Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official Browns Senior Bowl Thread *Coaching the South Team
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
buno67

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brownie man wrote:
Mind Character wrote:
brownie man wrote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/01/06/deshaun-watson-invited-to-play-in-senior-bowl-for-browns-staff/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Watson might participate in the senior bowl. If I were him I would. If we coach him and like him I could see us taking him at 12. It'd be good for him to create a floor at 12 for a draft stock as indefinite as his.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Please please no.

Good news I found out today listening to phil savage. The senior bowl on the friday before the game swaps teams and coaches not for practice, but for meeting time. Supposedly this is how the cowboys got exposed to Prescott. This is good.

Yeah I don't want Watson, but I could see it if Hue got his hands on the kid.

Im in the same boat. I am not the biggest fan of Watson either. If Hue gets his hands on Watson and sees something that makes the Browns trade up and get him, then ill change my mind because that means hue sees something in him and what he could do for the offense.

If the Browns really want a QB, dont take them at #1. I think getting the QB another way if its at #12 or trading up, or another pick, will benefit them. I dont want the pressure of being a #1 overall QB being the label on a Browns QB at the moment. specially when they are in dead center of a rebuild. I rather that #1 overall label go to a defender who should be going to a defensive unit with potential.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I'm not very high on Watson, we could do worse. I wouldn't hate him at 12. I have my concerns, but if Hue loves him at the senior bowl and feels like he can help him become elite, I'd trust him.

2015 Adopt-A-Brown:
Joe Thomas, GOAT
Christian Kirksey, ILB
Mind Character

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will post again heavily during the senior bowl as much as I can based on topics I talk to the scout fam regarding the senior bowl.

Any scouting, personnel, or organizational questions that I should ask my NFC scout fam for the senior bowl write-ups? Let me know. I'm going to visit with him during the game.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
candyman93

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mind Character wrote:
Will post again heavily during the senior bowl as much as I can based on topics I talk to the scout fam regarding the senior bowl.

Any scouting, personnel, or organizational questions that I should ask my NFC scout fam for the senior bowl write-ups? Let me know. I'm going to visit with him during the game.

How big of an influence in the decision making process does athletic scores such as SPARQ play a role in scouts minds? You've heard teams like Seattle valuing broad jumps and vertical jumps heavily.

How important is a player being a team captain to scouts?

What types of character concerns do scouts care about / don't care about as a whole? I guess what I'm asking is do scouts actually care about failed drug tests in college? Also, how much do they care about domestic issues (e.g. Tyreek Hill and Joe Mixon)?

Do spread offenses make it more difficult to evaluate offensive linemen?

2016 Adopt a Brownie - Joe Schoebert & Christian Kirksey
brownie man

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OJ Howard just accepted his invitation to the senior bowl

With us coaching the Alabama players I think this is huge news for us. We might not take him at 12 but he's my guy to look out for with a trade down

He's better than Eifert and can block. He'd be our QBs best friend and would be a great fit with Coleman and Pryor as weapons for our QB.
Deshone Kizer, Malik Hooker, Carlos Watkins, Adoree Jackson, Budda Baker, TJ Watt, Montravius Adams, Ryan Switzer, Kendall Beckwith, Davis Webb, Des Lawrence, Shelton Gibson, Jamaal Williams, Bucky Hodges
Bonanza23

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brownie man wrote:

With us coaching the Alabama players I think this is huge news for us. We might not take him at 12 but he's my guy to look out for with a trade down

He's better than Eifert and can block. He'd be our QBs best friend and would be a great fit with Coleman and Pryor as weapons for our QB.

Good the more exposure to talent we can get the better off we are. Would love to grab Howard somewhere.

Thanks Reg!
brownie man

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carlos Watkins just accepted his invite too

Another player we could be coaching that I think our coaching staff would seriously look at drafting first or second round
Deshone Kizer, Malik Hooker, Carlos Watkins, Adoree Jackson, Budda Baker, TJ Watt, Montravius Adams, Ryan Switzer, Kendall Beckwith, Davis Webb, Des Lawrence, Shelton Gibson, Jamaal Williams, Bucky Hodges
kelbot

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brownie man wrote:

OJ Howard is not a better receiving threat than Eifert.
brownie man

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kelbot wrote:
brownie man wrote:

OJ Howard is not a better receiving threat than Eifert.

I think that's false.

More consistent, but not better.

Alabama doesn't use him in their offense. But when you look at college career Eifert never had a game with more than 100 yards receiving.

Howard has 2 with one of those being a 200 yard game. He stretches the field better than Eifert and by the end of the draft process I believe will be considered a better prospect. We'll see when he tears it up at the senior bowl and combine.
brownie man

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.ohio.com/blogs/cleveland-browns/cleveland-browns-1.270107/report-browns-won-t-get-to-coach-clemson-qb-deshaun-watson-in-senior-bowl-because-he-won-t-attend-1.741013

No Watson

But I think this is a blessing in disguise. Better chance Hue won't fall in love with taking him now over the other QBs. Which is what we need.
MWil23

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brownie man wrote:
http://www.ohio.com/blogs/cleveland-browns/cleveland-browns-1.270107/report-browns-won-t-get-to-coach-clemson-qb-deshaun-watson-in-senior-bowl-because-he-won-t-attend-1.741013

No Watson

But I think this is a blessing in disguise. Better chance Hue won't fall in love with taking him now over the other QBs. Which is what we need.

A few things:

1. Great decision by Watson. He went out on a high note against Alabama and his stock WILL NEVER be higher. If I'm him, I may not even do anything at the combine except for run, jump, etc. If they want to see me throw, they can come to my scripted pro day.

2. I disagree. Hue is a great QB evaluator, and giving him a week with any QB to evaluate him makes me feel better than blindly drafting one that he will only have tape on instead of a week of practice.

3. I personally like Watson over Kizer and Alex Smi...I mean, Mitch Trubisky for a lot of reasons, so there's no point in arguing those points with you. Wink

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MWil23 wrote:
brownie man wrote:

No Watson

A few things:

1. Great decision by Watson. He went out on a high note against Alabama and his stock WILL NEVER be higher. If I'm him, I may not even do anything at the combine except for run, jump, etc. If they want to see me throw, they can come to my scripted pro day.

2. I disagree. Hue is a great QB evaluator, and giving him a week with any QB to evaluate him makes me feel better than blindly drafting one that he will only have tape on instead of a week of practice.

3. I personally like Watson over Kizer and Alex Smi...I mean, Mitch Trubisky for a lot of reasons, so there's no point in arguing those points with you. Wink

Completely disagree.

While Watson went out on a high note, there are still a lot of questions surrounding his game. I think it was Daniel Jeremiah who tweeted that he hadn't spoken with a single team that had a first round grade on him.

The senior bowl, combine, etc are a great chance to prove doubters wrong.

If he was a surefire number one pick, sure, sit them out, but he's not.

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
MWil23

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
MWil23 wrote:
brownie man wrote:

No Watson

A few things:

Completely disagree.

While Watson went out on a high note, there are still a lot of questions surrounding his game. I think it was Daniel Jeremiah who tweeted that he hadn't spoken with a single team that had a first round grade on him.

That's fine, we'll agree to disagree. I'd bet good money that Watson is a first round lock despite the grade on him (See: Manziel, Tebow).

The senior bowl, while a good chance to prove doubters wrong, is also a good chance for a bad week that could/will cost a round or two and millions of dollars.

He may not be "surefire", but I can't see any way that a good week would improve his stock.

However, a bad week will definitely hurt his stock.

I never fault anyone for gambling on themselves and ALWAYS respect it, but I never fault these guys for passing as well.

JMHO

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
MWil23 wrote:
brownie man wrote:

No Watson

A few things:

Completely disagree.

I'll add to this. His stock isn't that high. A week ago, fresh off the victory, you had idiots proclaiming that he has to be the #1 pick, but after rationale set in, that sizzled some.

The two teams coaching have 5 picks in the top 36. 3 picks in the top 12. You're a fringe 1st round prospect, this is your chance to woo those two teams, and you turn it down?

I sort of get Jonathan Allen and Reuben Foster turning down their invites, but at the same time, Allen has a real chance at being taken by one of those two teams, i'm not sure why he wouldn't want that week to get to know them and vise versa.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MWil23 wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
MWil23 wrote:
brownie man wrote:

No Watson

A few things:

Completely disagree.

That's fine, we'll agree to disagree. I'd bet good money that Watson is a first round lock despite the grade on him (See: Manziel, Tebow).

The senior bowl, while a good chance to prove doubters wrong, is also a good chance for a bad week that could/will cost a round or two and millions of dollars.

He may not be "surefire", but I can't see any way that a good week would improve his stock.

However, a bad week will definitely hurt his stock.

I never fault anyone for gambling on themselves and ALWAYS respect it, but I never fault these guys for passing as well.

JMHO

I agree that he may very well go that high, qb's are always overdrafted, but I think it points to the fact teams have questions.

I don't think a bad week would hurt him that much as he's got 3 years worth of tape to point to and I think coaches and front office types are more forgiving of a single workout or bowl week that the media and some fans.

Think back to how much the bowl week helped Wentz last year. He went from an early second rounder to a mid to high first because of the buzz he generated. It happens a lot too. I guess I just look at it as if someone is going to make a slash and generate some buzz, might as well be me.

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 3 of 18

Jump to: