Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Fox and Pace Press Conference Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
topwop1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In case anyone missed it here's the link for the quotes from George McCaskey's presser today.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/ct-george-mccaskey-patience-rebuilding-efforts-20170104-story.html

Even though I know the McCaskeys aren't looked upon that highly amongst Bears fans I encourage all the Debbie downers to read this. Hopefully it will help to open your eyes a little more.
bearsfan323

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My next mock will show CB and S late & QB early, because what I heard today is CB/S will be heavily addressed in FA.
TankWilliams

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsfan323 wrote:
My next mock will show CB and S late & QB early, because what I heard today is CB/S will be heavily addressed in FA.

My impression was that they want to heavily invest in general. Wouldn't be suprised to see a couple free agents and a 2nd/3rd rounder
Madmike90

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TankWilliams wrote:
bearsfan323 wrote:

My impression was that they want to heavily invest in general. Wouldn't be suprised to see a couple free agents and a 2nd/3rd rounder

Agreed...I think they will try and use that cap space to it's fullest to fill needs then attack the draft for the rest...I think they understand this team might be a little too young and inexperienced right now.
G08

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who are some names expected to hit FA that we could target. I'd imagine we want intelligent veterans with ball skills at CB and S.

"I thought it was a stroke of genius. You give [Pace] an A++++ for the move to get Trubisky. That was magnificient." - Bill Polian
bearsfan323

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
Who are some names expected to hit FA that we could target. I'd imagine we want intelligent veterans with ball skills at CB and S.

Gilmore, BUF
Bouye, HOU
Johnson, LA
Munnerlyn, MIN
Berry, HOU
McDonald, LA
Madmike90

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:

Trumaine Johnson
Stephon Gilmore
Dre Kirkpatrick
A.J. Bouye
Prince Amukamara

Eric Berry
T.J. McDonald
Tony Jefferson
Micah Hyde
John Cyprien
G08

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Do have any more clarity about Alshon Jefferyís value to this team after this season?

Itís not just the games, itís being with him every day. When you first get in here, youíre trying to learn every single thing about your roster ó not just the player on the field, but the heart and makeup of that person. So I think just being around Alshon for two years now, I have a real good feel for who he is, how driven he is and how much of a team guy he is. Alshon wants to win more than anybody, and I see him after a game and heís passionately hurt by these losses. That means a lot to me because I feel the same way. Youíre sick to your stomach. Unfortunately, he missed four games this year, and it was hard for him to get into a rhythm with all the changes that we had. But heís a talented player, and thatís gonna be a real important decision this offseason.

"I thought it was a stroke of genius. You give [Pace] an A++++ for the move to get Trubisky. That was magnificient." - Bill Polian
Madmike90

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
Quote:
Do have any more clarity about Alshon Jefferyís value to this team after this season?

Itís not just the games, itís being with him every day. When you first get in here, youíre trying to learn every single thing about your roster ó not just the player on the field, but the heart and makeup of that person. So I think just being around Alshon for two years now, I have a real good feel for who he is, how driven he is and how much of a team guy he is. Alshon wants to win more than anybody, and I see him after a game and heís passionately hurt by these losses. That means a lot to me because I feel the same way. Youíre sick to your stomach. Unfortunately, he missed four games this year, and it was hard for him to get into a rhythm with all the changes that we had. But heís a talented player, and thatís gonna be a real important decision this offseason.

There is no justification to allow Jeffery to walk from this team.
topwop1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
G08 wrote:
Quote:

There is no justification to allow Jeffery to walk from this team.
Plus it seems like he actually wants to be here. No reason not to get a deal done that's fair for everyone.
bearsfan323

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
G08 wrote:

Trumaine Johnson
Stephon Gilmore
Dre Kirkpatrick
A.J. Bouye
Prince Amukamara

Eric Berry
T.J. McDonald
Tony Jefferson
Micah Hyde
John Cyprien

I forgot Jefferson but Cyprien, Hyde, Amukamara & Kirkpatrick are all anywhere from bad to average. The Bears have enough bad and average. Give me one of the other CB's and one of the S's and we're talking.
topwop1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
G08 wrote:

Trumaine Johnson
Stephon Gilmore
Dre Kirkpatrick
A.J. Bouye
Prince Amukamara

Eric Berry
T.J. McDonald
Tony Jefferson
Micah Hyde
John Cyprien

Hyde is an intriguing name I didn't even know was going to be available. I've always liked his game. Last year I wanted Bears to get Casey Hayward and that turned out to be a great add for the Chargers. Ted Thompson sure knows how to draft DB's.

Out of that list I think realistically they can target guys like Hyde, Johnson, Bouye, Gilmore and Jefferson.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsfan323 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
G08 wrote:

Trumaine Johnson
Stephon Gilmore
Dre Kirkpatrick
A.J. Bouye
Prince Amukamara

Eric Berry
T.J. McDonald
Tony Jefferson
Micah Hyde
John Cyprien

I forgot Jefferson but Cyprien, Hyde, Amukamara & Kirkpatrick are all anywhere from bad to average. The Bears have enough bad and average. Give me one of the other CB's and one of the S's and we're talking.

You could make the argument that Cyprien and Amukamara aren't playmakers but there still solid pros...Kirkpatrick is a good CB for the Bengals and Hyde has really came on this season.
Sugashane

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
bearsfan323 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
G08 wrote:

Trumaine Johnson
Stephon Gilmore
Dre Kirkpatrick
A.J. Bouye
Prince Amukamara

Eric Berry
T.J. McDonald
Tony Jefferson
Micah Hyde
John Cyprien

You could make the argument that Cyprien and Amukamara aren't playmakers but there still solid pros...Kirkpatrick is a good CB for the Bengals and Hyde has really came on this season.

From the few games I saw of Amukamara he was doing well as the number two. Ramsey was clearly the better of the two, but as a number two Amukamara looked good.

Adopt a Bear - Kyle Long (Two Season Streak)
Madmike90

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Redskins just fired their entire defensive staff...bad news is I expect Ed Donatell to be in the running for that job

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: