Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who Should Be Our Next Head Coach?
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Whose Your Choice for the Broncos Next Head Coach?
Vance Joseph
22%
 22%  [ 8 ]
Kyle Shanahan
42%
 42%  [ 15 ]
Dave Toub
34%
 34%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 35

AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:06 pm    Post subject: Who Should Be Our Next Head Coach? Reply with quote

According to all credible reports, the Broncos have requested and been granted permission to interview three candidates for their current head coach vacancy - Vance Joseph, Kyle Shanahan and Dave Toub. Cameron Wolfe and Nicki Jhabvala of The Denver Post have a good run down of the three aforementioned candidates.

For now, it appears that it will be one of those three will be that occupies the office next to John Elway's on the second floor of Dove Valley. Things could chance and another candidate or two might emerge in the days ahead, but as it currently stands the list is comprised of Joseph, Shanahan and Toub.

So who is your pick and why? I've included a poll and I have limited the options to just these three, if further information becomes available that an additional name or names are added to the interview list, the poll will be updated accordingly.

bhslinebacker wrote:
AAA is right, as he usually is.
French Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vance Joseph
He managed to hold the egos of players like Suh in Miami and Denver has many, transformed the defense of the Dolphins. Young, aggressive defense he confirmed his potential for 3 years, coach defensive backs to Cincinnati in 2014 then DC Miami. Knows the impact of the Broncos in Colorado for coaching the buffaloes. He climbed one by one the rungs, is respected by his players.
Offensively it is clear that Kyle Shanahan and his innovative game is very interesting but to win Vance Joseph would be perhaps the best choice of 2
One thing is about not asking interwiev Sean McVay, the Broncos does not seem to want to bring Kirk Cousins otherwise they would have tried (I do not think the Redskins will sign in the long run their QB)
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toub.

He is similar to Joseph, but with more experience, and is unlike Shanahan because of his proven track record as a leader of men.

I don't want our HC to run either side of the ball. I want them to defer it to Wade and another OC. I want a CEO type.

I want Toub.

Toub, Joseph, or Shanahan. In that order if no other viable options are interviewed.
BroncoBruin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really, I'd be alright with any of the three. But I'd love to see Kyle's offense in Denver so I'll pick him in spite of more questions about his leadership qualities.
M-High Marauder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My personal pick would be Shanahan, but I don't think it will happen.

From everything I've read, it looks like he'll interview with at least three other teams (Rams, Jaguars, Chargers), and possibly the 49's before his scheduled visit with Denver. It would be hard to believe one of those teams wouldn't snatch him up first.

I'm really not too high on Joseph. I think he would tinker too much with the defense, and can't see Wade coming back if Joseph was hired.

To be honest, I don't know much about Toub. There's been some decent success with special teams coaches who've gone on to HC, but I don't know enough about him to have an educated opinion.

Denver Broncos - Detroit Tigers - Michigan Wolverines
broncos_fan _from _uk

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hide their last names and Taub has more of the qualities I want in a head coach. Honestly I'll be happy with any of the three. I think they are all good coaches and won't be put in a position to fail.
Broncofan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simple Q - does picking Vance mean Wade is out as DC, or are people leaving open the possibility they would co-exist?

To be honest, who they bring in/keep as OC/OL/DC has a huge influence on the answer.
BroncoBruin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My biggest concern with Taub and Joseph is what becomes of the offense. With Shanahan, there's plenty of reason to be confident that the offense will be much improved. Who are the slam dunk candidates to run and improve this offense if we miss out on Kyle? If the answer is "Mike McCoy", hire Kyle right now and don't look back.
paul-mac

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shanahan, but I wouldn't be opposed to Toub if he brings in the right OC.

I want nothing to do with Vance Joseph because of Mike McCoy and because I don't want a defensive guy more senior up the flowchart than Wade Phillips.

Toub is the best "CEO" type if he can bring in the right guy to run the offense.

If Shanny gets the job he and Wade would almost be like joint head coaches with Kyle running the offense, Wade running the defense and both guys motivating the locker room.

I really worry about both sides of the ball if Vance gets the job. Mike McCoy is a terrible OC and VJ wouldn't be able to resist messing with Wade's defense.

Fify.
Broncofan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:
Shanahan, but I wouldn't be opposed to Toub if he brings in the right OC.

I want nothing to do with Vance Joseph because of Mike McCoy and because I don't want a defensive guy more senior up the flowchart than Wade Phillips.

Toub is the best "CEO" type if he can bring in the right guy to run the offense.

If Shanny gets the job he and Wade would almost be like joint head coaches with Kyle running the offense, Wade running the defense and both guys motivating the locker room.

I really worry about both sides of the ball if Vance gets the job. Mike McCoy is a terrible OC and VJ wouldn't be able to resist messing with Wade's defense.

Do we know that Vance would bring Mike McCoy with him? That's a major negative if true, but nothing I've seen suggests that other than internet speculation.
bobdevine

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave Toub.

Kyle Shanahan is a great OC, but I'm not sold that he would be the best HC.

Vance Joseph sounds like he could grow into a good HC, but he might take a few years to get there. I don't know if he has developed players over several years.

Toub hits most of my checklist for a successful head coach. He has experience in multiple areas, he has elevated several players, and he would be able to work with the current system and coaches.
elliot878

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vance Joseph. He's gotten the most out of mildly talented personnel his entire career. That speaks to his leadership, and to his ability between the ears.

I have no concerns over him getting rid of Wade Phillips, as they've worked together in the past.

McCoy speculation doesn't scare me off, it's just speculation.

Writing off Anthony Lynn? This isn't the Rams or Jags. Every candidate brought in is a serious candidate, we're not just interviewing everyone like those two franchises. I wouldn't automatically write off Lynn who played here with Elway and began his coaching career in Denver. Also, there is turmoil in Buffalo's front office. We interviewed Vance Joseph, hired Kubiak and then immediately tried to poach Vance Joseph to be our D-Coordinator. If Lynn impresses in his interview, it wouldn't surprise me to see us do something similar with him as OC, Buffalo is a mess right now.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would be happy with any of the 3, in so far as I really know anything at all about it, which I won't pretend to. Reality is that none of us are really privy to the critical information that will determine, ultimately, whether these guys will be the next Walsh or the next McDaniels
That said, I really want Toub. I've always bought into the ST coach has some unique experiential advantages for the HC Role: works with entire team; won't "over-weight" O vs D; much more likely to allow they're coordinators to coordinate, ; need to be master motivators; need to be adaptable. That said, I do tend to think that the best x and O goes get pushed to OC or D.C. vs Special Teams. So it depends what you are looking for. What I want? I want Kubiak with a great OC under him and Wade as D.C. I think Toub will comeclisest to that, AND provides the highest floor due to his much longer tenure, experience, and breadth as a player and Coach. Really just have a gut feels, from what I've seen and read, that he could be "Special"😀
KingBishop

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toub or Shannahan. Because with those two I think we don't see much change in the defense. We weaken the Chiefs with Toub also... Shannahan could elevate the offense of we keep wade would be great.

David Njoku, Jourdan Lewis, Steven Taylor, Tedric Thompson, Marlon Mack, Brian Hill, OJ Howard, Jamal Adams, Malik Hooker, Marcus Williams, Eddie Jackson

Deforest Buckner is the best player in the 2016 draft class
DiehardBronxFan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would add that Reid has had a pretty good coaching tree, and I'd LOVE to
HAve PR/KR teams that are a threat to take it to the house every time they touch the ball😀

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 1 of 31

Jump to: