Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What is AJ McCarrons trade value?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theJ

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
I would be thrilled with a 2nd and 4th round pick for him. I don't think anyone is going to give up more than that especially with only 1 year left on his contract IIRC...

He will actually be a RFA in 2018 because his rookie year he did not accrue a season because of his injury. That is huge in all honesty.

If he's going to be an RFA then i wouldn't take low ball offers. Keep him, put the appropriate tender on him and shop him next year.

Would take any less than a 1st.

~T.S. Eliot
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
I would be thrilled with a 2nd and 4th round pick for him. I don't think anyone is going to give up more than that especially with only 1 year left on his contract IIRC...

He will actually be a RFA in 2018 because his rookie year he did not accrue a season because of his injury. That is huge in all honesty.

If he's going to be an RFA then i wouldn't take low ball offers. Keep him, put the appropriate tender on him and shop him next year.

I agree with the vbalue you are saying, but how many teams in the bottom half of the draft are looking for a QB? Denver, but they need a veteran to bridge the gap to Lynch. Maybe Houston But other than that, the teams looking for a starting QB are all in the top 10. McCarron isn't netting us a top ten pick. That's where the 2nd pick comes in with a possible day 3 pick thrown in as well.

I think the best deal out there would be a high second with either a day three pkick or a playert at one of the top positions of need, preferably WR.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
theJ wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:

I agree with the vbalue you are saying, but how many teams in the bottom half of the draft are looking for a QB? Denver, but they need a veteran to bridge the gap to Lynch. Maybe Houston But other than that, the teams looking for a starting QB are all in the top 10. McCarron isn't netting us a top ten pick. That's where the 2nd pick comes in with a possible day 3 pick thrown in as well.

I think the best deal out there would be a high second with either a day three pkick or a playert at one of the top positions of need, preferably WR.

I think this is the most realistic possibility. We can ask for a 1 all day and I understand, but doubt we get that value in the end

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bare minimum we should move McCarron for is a high 2 and a 4.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
theJ

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
theJ wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:

I don't think anyone would offer either. But if the Bengals have him another 2 years, then hold out for possibly something higher next year. Gives them another year with the safety net behind Dalton.

~T.S. Eliot

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: