Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tyrod Taylor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
w4rrior723

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:35 am    Post subject: Tyrod Taylor Reply with quote

With the mess in Buffalo and the way Taylor was benched, it looks like his days there are numbered. With Eli just turning 36, we're clearly going to have to start investing in the QB of the future sooner rather than later. Would you guys want to see Taylor in Big Blue?

I'm personally a huge fan of his. He's athletic, has nice arm talent, makes accurate passes. He like a slightly worse version of Russell Wilson. He's also still young and getting better. I could see him leading a dynamic offense with these receivers. Add another weapon in the backfield to team up with Perkins and the offense could put up a lot of points.

What do you guys think?
Shockey1979

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't realistically move on from Eli until 2019 at the earliest without eating at ton of dead money. You really think Tyrod would come here and sit the bench for 3 years after already being a starter?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd pass on Taylor. But I'd certainly be scouting the mid round QBs hoping to find a steal.

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
Acgott

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way too expensive to sit a year or two
GMENNATION

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Eli said he was retiring tomorrow and we had no other options, then I'd be fine with it but I'm not seeking him out as a long term solution.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are probably right. I just feel bad the way that organization is disrespecting him. They finally have a franchise QB and they don't even appreciate it. I also can't help but fantasize how explosive our offense would be with him running it. Oh well. Would be nice to find a guy like him in the later rounds to sit behind Eli for a year or two. Not easy, though. I wouldn't mind spending a 2nd on a QB at all if a guy like Derek Carr is there.
DaBliz

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GMENNATION wrote:
If Eli said he was retiring tomorrow and we had no other options, then I'd be fine with it but I'm not seeking him out as a long term solution.

Yes, this. At the very least, Eli is going to be our QB going into next year. If something happens to Eli and the defense is still playing like it has been, I wouldn't mind a guy like Taylor as a stop gap. If everything goes to [inappropriate/removed], though, I don't really want a stop gap QB.

With all of that said, if there's someone we like in the mid to late rounds of the draft, I wouldn't mind bringing in a kid to play QB.
WiscoBlue21

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree 100%, if Eli had his press conference this offseason then I would be all for getting Tyrod Taylor has our QB. For some reason I just believe getting a mobile QB with OBJ and Shep is very dangerous.

GMENNATION wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: