Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Wildcard Weekend: Detroit @ Seattle, Saturday, 5:15PT on NBC
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:50 pm    Post subject: Wildcard Weekend: Detroit @ Seattle, Saturday, 5:15PT on NBC Reply with quote

How confident are you all we can win?

Detroit isn't a bad team, but if there is one playoff team I feel we are better than in the NFC it is probably Detroit. With that said, if we play like we have been they can easily beat us.

#1 ET Supporter
Zman724

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree!

I would say I'm now down to a 7 of 10. Detroit lost the last 3 to playoff teams. Dallas, G-men and GB. In our last 6, we beat Carolina, LA and squeeked by SF. We lost to TB, blasted by GB and nipped by Zona.

Our pass defense is now weak w out ET and we get bear by rbs and TEs. Ebron, Bold in w hand inj, Tate and Jones will exploit us. Watch Ziggy on D and Prater is an excellent kicker while haushka is now unreliable and our SP teams suck. That's why it's only a 7 of 10.

The spread is Hawks by 8 and I would never take it. Hawks would give up a backdoor spread loss.

Hawks 26 Lions 24.
theuntouchable

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is SOS still around?

MathMan wrote:
anyone around?

I feel..so cold.
imani

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw somewhere that Detroit is the worst in league at generating pressure. That bodes well for us at home.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
Saw somewhere that Detroit is the worst in league at generating pressure. That bodes well for us at home.

Yeah, Ansah missed a handful of games and was battling injuries throughout the season, which greatly affected our ability to generate pressure. He's back now, and seems to be in better form lately.

Team Stylish

"May my enemies live long so they can see me progress."
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
imani wrote:

Yeah, Ansah missed a handful of games and was battling injuries throughout the season, which greatly affected our ability to generate pressure. He's back now, and seems to be in better form lately.
Boooooo

Is Slay healthy too? I know he had moments where he missed time

#1 ET Supporter
TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
imani wrote:

Boooooo

Is Slay healthy too? I know he had moments where he missed time

I believe both Ansah and Slay practiced and are expected to play, although neither appear to be 100%. Anything less than their best will be a huge blow to a defense that, although decent, lacks an identity.

Team Stylish

"May my enemies live long so they can see me progress."
Zman724

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure why this game still concerns me, but it could be our OL, our Special teams are weak & the lack of ball hawking in our secondary.

I'm expecting a game over the 42.5 O/U. I don't think our run game will do squat and hope we don't force it. One of the best unheralded LB's in the NFL is Tahir Whitehead. I'd never heard of the guy but after watching that GB game, this guy is a big time thumper in the middle. He was 2nd in the NFL in solo tackles in only 15 games. As far as combined tackles (includes assists) and is how tackles are ranked, Tahir finished tied for #8 in the NFL. Wags was #1. Tahir had 8 games with double digit tackles, so he's very consistent.

Ziggy can rush the passer, so it's time for a focused game plan. My idea is that RW will chuck it around 35 times. While he shouldn't force throws, for us to win, Graham & Baldwin need to be targeted 20+ times. I"m not sure why we don't run a 2 man route combo. That's how KC runs their O and gets Tr. Kelce involved. Make 2 reads & then look for the RB as an outlet. The other 13 could be for Kearse, Richardson, McEvoy (hope he gets PT) Willson & the RB's. I'm not sure why RW loves Kearse but he does. He trusts him far too much. We don't have the OL to go through 3 reads. 1, 2 throw. Roll RW out as RW is excellent on the roll. I've never seen a better arm or accuracy for a right handed QB spinning to his left side & unloading than RW, never.

Graham has shown that he can break multiple tackles when given the rock. He can box out for snags and can run routes like Dwight Clark ran in "the catch" back in 81. Get it high and no one will catch it besides Graham. The guy has 8 inches over most DB's and can beat LB's.

I think Detroit will expose our simple zone with their plethora of weapons and missing ET. Zenner is actually a decent back. A poor mans Mike Alstott. I actually like the guy except for Saturday.

O.K this is turning into a Tolstoy novel but just typing out ideas without any focus on cohesiveness.

Now looking at 27-24 Hawks but don't feel great about it. I'd take the Lions +8 and over 42.5 for degenerate gamblers.
SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm starting to hate Russell Wilson. So bad when he is kept in the pocket. Always trying to scramble instead of knowing where his hot route is. Or a wide open receiver that he doesnt see because he cant read a defense or anticipate.
SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That 3rd and 1 formation change to Graham was Bevells best play call of the year.
SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The penalties called against the Lions are a joke. The non calls on Ifedi for holding are a bigger joke.

Atlanta is gonna feast next week.
SpoonFed56

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SupeRG00F wrote:
The penalties called against the Lions are a joke. The non calls on Ifedi for holding are a bigger joke.

Finally, a Seattle fan with sense.
Sacks98

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought we had a great game to be honest Bevell actually stuck to the run which helped out in the pass protection in my opinion.
SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpoonFed56 wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:

Finally, a Seattle fan with sense.
I wouldn't go that far.

Falcon fans are quite confident though.We will see if your young team can perform well under the pressure of being expected to win. Ryan had one great quarter and three not very good last time we met. I expect him to be better throughout this game.
Tatupu_64

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SupeRG00F wrote:
I'm starting to hate Russell Wilson. So bad when he is kept in the pocket. Always trying to scramble instead of knowing where his hot route is. Or a wide open receiver that he doesnt see because he cant read a defense or anticipate.
you talk in such extremes Laughing

There weren't check down receivers open sometimes. Where I strongly agree is how poor he is at manipulating the pocket. It is hard to out that all on him since he isnt hsed to having a pocket... with that said, he needs to sit down this offseason and learn from how Brees, Brady, and Rodgers work from inside the pcoket to create space

I didn't notice consistent, glaring, holding by Ifedi. Can you point out where you thought that happened? Ever offensive lineman ever will get away with some holding. Curious what made it so glaring

#1 ET Supporter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: