Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Fox and Pace Press Conference Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TankWilliams

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
The Redskins just fired their entire defensive staff...bad news is I expect Ed Donatell to be in the running for that job

He's been offered positions/interviews in the past but opted to stick with Fangio, IIRC.
topwop1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
The Redskins just fired their entire defensive staff...bad news is I expect Ed Donatell to be in the running for that job

Ya I remember a couple years back they wanted Fangio before Fox swooped him up so I could see why Donatell could be of interest to them.

They could also hire Wade Phillips who would keep their 3-4 in tact.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TankWilliams wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

He's been offered positions/interviews in the past but opted to stick with Fangio, IIRC.

I think given the season we just had he would have far more job security to stick out on his own.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

topwop1 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

Ya I remember a couple years back they wanted Fangio before Fox swooped him up so I could see why Donatell could be of interest to them.

Phillips would be a great pick up for them...my best friend is a Redskins fan and if they keep that offence in tact and get even a decent defence I'm going to have to listen to him gloating quite a bit haha...

That said I think Phillips stays in Denver under Shanahan.
topwop1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
TankWilliams wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

I think given the season we just had he would have far more job security to stick out on his own.

I think it's inevitable that Fangio gets a head coaching job one day. With that said Donatell may be his choice for DC once that happens so that may be a reason why Donatell doesn't care to move on just yet.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

topwop1 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
TankWilliams wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

I think it's inevitable that Fangio gets a head coaching job one day. With that said Donatell may be his choice for DC once that happens so that may be a reason why Donatell doesn't care to move on just yet.

At 58 years old and not seemingly in the running for a job this year with so many openings I think it has passed him by.
G08

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if our out-of-this-world INT total would be huge selling point.

"I thought it was a stroke of genius. You give [Pace] an A++++ for the move to get Trubisky. That was magnificient." - Bill Polian
Madmike90

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
I don't know if our out-of-this-world INT total would be huge selling point.

I don't think you can judge Donatell on last years performance where we had as little talent as anyone...he has been a very good coach for a very long time.
topwop1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
topwop1 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
TankWilliams wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

At 58 years old and not seemingly in the running for a job this year with so many openings I think it has passed him by.

The NFL is a 'what have you done for me lately' kind of league. Fangio already has a good reputation around the NFL. If and when he gets this Bears defense back to being a dominant unit then he will surely be in the running for another HC job.
TankWilliams

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
topwop1 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
TankWilliams wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

Arians was over 60.
topwop1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
topwop1 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

Phillips would be a great pick up for them...my best friend is a Redskins fan and if they keep that offence in tact and get even a decent defence I'm going to have to listen to him gloating quite a bit haha...

That said I think Phillips stays in Denver under Shanahan.

Kyle Shanahan has stated that his number 1 choice destination is Denver, but it's no slam dunk to happen.

Rumor has it though that Dolphins DC Vance Joseph is the #1 choice to replace Kubiak in Denver.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

topwop1 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
topwop1 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
TankWilliams wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

The NFL is a 'what have you done for me lately' kind of league. Fangio already has a good reputation around the NFL. If and when he gets this Bears defense back to being a dominant unit then he will surely be in the running for another HC job.

I just don't see it...I think some guys are just destine to be coordinators more than head coaches...look at Tom Moore or - LeBeau.
topwop1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
topwop1 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
topwop1 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
TankWilliams wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

I just don't see it...I think some guys are just destine to be coordinators more than head coaches...look at Tom Moore or - LeBeau.

Lebeau was the head coach of the Bengals in the early 2000's.

Don't know about Moore, but some guys just prefer not to be head coaches due to all the responsibility and pressure or they're just not cut out for it.

From what we've heard, Fangio very much wants to be a head coach and he seems like a fine candidate. I'm sure he'll get his chance.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

topwop1 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
topwop1 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
topwop1 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
TankWilliams wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

Don't know about Moore, but some guys just prefer not to be head coaches due to all the responsibility and pressure or they're just not cut out for it.

From what we've heard, Fangio very much wants to be a head coach and he seems like a fine candidate.

Yeah for two years and wasn't very good at it...as I said I just don't see Fangio getting a shot.
topwop1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
topwop1 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
topwop1 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
topwop1 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
TankWilliams wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

From what we've heard, Fangio very much wants to be a head coach and he seems like a fine candidate.

Yeah for two years and wasn't very good at it...as I said I just don't see Fangio getting a shot.
Fair enough then. Only time will tell.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: