GIVE IN THE EAGLES DEFENSIVE LINE

The Eagles have committed to building a stout defensive line for DC Jim Schwartz and have spent a lot of money to do so. In the last two offseasons, they have committed big money to DT Fletcher Cox, DE Vinny Curry and DE Brandon Graham. This is in addition to the sizeable contract give to OLB turned DE Conner Barwin and first round pick money in DE Marcus Smith III. Now Cox’s DT running mate Bennie Logan is set to be an UFA any day now. Are the Eagles willing to commit even more money on the d-line with serious needs at other positions? If not, who is the odd player (or players) out?

A GIANT FUTURE DECISION

Has it come to the point where the Giants should start serious consider drafting the heir apparent to Eli Manning? Eli has never missed a game in his career, but he is getting into his late 30’s. Is now the time to invest an early pick in Eli’s successor? Or are they planning on using their resources to maximize the year Eli has left?

EaglesPeteC

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NFC NORTH RUMORS

BEARS ARE INTO MONEY!

The Chicago Bears will certainly have the cap room to improve on their dismal 2016 season with over $58 million dollars of cap room. The Bears can also tip their cap room to over $70 million if they chose to cut QB Jay Cutler. I could see the Bears possibly throwing money at Kurt Cousins if they let Cutler go. It has been widely speculated that the Bears and Alshon Jeffery will part ways this off-season, but with that much money to throw around, Jeffery may seen the green pastures and stay at home.

ZIGGY GONNA GET PAAAAAID

The Lions have over $40 million in cap room and pro bowl pass rusher Ziggy Ansah is in his last year of his contact. It stands to speculate that the Lions 1st priority should be locking up Ziggy long term.

CLAY WORTH THE CASH?

With a nice chunk of cap room and several needs to push them to be truly a Super Bowl favorite, will this be the year the Packers jump into the Free Agent market? Or will they use their space to lock up their young ascending players? The question can also be raised about LB Clay Matthews who counts $15 million against the cap. Although they have the space, it stands to wonder if the oft injured fading star is worth the price.

AP AND TB ON THE OUTS

It appears that Adrian Peterson has played his last game as a Viking. With an 18 million cap charge and no dead money for a release. Being over 30, it looks like time to move on from their franchise running back. From sources within the Vikings I also hear, they are looking to trade Teddy Bridgewater. After trading a 1st round pick for Sammy Sleeves, the Vikings may try and recoup some draft value by moving Teddy. But with Teddy's devastating injury and so-so play, will he command much in a deal?

EaglesPeteC

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite tweet from last year's INSIDE THE LOCKER

Quote:
From what I hear, the Patriots are done draining all the talent and youth from Jimmy Garappolo and injecting it into Tom Brady so that he can play another 10 years. Garappolo's lifeless exterior can be had for a 2nd or 3rd round pick. #Bradyisprollyavampire

I will do the "twitter" stuff once the league opens and there is more news to report on

EaglesPeteC

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NFC SOUTH RUMORS

RY' WOULD THEY DO THAT? MATTY ICE ON THE MATTY OUTS?

Despite his MVP caliber season and QB literally being the toughest position to fill in professional sports, I have been told from a source inside the Falcons' organization that Hot-lanta and Matty Ice don't mix and Matt Ryan could be had for a 1st and 2nd Round pick. There would also be a $10 million dollar cap hit to the Falcons if Matt Ryan were dealt.

REVAMPING THE OFFENSE IN CAROLINA

One of the short comings this season for the Carolina Panthers going from Super Bowl participants to Super Bowl watchers is the fact there was just not enough around Cam Newton this year. A Panthers insider told me that they will go out to get more dynamic playmakers to go along with Benjamin and Olsen, more stout Offensive Lineman and get younger at RB. Don't be surprised if players like Ted Ginn Jr., Jonathan Stewart and Michael Oher are no longer in Carolina next season.

A BIG PUSH FOR A BIG SEASON IN THE BIG EASY

Another contract extension last season for Drew Brees pushed the cap credit card down the line and opened up space for the Saints. It is believed that they will spend to win NOW. With Drew Brees having limited time left, the Saints feel they should throw all their chips in and go for broke while they still have a top QB. Expect them to be major Free Agency players especially on the defensive side of the football.

ARE AGING VETS A COMMODITY OR DEAD WEIGHT IN TAMPA BAY?

The Tampa Bay Bucs have several players that could be in line to be cap casualties despite the team having ample cap room. The Bucs have lots of money tied in age and lack of production that can be easily erased and give the Bucs great options going into Free Agency. But will the Bucs see players like Doug Martin, Alterraun Verner, Brent Grimes and Robert Ayers as valuable vets or a waste of cash?

EaglesPeteC

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NFC WEST RUMORS

A TALE OF TWO DEFENSIVE ENDS

The Arizona Cardinals are pinching pennies against the cap and have two valued defensive players who need new deals, Chandler Jones and Calais Campbell. I have hear the Jones is the priority and the Cards will make sure they have the cap room to franchise tag Jones if necessary. Campbell, however, appears not part of the Cards plans moving forward and it looks as though he will be a on the open market for all to bid on.

TO LOCK UP THEIR OWN OR NOT LOCK UP THEIR? THAT IS THE CAP QUESTION?

The LA Rams have plenty of cap space and are coming off a subpar season......again. With Jeff Fisher out the door and a new coach coming in, it bares the question with impending Free Agents Trumaine Johnson, Kenny Britt, Brian Quick and TJ MacDonald, if they will use that cap space to lock them up or go outside the organization and bring in big ticket free agents to improve their team. I am hearing Johnson and Britt are likely targets of the Rams to be retained while Quick and MacDonald could be on their way out. I've also heard rumblings that the Rams will try very hard to bring Alshon Jeffry to LA LA Land.

110 MILLION TO SPEND?

The San Francisco 49ers could be in the driver's seat this Free Agent period. The team is devoid of talent, but they are also devoid of a ton of cap responsibilities holding a whopping $80 million of cap room currently and that number could soar to almost $110 million if they cut ties with under performing and aging vets Colin Kaepernick, Torrey Smith, and Ahmad Brooks. It seems that the new GM and Coach in SF will get a blank check to buy whatever talent they can to bring San Fran back to prominence. It is a good thing they let go of coach Chip Kelly before he traded that $110 million for 3 players coming off of an ACL injury and 3 smoothie machines.

WHO MIGHT BE THE NEW BEAST MODE?

Running backs are often not a top free agent priority among teams, but Seattle revived the career of Marshawn Lynch after falling out of favor in Buffalo. Without Beast Mode, Seattle did not have the imposing running game they once had and might be looking to Free Agency or trades to revive a cast off runner to lead their team once again. Keep an eye on Latavius Murray, Eddie Lacy or perhaps Adrian Peterson to be in the Great Northwest next season.

EaglesPeteC

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AFC EAST RUMORS

STEPHON ABOUT TO BE A HAPPY GILMORE

CB Stephon Gilmore is the Bills highest profile Free Agent and he is in line to be a very rich man when Free Agency opens. The Bills are highly considering putting the franchise tag on Gilmore in order to maintain his services given the incredible need for CB help around the league and the vast amount of cap room several teams have around the league.

IS SUPER MARIO'S CAREER COMING TO A LESS THAN SUPER END?

It is all but a forgone conclusion that Mario Williams will be cut by the Miami Dolphins after signing a significant contract just a few years ago. He was deactivated for a large portion of the season and rode the bench for the other portion. The question is, will there be any sort of market for him given his age and sharp drop in production or will this be the end of Super Mario's career?

JIMMY GARPOLLO'S FUTURE WILL BE ONE OF THE OFFSEASON'S TOP STORYLINES

The New England Patriots are always interesting in the offseason. Tom Brady's Benjamin Button-like aging process has led to many of his highly thought of back ups to reap rewards for the Pats. After starting for 3 games of Brady's suspension and the drafting of Jacoby Brissett, the Patriots may be looking to cash in their highest backup QB yet with Jimmy G. He has proven he can hang in this league and there are several teams starving for a QB with another weak QB class ahead of us. Following this story line will be a fascinating subplot in the coming weeks.

THE JETS' SALARY CAP SITUATION HAS TURNED INTO A CRASH LANDING

The Jets are a team fairly devoid of talent and also completely devoid of salary cap money. The Jets go into 2017 $950 OVER the cap. It appears there will be a mass exodus of veteran players as the Jets will attempt to rebuild. The Jets complete lack of a quality QB means that keeping high priced vets around rather pointless. Here are a list of players that the Jets could cut or traded to gain salary cap space- Eric Decker, Brandon Marshall, Ryan Clady, Darrell Revis, Sheldon Richardson and David Harris.

EaglesPeteC

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AFC NORTH RUMORS

A PAIR OF VETERANS COULD BE ON THEIR WAY OUT OF BALTIMORE

While the Ravens aren't tight against the cap, after the playoff-less season they could be looking to upgrade in Free Agency which could leave a pair of expensive vets on the chopping block. Elvis Dumervill and LaDarius Webb both hold high cap numbers and could easily be chopped to open up more cap room.

TAG WHO'S IT?

The Bengals have two of their top players up for free agency this year in CB Dre' Kirkpatrick and G Kevin Zietler. They have enough cap space for a franchise tag, but the question is which player will they use it on and which are they willing to gamble getting back in the open market?

MO' MONEY MO' PROBLEMS

After a their "Money Ball" approach lead to a dismal 1-15 season, the Browns have a whopping $110 million in cap space. But they also can literally use an upgrade at every position. Will they continue their penny pinching ways or will they open up their wallet and snag some of the top free agents on the market to give Hue Jackson, something.....anything to work with next season.

COULD THE STEELERS AND RB LE'VEON BELL BE IN FOR A LONG CONTRACT SQUABBLE?

Le'Veon Bell is one of the best players in the NFL but his last few years have been a bizarre mix of incredible play and suspensions to start the season. So now that Bell is about to hit the open market it, what direction will the contracts talk take? How concerned are the Steelers with his suspension history? Or will they open up their wallet and give him Adrian Peterson money? The Steelers do have the franchise tag as a weapon at their disposal.

EaglesPeteC

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AFC SOUTH RUMORS

STAYING TOGETHER FOR THE MONEY

Houston's signing of QB Brock Osweiler last offseason was one of the biggest mistakes of last free agent period (even though he is the QB of a team that won a playoff game). It does not appear that the Texans and Brock will be divorcing in the near future. If the Texans cut the QB it comes with a $25 million dollar dead cap charge and will cost the Texans 6 million dollars in cap space this season. They free up a few million with a trade, but given his play and his $16 million base salary this season, it is tough to imagine someone is willing to trade for him.

THE PRESSURE IS ON IN INDY

GM Ryan Grigson and HC Chuck Pagano's jobs appear to be safe in 2017, but it is safe to say they are on the hottest of hot seats. My sources are telling me that the Colts will be active buyers in Free Agency and Trades this offseaon. They are going to be looking at vastly improving their defense and offensive line and have over $50 million dollars to spend.

BORTLES ON THE BLOCK

I have gotten a strong confirmation from inside the Jaguars organization that Blake Bortles is not going to be back with the Jaguars next year. They are looking to start over with a rookie or they could even be in the veteran QB market. I'm told the Jags will explore all options including Kirk Cousins and Tony Romo. The Jags will be shopping the former #3 overall pick and there should be a market for a team that would like a reclamation project. It'll be interested to see if top of the draft teams such as the Browns, Bears or 49ers would rather try to revive Bortles than put their eggs in the basket of a rookie. Other interesting places for Bortles are teams with vet QB's like Arizona or the Chargers. Also interesting landing spots could be Houston, the Jets and Denver.

LOCKING UP THEIR OWN

The Titans had a surprise turn around in 2106, coming close to a division title and a playoff berth after having the #1 pick last year. The Titans think they have a talented young roster and $70 million to spend and apparently will look to spend that money internally before they look outside to bring in veterans. I'm hearing Brian Orakpo, Rishard Matthews are among several other Titans that'll be extended.

EaglesPeteC

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AFC WEST RUMORS

TALIB TRADE BAIT

With $10 million of savings to be had and the continued great play of former 1st Round pick Bradly Roby, All Pro CB Aqib Talib looks to be a luxury in Denver. I am told when "Trade Blocks" are open later today, Talib will be a name that will garner a lot of interest. The Broncos don't have to trade Talib, so look for them to hold out for deal that is worthwhile for the veteran corner.

SOME SALARY CAP JUGGLING FOR KC

Two defensive stars are set to be free agents in Kansas City. Both Dontari Poe and Eric Berry are key cogs in the Chiefs defense and the team has less than 5 million dollars in cap space doing into the off season. If the Chiefs have aspirations of retaining either or both players, they'll have to make cuts. The easiest cut is backup QB Nick Foles who is set to count $10 million dollars to the cap this season. Needless to say that won't be happening and he'll be cut. Injury plagued star RB Jamaal Charles also looks like he will be set to be chopped by the team. Charles barely played in the past two years and counts $7 million against the cap this year. Expect Charles to be released.

IS THE LATAVIUS MURRAY IN THE RAIDERS PLANS?

RB Latavius Murray has shown flashes of being a #1 franchise RB but his play has been far from consistent, especially last season. Now his contract is up and with $50 million in cap space it remains to be seen if he is in the Raiders plans or if they are looking elsewhere for a productive running back.

THE END OF ANTONIO WITH THE CHARGERS

The San Diego Chargers drafted TE Hunter Henry last draft and he played very well in relief of future Hall of Famer Antonio Gates. Now with $22 million in cap room and a pair of young defensive play makers to try and retain and other areas to try and improve in free agency, Gates looks to be a luxury that the Chargers can no longer afford. Cutting Gates and veteran CB Brandon Flowers would open up another $8 million in cap room.

EaglesPeteC

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YOU CAN NOW POST YOUR TRADE BLOCKS IN THE INSIDE THE LOCKER THREAD!!!!

You can also start negotiating trades with other GM's, but trades may not be made official until the work is given by Mike.

Keep in mind the salary cap implications when trading! If you are looking at OTC or Spotrac there are tools that will tell you how much cap you save or owe by trading a player. If you are acquiring a player you are responsible for all of his base salary.

EaglesPeteC

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EAGLES TRADE BLOCK

Actively looking to trade
DE/OLB Conner Barwin- mid round pick or starting quality WR or CB
CB Leodis McKelvin- late round pick
RB Ryan Mathews- late round pick
QB Chase Daniel- mid round pick

Shopping to see their value. May look to trade later
RB Darren Sproles
C- Jason Kelce
LB Mychal Kendricks

Last edited by EaglesPeteC on Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:32 pm; edited 2 times in total

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> GM Mock Drafts All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58  Next
Page 1 of 58

Jump to: