Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official Browns Senior Bowl Thread *Coaching the South Team
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 16, 17, 18  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Mind Character


Joined: 23 Dec 2016
Posts: 470
Location: N/a
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
How are you guys seeing who is on what roster or are you just making assumptions? I can only find one big list and I'm not about to assume anything because how they divide north and south has always been a bit of a disaster. I have seen Ohio State kids on the south team and I've seen SEC players on the north squad. It is especially bad with the western states they seem to have no idea where to put those guy.

Here is my list I would love our staff to get a close look at that week.

Julien Davenport
Evan Engram
Corn Elder
Antonio Garcia
Zane Gonzalez
Desmond King
Tanoh Kpassagnon
Takkarist McKinley
Antonio Pipkin
Tanzel Smart
Dawuane Smoot
Cameron Sutton
Jamaal Williams


Assumptions based on previous years.That is, UCLA players go to the North. There seems to be a geographic element to team placement. This rule is broken to fill positional depth occasionally like Graham Glaskow from michigan being on the South team instead of the North. We took a lot of Senior Bowl players last year, but it's a shame because my favorite players in the draft are likely going to be on the North. Sutton, Smoot, King, Takk. Want our coaches to see if Tanoh can play with the elite power and not the stiff push he sometimes exhibits. Those things can be seen up close and personal.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kelbot


Joined: 12 Dec 2006
Posts: 2765
Location: Dayton, OH
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
kelbot wrote:
I'm excited to see Hue with Chad Kelly.


I feel confident in saying after JFF we won't see Swag Kelly in a Browns uni.


Agreed. It's a shame he's a tool, because I really like his arm talent.
_________________
There's always money in the banana stand
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LETSGOBROWNIES


Joined: 06 Feb 2006
Posts: 15344
Location: CINCINNATI
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kelbot wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
kelbot wrote:
I'm excited to see Hue with Chad Kelly.


I feel confident in saying after JFF we won't see Swag Kelly in a Browns uni.


Agreed. It's a shame he's a tool, because I really like his arm talent.


For sure.
_________________
First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mind Character


Joined: 23 Dec 2016
Posts: 470
Location: N/a
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mind Character wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:
How are you guys seeing who is on what roster or are you just making assumptions? I can only find one big list and I'm not about to assume anything because how they divide north and south has always been a bit of a disaster. I have seen Ohio State kids on the south team and I've seen SEC players on the north squad. It is especially bad with the western states they seem to have no idea where to put those guy.

Here is my list I would love our staff to get a close look at that week.

Julien Davenport
Evan Engram
Corn Elder
Antonio Garcia
Zane Gonzalez
Desmond King
Tanoh Kpassagnon
Takkarist McKinley
Antonio Pipkin
Tanzel Smart
Dawuane Smoot
Cameron Sutton
Jamaal Williams


Assumptions based on previous years.That is, UCLA players go to the North. There seems to be a geographic element to team placement. This rule is broken to fill positional depth occasionally like Graham Glaskow from michigan being on the South team instead of the North. We took a lot of Senior Bowl players last year, but it's a shame because my favorite players in the draft are likely going to be on the North. Sutton, Smoot, King, Takk. Want our coaches to see if Tanoh can play with the elite power and not the stiff push he sometimes exhibits. Those things can be seen up close and personal.


Just found out from the fam that Coaching staffs don't switch up during practice; however, senior bowl teams get extra meeting staffs. Hopefully the bears don't fall in love with all the players and draft accordingly. Still a lot of impact players on the South, but no where close to the North,
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
brownie man


Joined: 26 Jan 2008
Posts: 8227
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/01/06/deshaun-watson-invited-to-play-in-senior-bowl-for-browns-staff/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Watson might participate in the senior bowl. If I were him I would. If we coach him and like him I could see us taking him at 12. It'd be good for him to create a floor at 12 for a draft stock as indefinite as his.
_________________
DizzyDean wrote:

I never even predicted Kizer to fail, I simply said he was an over drafted project. Now tell me that I am wrong in that regard.


^^^^
This dude is gonna look real bad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
candyman93


Joined: 02 Dec 2009
Posts: 59113
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They need to have a underclass an bowl or something.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MWil23


Joined: 25 Aug 2006
Posts: 6433
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
They need to have a underclass an bowl or something.


Good call!

Better idea:

Have all the guys in the senior bowl practice separately and have the "sophomore/junior bowl" guys practice separately and then PLAY each other. Very Happy
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LETSGOBROWNIES


Joined: 06 Feb 2006
Posts: 15344
Location: CINCINNATI
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just do a "predraft bowl".

Let coaches draft players who are draft eligible and coach em up.

It gives the team's coaching a better look and gives players a chance to enhance their draft stock.
_________________
First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mind Character


Joined: 23 Dec 2016
Posts: 470
Location: N/a
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brownie man wrote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/01/06/deshaun-watson-invited-to-play-in-senior-bowl-for-browns-staff/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Watson might participate in the senior bowl. If I were him I would. If we coach him and like him I could see us taking him at 12. It'd be good for him to create a floor at 12 for a draft stock as indefinite as his.


NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Please please no.

Good news I found out today listening to phil savage. The senior bowl on the friday before the game swaps teams and coaches not for practice, but for meeting time. Supposedly this is how the cowboys got exposed to Prescott. This is good.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
brownie man


Joined: 26 Jan 2008
Posts: 8227
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mind Character wrote:
brownie man wrote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/01/06/deshaun-watson-invited-to-play-in-senior-bowl-for-browns-staff/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Watson might participate in the senior bowl. If I were him I would. If we coach him and like him I could see us taking him at 12. It'd be good for him to create a floor at 12 for a draft stock as indefinite as his.


NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Please please no.

Good news I found out today listening to phil savage. The senior bowl on the friday before the game swaps teams and coaches not for practice, but for meeting time. Supposedly this is how the cowboys got exposed to Prescott. This is good.


Yeah I don't want Watson, but I could see it if Hue got his hands on the kid.
_________________
DizzyDean wrote:

I never even predicted Kizer to fail, I simply said he was an over drafted project. Now tell me that I am wrong in that regard.


^^^^
This dude is gonna look real bad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
zelbell


Moderator
Joined: 08 Feb 2010
Posts: 13594
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I'd like to see Watson at the Senior Bowl as well
_________________

2016 Recipient of the Joe Blackburn Award
JammerHammer21 wrote:
(It's impossible to deny how good OSU has been Laughing)

sdrawkcab321 wrote:
This is better then the circus
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
brownie man


Joined: 26 Jan 2008
Posts: 8227
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm excited now we'll be coaching the senior bowl and be running a 43.

My guy to look out for is Montravious Adams. Not many people watched Auburn this year. Montravius Adams is to me the guy to watch. He's a grown [inappropriate/removed] bully at the DT spot. He'd be a great fit next to Shelton as a guy who can stop the run and push the pocket on passing downs. He'd be a huge help to our run defense.

He's my guy to look out for that we will be coaching

My top 5 guys as of now that I think are going to raise their stock at the senior bowl

1. Montravius Adams
2. Cameron Sutton
3. Davis Webb
4. Ryan Switzer
5. Jamaal Williams
_________________
DizzyDean wrote:

I never even predicted Kizer to fail, I simply said he was an over drafted project. Now tell me that I am wrong in that regard.


^^^^
This dude is gonna look real bad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mind Character


Joined: 23 Dec 2016
Posts: 470
Location: N/a
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brownie man wrote:
I'm excited now we'll be coaching the senior bowl and be running a 43.

My guy to look out for is Montravious Adams. Not many people watched Auburn this year. Montravius Adams is to me the guy to watch. He's a grown [inappropriate/removed] bully at the DT spot. He'd be a great fit next to Shelton as a guy who can stop the run and push the pocket on passing downs. He'd be a huge help to our run defense.

He's my guy to look out for that we will be coaching

My top 5 guys as of now that I think are going to raise their stock at the senior bowl

1. Montravius Adams
2. Cameron Sutton
3. Davis Webb
4. Ryan Switzer
5. Jamaal Williams


Not a fan at all of Montravius Adams. Burst and power to swim move is looks nice. Never uses it and everything else he does including sleeping on the shoulder of OLineman, getting off the ball late, or not using heavy hands is frustrating for a player that has heavy hands, can urgently disrupt run and pass. I'd pass on him, but then again...I have only seen 3 game tapes. So, maybe my evaluation is incomplete, but I don't see the impact of Adams in any tangible or sustainable manner.

Love Cam Sutton.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
KamTrus20


Joined: 17 Nov 2009
Posts: 6833
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex Anzalone added to the Senior Bowl. There is a player to watch there. Has and injury history and could cause him to be there in late 3rd or 4th but he has immense talent.
_________________


Jamison on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaWg_LB.


Joined: 02 Dec 2005
Posts: 6182
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mind Character wrote:
brownie man wrote:
I'm excited now we'll be coaching the senior bowl and be running a 43.

My guy to look out for is Montravious Adams. Not many people watched Auburn this year. Montravius Adams is to me the guy to watch. He's a grown [inappropriate/removed] bully at the DT spot. He'd be a great fit next to Shelton as a guy who can stop the run and push the pocket on passing downs. He'd be a huge help to our run defense.

He's my guy to look out for that we will be coaching

My top 5 guys as of now that I think are going to raise their stock at the senior bowl

1. Montravius Adams
2. Cameron Sutton
3. Davis Webb
4. Ryan Switzer
5. Jamaal Williams


Not a fan at all of Montravius Adams. Burst and power to swim move is looks nice. Never uses it and everything else he does including sleeping on the shoulder of OLineman, getting off the ball late, or not using heavy hands is frustrating for a player that has heavy hands, can urgently disrupt run and pass. I'd pass on him, but then again...I have only seen 3 game tapes. So, maybe my evaluation is incomplete, but I don't see the impact of Adams in any tangible or sustainable manner.

Love Cam Sutton.


I'm am a huge fan of his also....I mentioned him in a post back in Sept/Oct...I've watched that kid for 2 years now.....with so much of my family in SC, Alabama and Arkansas as players and coaches, I get to hear about a lot of these kids while they are still in HS.....he has the potential to be one of the dominant Dlineman coming out of this draft....He kept two kids on the bench (who I mentioned in my Futures post a couple of months back) who are going to be BONFIED super stars (Derrick Brown and Marlon Davidson...ya'll will hear about them next year)....Adams has been a steady defender for Auburn over the past 3 years as a starter....and has his most active year this season in terms of sacks and tackles for loss......
From what I've seen over the past 3 seasons (about 9 games..3 this season, scouting Carl Lawson mostly...) this kid is a day 1 legit starter in the NFL....
_________________
-A team is built through the Draft.

Second Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 2 of 18

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group