Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Wildcard Weekend: Detroit @ Seattle, Saturday, 5:15PT on NBC
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sacks98

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:
I'm starting to hate Russell Wilson. So bad when he is kept in the pocket. Always trying to scramble instead of knowing where his hot route is. Or a wide open receiver that he doesnt see because he cant read a defense or anticipate.
you talk in such extremes Laughing

There weren't check down receivers open sometimes. Where I strongly agree is how poor he is at manipulating the pocket. It is hard to out that all on him since he isnt hsed to having a pocket... with that said, he needs to sit down this offseason and learn from how Brees, Brady, and Rodgers work from inside the pcoket to create space

I didn't notice consistent, glaring, holding by Ifedi. Can you point out where you thought that happened? Ever offensive lineman ever will get away with some holding. Curious what made it so glaring

Yeah games would never end if the refs called every hold by an offensive linemen.
SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:
I'm starting to hate Russell Wilson. So bad when he is kept in the pocket. Always trying to scramble instead of knowing where his hot route is. Or a wide open receiver that he doesnt see because he cant read a defense or anticipate.

There weren't check down receivers open sometimes. Where I strongly agree is how poor he is at manipulating the pocket. It is hard to out that all on him since he isnt hsed to having a pocket... with that said, he needs to sit down this offseason and learn from how Brees, Brady, and Rodgers work from inside the pcoket to create space

I didn't notice consistent, glaring, holding by Ifedi. Can you point out where you thought that happened? Ever offensive lineman ever will get away with some holding. Curious what made it so glaring
I am pretty extreme.

On the first or second offensive series (punts on both) Graham was in the slot with no one within 7 yards of him safety was playing way off and the LB was showing blitz but dropped into zone. Russ should have seen that and just threw to him right away. Give him a nod or hand signal to tell him whats up. It cant be that hard. Later he missed a wiiiide open Luke Willson running down field, who he would have saw if he stood strong in the pocket and looked straight ahead. Instead he danced for 1 second and got sacked. I think i posted that at half time and Russ made adjustments in the 2nd half. Its frustrating to see week in and week out when i have seen the rookie class of QBs do a better job in the pocket than a 5th year starter.

Ifedi held on Rawls TD run pretty blatantly. No idea how they missed it. They didnt even show a reply on it Laughing. It was only that play I noticed. I wouldn't be surprised if every one on one he had there was a bad hold that wasnt called. He did well on the double team blocks though.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SupeRG00F wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:

I am pretty extreme.

On the first or second offensive series (punts on both) Graham was in the slot with no one within 7 yards of him safety was playing way off and the LB was showing blitz but dropped into zone. Russ should have seen that and just threw to him right away. Give him a nod or hand signal to tell him whats up. It cant be that hard. Later he missed a wiiiide open Luke Willson running down field, who he would have saw if he stood strong in the pocket and looked straight ahead. Instead he danced for 1 second and got sacked. I think i posted that at half time and Russ made adjustments in the 2nd half. Its frustrating to see week in and week out when i have seen the rookie class of QBs do a better job in the pocket than a 5th year starter.

Ifedi held on Rawls TD run pretty blatantly. No idea how they missed it. They didnt even show a reply on it Laughing. It was only that play I noticed. I wouldn't be surprised if every one on one he had there was a bad hold that wasnt called. He did well on the double team blocks though.
I just watched every run in the Rawls highlight in slow mo. The TD was the only play that you could maybe call a hold. However, I would not call that anywhere near blatant. His left hand gets up high but every single quality offensive lineman holds the jersey of the opponent on their best run blocks. You just have to hold it in tight

I would argue he needs to do a better job holding onto his guy after engaging. I didn't see any holds

#1 ET Supporter
SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:

I am pretty extreme.

I just watched every run in the Rawls highlight in slow mo. The TD was the only play that you could maybe call a hold. However, I would not call that anywhere near blatant. His left hand gets up high but every single quality offensive lineman holds the jersey of the opponent on their best run blocks. You just have to hold it in tight

I would argue he needs to do a better job holding onto his guy after engaging. I didn't see any holds
I know there is holding on every play. The good blockers keep their hands inside when they do it. It should have been called. I'm not a believer in Ifedi. You know O-line more than I do so I hope your optimism in him is a sign he has what it takes.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SupeRG00F wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:

I am pretty extreme.

I know there is holding on every play. The good blockers keep their hands inside when they do it. It should have been called. I'm not a believer in Ifedi. You know O-line more than I do so I hope your optimism in him is a sign he has what it takes.
I agree with all of you guys on the fact that he has sucked all year. I think I am just happy with a game where he looked promising. I am probably the hopeful optimist around here when it comes to certain players, but I just know guys can make massive jumps between years

#1 ET Supporter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: