Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Fox and Pace Press Conference Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TexasBearsFan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

topwop1 wrote:
In case anyone missed it here's the link for the quotes from George McCaskey's presser today.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/ct-george-mccaskey-patience-rebuilding-efforts-20170104-story.html

Even though I know the McCaskeys aren't looked upon that highly amongst Bears fans I encourage all the Debbie downers to read this. Hopefully it will help to open your eyes a little more.

I read part of it. I got to the part where he described talking with tailgating Bears fans who all rallied around him, patting his back and telling him to keep his head up because they love John Fox and Ryan Pace so much.

At that point, I had to stop, because I was laughing so hard that my tears shorted out my computer.

As if a bunch of Bears fans on their 10th beer and 6th brat of the morning and looking forward to another pounding by a mediocre opponent would have anything nice to say to George McCaskey.
topwop1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TexasBearsFan wrote:
topwop1 wrote:
In case anyone missed it here's the link for the quotes from George McCaskey's presser today.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/ct-george-mccaskey-patience-rebuilding-efforts-20170104-story.html

Even though I know the McCaskeys aren't looked upon that highly amongst Bears fans I encourage all the Debbie downers to read this. Hopefully it will help to open your eyes a little more.

I read part of it. I got to the part where he described talking with tailgating Bears fans who all rallied around him, patting his back and telling him to keep his head up because they love John Fox and Ryan Pace so much.

At that point, I had to stop, because I was laughing so hard that my tears shorted out my computer.

As if a bunch of Bears fans on their 10th beer and 6th brat of the morning and looking forward to another pounding by a mediocre opponent would have anything nice to say to George McCaskey.

Surveying a small sample size I don't doubt that some Bears fans would have told McCaskey this.

Personally I like the job that Ryan Pace has done and wouldn't have any problem telling that to George even if I think he and his family are a bunch of incompetent morons.

From what I've seen in my experience in going to Soldier Field for a Bears vs Packers match up a few years back, Bears fans aren't all that rowdy. I was actually pretty shocked at how poor the atmosphere was for such a big rivalry game.

For comparison I've been to Buffalo before to see countless Bills games and that fan base is much more rowdy and vulgar over there.
Nads786

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

topwop1 wrote:
TexasBearsFan wrote:
topwop1 wrote:

Surveying a small sample size I don't doubt that some Bears fans would have told McCaskey this.

Personally I like the job that Ryan Pace has done and wouldn't have any problem telling that to George even if I think he and his family are a bunch of incompetent morons.

From what I've seen in my experience in going to Soldier Field for a Bears vs Packers match up a few years back, Bears fans aren't all that rowdy. I was actually pretty shocked at how poor the atmosphere was for such a big rivalry game.

For comparison I've been to Buffalo before to see countless Bills games and that fan base is much more rowdy and vulgar over there.

I think we're all just a bit beat up over these games. How many QBs have been injured during a Bears Packers game now? Cutler 2x Hoyer and we never get anything going against them.

The last game that we genuinely won that mattered was the first game Peppers played for the Bears.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nads786 wrote:
topwop1 wrote:
TexasBearsFan wrote:
topwop1 wrote:

I think we're all just a bit beat up over these games. How many QBs have been injured during a Bears Packers game now? Cutler 2x Hoyer and we never get anything going against them.

The last game that we genuinely won that mattered was the first game Peppers played for the Bears.

Can't say that. McClellin broke Rodgers' collarbone.
G08

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nads786 wrote:
topwop1 wrote:
TexasBearsFan wrote:
topwop1 wrote:

I was at the 2010 NFC Championship game and that atmosphere was [inappropriate/removed] INTENSE, and that was with my beer literally turning into slush because of how cold it was.

jrry32 wrote:
apples

When the defense allows 20 pts or fewer, the Cutler-led Bears are 36-7
Blaize4488

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the bears are really looking to give themselves the best chance to win the next 2 seasons to help save fox and paces job, then signing Tyrod Taylor and going defense in the 1st will be the best way to do that.

Sign Taylor
Draft Allen
Draft Mahomes, Kaaya, Allen in Rd.2
G08

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blaize4488 wrote:
If the bears are really looking to give themselves the best chance to win the next 2 seasons to help save fox and paces job, then signing Tyrod Taylor and going defense in the 1st will be the best way to do that.

Sign Taylor
Draft Allen
Draft Mahomes, Kaaya, Allen in Rd.2

I can't argue against this, at all.

Literal definition of "hedging one's bets".

jrry32 wrote:
apples

When the defense allows 20 pts or fewer, the Cutler-led Bears are 36-7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: