Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official Browns Senior Bowl Thread *Coaching the South Team
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mind Character

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
How are you guys seeing who is on what roster or are you just making assumptions? I can only find one big list and I'm not about to assume anything because how they divide north and south has always been a bit of a disaster. I have seen Ohio State kids on the south team and I've seen SEC players on the north squad. It is especially bad with the western states they seem to have no idea where to put those guy.

Here is my list I would love our staff to get a close look at that week.

Julien Davenport
Evan Engram
Corn Elder
Antonio Garcia
Zane Gonzalez
Desmond King
Tanoh Kpassagnon
Takkarist McKinley
Antonio Pipkin
Tanzel Smart
Dawuane Smoot
Cameron Sutton
Jamaal Williams

Assumptions based on previous years.That is, UCLA players go to the North. There seems to be a geographic element to team placement. This rule is broken to fill positional depth occasionally like Graham Glaskow from michigan being on the South team instead of the North. We took a lot of Senior Bowl players last year, but it's a shame because my favorite players in the draft are likely going to be on the North. Sutton, Smoot, King, Takk. Want our coaches to see if Tanoh can play with the elite power and not the stiff push he sometimes exhibits. Those things can be seen up close and personal.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kelbot

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
kelbot wrote:
I'm excited to see Hue with Chad Kelly.

I feel confident in saying after JFF we won't see Swag Kelly in a Browns uni.

Agreed. It's a shame he's a tool, because I really like his arm talent.
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kelbot wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
kelbot wrote:
I'm excited to see Hue with Chad Kelly.

I feel confident in saying after JFF we won't see Swag Kelly in a Browns uni.

Agreed. It's a shame he's a tool, because I really like his arm talent.

For sure.
Mind Character

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mind Character wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:
How are you guys seeing who is on what roster or are you just making assumptions? I can only find one big list and I'm not about to assume anything because how they divide north and south has always been a bit of a disaster. I have seen Ohio State kids on the south team and I've seen SEC players on the north squad. It is especially bad with the western states they seem to have no idea where to put those guy.

Here is my list I would love our staff to get a close look at that week.

Julien Davenport
Evan Engram
Corn Elder
Antonio Garcia
Zane Gonzalez
Desmond King
Tanoh Kpassagnon
Takkarist McKinley
Antonio Pipkin
Tanzel Smart
Dawuane Smoot
Cameron Sutton
Jamaal Williams

Assumptions based on previous years.That is, UCLA players go to the North. There seems to be a geographic element to team placement. This rule is broken to fill positional depth occasionally like Graham Glaskow from michigan being on the South team instead of the North. We took a lot of Senior Bowl players last year, but it's a shame because my favorite players in the draft are likely going to be on the North. Sutton, Smoot, King, Takk. Want our coaches to see if Tanoh can play with the elite power and not the stiff push he sometimes exhibits. Those things can be seen up close and personal.

Just found out from the fam that Coaching staffs don't switch up during practice; however, senior bowl teams get extra meeting staffs. Hopefully the bears don't fall in love with all the players and draft accordingly. Still a lot of impact players on the South, but no where close to the North,
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
brownie man

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/01/06/deshaun-watson-invited-to-play-in-senior-bowl-for-browns-staff/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Watson might participate in the senior bowl. If I were him I would. If we coach him and like him I could see us taking him at 12. It'd be good for him to create a floor at 12 for a draft stock as indefinite as his.

I never even predicted Kizer to fail, I simply said he was an over drafted project. Now tell me that I am wrong in that regard.

^^^^
This dude is gonna look real bad
candyman93

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They need to have a underclass an bowl or something.
MWil23

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
They need to have a underclass an bowl or something.

Good call!

Better idea:

Have all the guys in the senior bowl practice separately and have the "sophomore/junior bowl" guys practice separately and then PLAY each other. Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just do a "predraft bowl".

Let coaches draft players who are draft eligible and coach em up.

It gives the team's coaching a better look and gives players a chance to enhance their draft stock.
Mind Character

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brownie man wrote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/01/06/deshaun-watson-invited-to-play-in-senior-bowl-for-browns-staff/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Watson might participate in the senior bowl. If I were him I would. If we coach him and like him I could see us taking him at 12. It'd be good for him to create a floor at 12 for a draft stock as indefinite as his.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Please please no.

Good news I found out today listening to phil savage. The senior bowl on the friday before the game swaps teams and coaches not for practice, but for meeting time. Supposedly this is how the cowboys got exposed to Prescott. This is good.
brownie man

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mind Character wrote:
brownie man wrote:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Please please no.

Good news I found out today listening to phil savage. The senior bowl on the friday before the game swaps teams and coaches not for practice, but for meeting time. Supposedly this is how the cowboys got exposed to Prescott. This is good.

Yeah I don't want Watson, but I could see it if Hue got his hands on the kid.

I never even predicted Kizer to fail, I simply said he was an over drafted project. Now tell me that I am wrong in that regard.

^^^^
zelbell

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I'd like to see Watson at the Senior Bowl as well

2016 Recipient of the Joe Blackburn Award
JammerHammer21 wrote:
(It's impossible to deny how good OSU has been Laughing)

sdrawkcab321 wrote:
This is better then the circus
brownie man

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm excited now we'll be coaching the senior bowl and be running a 43.

My guy to look out for is Montravious Adams. Not many people watched Auburn this year. Montravius Adams is to me the guy to watch. He's a grown [inappropriate/removed] bully at the DT spot. He'd be a great fit next to Shelton as a guy who can stop the run and push the pocket on passing downs. He'd be a huge help to our run defense.

He's my guy to look out for that we will be coaching

My top 5 guys as of now that I think are going to raise their stock at the senior bowl

1. Montravius Adams
2. Cameron Sutton
3. Davis Webb
4. Ryan Switzer
5. Jamaal Williams

^^^^
Mind Character

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brownie man wrote:

My guy to look out for is Montravious Adams. Not many people watched Auburn this year. Montravius Adams is to me the guy to watch. He's a grown [inappropriate/removed] bully at the DT spot. He'd be a great fit next to Shelton as a guy who can stop the run and push the pocket on passing downs. He'd be a huge help to our run defense.

My top 5 guys as of now that I think are going to raise their stock at the senior bowl

1. Montravius Adams
2. Cameron Sutton
3. Davis Webb
4. Ryan Switzer
5. Jamaal Williams

Not a fan at all of Montravius Adams. Burst and power to swim move is looks nice. Never uses it and everything else he does including sleeping on the shoulder of OLineman, getting off the ball late, or not using heavy hands is frustrating for a player that has heavy hands, can urgently disrupt run and pass. I'd pass on him, but then again...I have only seen 3 game tapes. So, maybe my evaluation is incomplete, but I don't see the impact of Adams in any tangible or sustainable manner.

Love Cam Sutton.
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex Anzalone added to the Senior Bowl. There is a player to watch there. Has and injury history and could cause him to be there in late 3rd or 4th but he has immense talent.

Jamison on the sig
DaWg_LB.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mind Character wrote:
brownie man wrote:

1. Montravius Adams
2. Cameron Sutton
3. Davis Webb
4. Ryan Switzer
5. Jamaal Williams

Not a fan at all of Montravius Adams. Burst and power to swim move is looks nice. Never uses it and everything else he does including sleeping on the shoulder of OLineman, getting off the ball late, or not using heavy hands is frustrating for a player that has heavy hands, can urgently disrupt run and pass. I'd pass on him, but then again...I have only seen 3 game tapes. So, maybe my evaluation is incomplete, but I don't see the impact of Adams in any tangible or sustainable manner.

Love Cam Sutton.

I'm am a huge fan of his also....I mentioned him in a post back in Sept/Oct...I've watched that kid for 2 years now.....with so much of my family in SC, Alabama and Arkansas as players and coaches, I get to hear about a lot of these kids while they are still in HS.....he has the potential to be one of the dominant Dlineman coming out of this draft....He kept two kids on the bench (who I mentioned in my Futures post a couple of months back) who are going to be BONFIED super stars (Derrick Brown and Marlon Davidson...ya'll will hear about them next year)....Adams has been a steady defender for Auburn over the past 3 years as a starter....and has his most active year this season in terms of sacks and tackles for loss......
From what I've seen over the past 3 seasons (about 9 games..3 this season, scouting Carl Lawson mostly...) this kid is a day 1 legit starter in the NFL....

Second Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 2 of 18

Jump to: